Prospect Info: #4 Sam Bennett

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Flames in my opinion have had the best draft the past two years. Bennett is going to be a stud and of course I love Mono.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Yea there is no way Burke allows Treliving to let this kid play in the NHL all season.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
After screaming at the TV for Maatta instead of Jankowski we've picked exactly who I wanted with our first pick in the past two years. Love it.

Welcome to the Flames Sam!

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Yea there is no way Burke allows Treliving to let this kid play in the NHL all season.

He let Feaster keep Monohan in the NHL in the NHL all season and he even said Monohan made it impossible for them to send him down. Bennett could do the same, but I do agree he could use another year to dominate and get strong.

I don't think Burke will have the input that he had over Feaster also.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
So I guess a good question is, does Bennett get the 9 game try out?

I think it's fair to say they will give him the 9 game tryout, and send him down.

If not it would be because he shows in pre-season he isn't quite ready yet .

And I understand about Monahan getting in and doing well, but he really is a special player. Who knows if Bennett is close and can produce and contribute the same way Monahan did, then....great!

Also, let's not forget Monahan was going down to an awful team in the CHL

Last edited:

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Jeez, when you put it like that, that really sounds exciting. I'm really looking forward to what the next couple of years will bring.

Hopefully some RWers and D. Lol
this is definitely the guy i wanted and i thought for sure it wouldn't happen.

Very excited. Hope he plays in OHL next year I will watch him every chance I get.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Bennett
Monahan
Backlund

down the middle for the future

raw

JulianHopper*

Welcome Sam Bennett,

Flames were lucky to get him at fourth overall, I'm happy he's here. Good fit for the Flames.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
[nhl]626644[/nhl]

What Scouts Say:

INTERNATIONAL SCOUTING SERVICE

A magician with the puck who always brings creativity on offence. As equally adept at scoring goals as he is at passing the puck. A well-rounded talent on offence with many weapons in his arsenal. Can play either on the perimeter or around the net thanks to his evasiveness and unpredictability with the puck. Deceptively quick release and strong wrist-shot. Boasts a full repertoire of skills in all areas of the game. Possesses explosive speed with the puck and loves to attack the net. Very shifty & elusive skating ability that allows him to transition in no-time and get to open ice. Have really liked this player for a number of years. Needs to add more strength, but always plays with a mean edge and never backs down physically.

Style Compares To: Logan Couture

NHL Potential: Franchise Centre

NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING

“He plays the kind of game you think cannot be sustained for a whole season because it’s a high-energy game and compete game at all ends of the ice. He ends up playing that game for the whole year and has led his team. He just never stops, and put that with the skill package he has and how well he thinks the game, he’s pretty much a top-notch player.†- David Gregory

RED LINE REPORT

We absolutely love this kid - they type of player you win championships with. An effortless skater with exceptional quickness and speed. Skilled centreman has an absolutely relentless, and unmatched compete level. Strong on the puck. Plays on the edge with grit. Very elusive - in open ice he’s untouchable. Combines skill with a non-stop motor. Exceptional effort on the forecheck creates havoc and turnovers from d-men. Extraordinary desire/determination. Highly skilled with the puck on his stick and difficult to contain in the offensive zone. Tremendous vision and playmaking ability. Has sneaky hard shot with a lightning fast release - comes up with the big goals in big moments. His nasty streak forces defenders to move the puck quicker than they’d like. Plays dirty which makes him tough to play against, but also takes a few penalties. Strong personal character and captain material.

Projection: Gritty, skilled, two-way #1 centre & captain

Style compares to: A better skating Doug Gilmour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad