GDT: #4 | FLYERS at Predators | Tue. Oct. 10, 8:00 pm ET| FS-TN, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Josi is a GTD tonight. Samuel Girard would make his debut if needed. Only 19, Girard is a smallish offensive Dman from the Q.

I'd like to see a biggish defensive defenseman from the Q make his debut for us, and a crappish goaltender-crashing counterfeit defenseman from the farm f*** off to the surface of the Sun. I doubt that is going to happen, but you never know, I guess.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I am also shocked Morin hasn't been put in. Especially when you look at Sanhiems body of work. It was the correct move to go back to Sanhiem as it is to put Morin now. Hopefully all three get in for the home opener!

Would look even better with Sissons in the lineup.

We have been getting really lucky with injuries. They may be down Josi and are already without Ellis. Got to get the win here!

Reactions: ybnvs

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I am also shocked Morin hasn't been put in. Especially when you look at Sanhiems body of work. It was the correct move to go back to Sanhiem as it is to put Morin now.

Why would it be the "correct move" to yank Sanheim after a solid performance in -- this bears repeating -- game 2 of his NHL career? It's been made pretty clear Sanheim won the job, and Morin is going back to the AHL after tonight.

What body of work are you alluding to? His stellar pre-season? Being the best Phantoms D last year? Surely his body of work isn't being dwindled down to his first two NHL games against two good teams, where he got better as they went along. Why would we not want to see Sanheim play continuously in the next 79 games (+playoffs of course)?

x DeCruze

Dec 7, 2012
Hak isn't going to scratch Amac but they should try scratching Weise and run 7 D with 11 forwards.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I am also shocked Morin hasn't been put in. Especially when you look at Sanhiems body of work. It was the correct move to go back to Sanhiem as it is to put Morin now. Hopefully all three get in for the home opener!

We have been getting really lucky with injuries. They may be down Josi and are already without Ellis. Got to get the win here!
Just watch Hartnell score a hatty and you will be singing different tune.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Sanheims body of work? Ok, bro. Like leading our Dmen in Corsi last game at 63% Or this...

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Sanheims body of work? Ok, bro. Like leading our Dmen in Corsi last game at 63% Or this...

That's great. That chart would stat that that pair is better than nearly the entire league. It's good on them to get some shots, but it doesn't really back them up.

Why would it be the "correct move" to yank Sanheim after a solid performance in -- this bears repeating -- game 2 of his NHL career? It's been made pretty clear Sanheim won the job, and Morin is going back to the AHL after tonight.

What body of work are you alluding to? His stellar pre-season? Being the best Phantoms D last year? Surely his body of work isn't being dwindled down to his first two NHL games against two good teams, where he got better as they went along. Why would we not want to see Sanheim play continuously in the next 79 games (+playoffs of course)?

The body of work I am alluding to is his poor positioning. The kind of work that was responsible for a goal against. This isn't provorv blowing a tire, this is Sanhiem cheating to his partner's side and leaving a man ALL ALONE. I mean wide the f*** open. That may be best in AHL stuff, but that reeks in the NHL. That's not just a mistake that's an issue playing the position. On the couts goal he cheated down and was the first to hug him. He was also somewhat at fault for the goal two games ago, could have had a better gap. Then the highsticking call. I was watching him without the puck, he was all over the place. So yea, in an atmosphere where we are having other push each other for spots Sanhiem should sit for Morin. Not saying he's not a good player or he shouldn't even be on the team right now. I'm saying Morin should play over him.

Reactions: hatcher

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
ap-sean-couturier-flyers-ducks.jpg

Goes nicely with my avatar.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
That's great. That chart would stat that that pair is better than nearly the entire league. It's good on them to get some shots, but it doesn't really back them up.

The body of work I am alluding to is his poor positioning. The kind of work that was responsible for a goal against. This isn't provorv blowing a tire, this is Sanhiem cheating to his partner's side and leaving a man ALL ALONE. I mean wide the **** open. That may be best in AHL stuff, but that reeks in the NHL. That's not just a mistake that's an issue playing the position. On the couts goal he cheated down and was the first to hug him. He was also somewhat at fault for the goal two games ago, could have had a better gap. Then the highsticking call. I was watching him without the puck, he was all over the place. So yea, in an atmosphere where we are having other push each other for spots Sanhiem should sit for Morin. Not saying he's not a good player or he shouldn't even be on the team right now. I'm saying Morin should play over him.

I guess you missed the part where the coach said he played that 4 on 4 goal against fine, and there isn't really anything he shoild have done differently.

But if it makes you feel better, blame him all you want. If you think f***ing with your heralded rookies confidence after 2 games is a good idea, and that any little mistake will result in benchings, have at it.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I just read a post here where the poster states that Sam Morin is upset because he was not given a job he thinks he should get. I have yet to see anything from the beat writers where Sam is complaining at all. Yes he stated that he felt he had a good camp. I do not see anything that is bad about that, I want a player that has confidence in his game. Sure he may be disappointed if he is sent back to LV, but who wouldn't be. Sam will go back and work on his craft and be ready for the call. I am the one who was complaining because he had just as good a camp as Hagg and was way better than Sanheim. I do not think Ron is going to trade him unless he gets another gift like the Schenn ( who is doing great) deal. Because he remembers the Isles and Sens. I am not saying Sam is going to be another Chara, but you never know;).

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I guess you missed the part where the coach said he played that 4 on 4 goal against fine, and there isn't really anything he shoild have done differently.

But if it makes you feel better, blame him all you want. If you think ****ing with your heralded rookies confidence after 2 games is a good idea, and that any little mistake will result in benchings, have at it.
Just because an incompetent coach says he played it fine, doesn't mean he played it fine. It was as clear as day he left his man open to cheat to one side. Are you really arguing that because there isn't much to say there. It's not any little mistake but I don't think he should be benched for it, he should be benched for Morin. How about f***ing with morin's confidence?

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Sanheim: Coots, great goal, man!

Coots: Get the **** out of my face and play your position.

giphy.gif
Haha pretty annoying when you're trying to debate and someone isolates a word of the previous comment that was no where near the point. Point is a Dman was right behind couts who scored from right infront of the net. A Dman was across the ice from his position which was being manned by a wide open opponent thinking I haven't been this open since the AHL... And to a lesser extent poor gap control on the first goal he watched go in. If Morin didn't exist I'd say keep in. If you are benching Morin for Sanhiem , that's an error.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Offensive defensemen jump up on the play sometimes.

Should Karlsson be scratched? Burns? Subban? Ghost?

He was able to do so without causing a problem because Giroux was so far behind the play covering for him after he made the long pass. So even if the puck went the other way, they were fine.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Haha pretty annoying when you're trying to debate and someone isolates a word of the previous comment that was no where near the point. Point is a Dman was right behind couts who scored from right infront of the net. A Dman was across the ice from his position which was being manned by a wide open opponent thinking I haven't been this open since the AHL... And to a lesser extent poor gap control on the first goal he watched go in. If Morin didn't exist I'd say keep in. If you are benching Morin for Sanhiem , that's an error.

hatcher was the one person to like your post. I stand on firm ground!

I already responded once sincerely. It makes no sense to scratch the guy you're keeping and not scratch the guy you're sending down. Sanheim has adjustments to make and much to learn 2 games into his NHL career. Stop the presses. Morin is no less liable to make mistakes himself. He can be known to chase too hard at times in his own end and have trouble with heavy forechecks. What you're writing sounds more like you like Morin more and just want him in over Sanheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad