GDT: #4 | FLYERS at Predators | Tue. Oct. 10, 8:00 pm ET| FS-TN, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Why is Morin sitting in the pressbox again. If Hakstok is not going to play big Sam, then send him to Lehigh Valley for some ice time.
Absolutely no need to sit Morin in the pressbox, what a waste.

The Phantoms don't play again till Friday.

Hopefully he can recover from the setback of missing two AHL games.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Won't surprise me if Hextall trades him for a pick or another prospect at some point. Montreal was very interested in him, weren't they?

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone said Hextall was going to trade Laughton or Hagg these past couple of years.

Reactions: Tripod

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That GDT picture has real potential. Should do a caption game.

p0D7DLe.png

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I really can't complain about Morin.

4 of 6 have a combined GP of 236.

It's a little hard to ask for more in this time of great optimism. I'm very happy Sanheim's still up.

And Manning's still in the mandog box. Woo hoo!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I want Morin in the lineup too, but we knew they were not going to stick 3 rookies In the top 6 to start the season unless an injury occurred. It sucks for him since he was so confident he had made it.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I am shocked about Morin. I really thought he was the lock of the 3 rookies. One thing I noticed about the 1st 3 games was how small of a team we are...makes it even more surprising that they dont want his size in the line up.

Hak and Hex are so big on character and how guys go about the game as professionals. It would not surprise me if they saw something about how Morin approached camp that they didnt like, and they are trying to teach him a lesson early in his career (kinda like TK and Ghost last year). Guys like Nolan and Ivan already act like vets so they never get the rookie treatment. I think thats why Amac and the twins got so much love...bc they act how the coach wants the kids to act so he favors them to send a message to the rookies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This has nothing to do with Morins character and everything to do with Haks infatuation with MacDonald and the trickle down effect that has on the rest of the D.

They want Ghost on the Left and Morin cant play the right.

They dont want to put two non "puck moving dmen" together in Morin/Gudas.

If they benched Mac and moved Gudas up to play with Provorov, Morin slots comfortably on Sanheims left.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Replacing MDZ/Streit with Hagg and Manning with Sanheim already boosted the average size a fair bit.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Wayne Simmonds has been named NHL 3rd Star of the Week thanks to hit hat-trick and OT winner.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Manning won maybe one fight last year from my memory, against Gaunce from Pitt. He couldn't even beat Jason Spezza. Spezza's career NHL fight card can be counted on one hand, and he hadn't fought since 08/09 before his tilt with Manning. If your calling card in the NHL is fighting, then you'd better be able to handily beat a soft top 6 center.

Point is, I doubt McLeod would lose any sleep over Man Dog.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Look. I'd love to see Morin.

But if you walked up to me in August and said the D would be: Provorov/Ghost/Gudas/Sanheim/Hagg/MacDonald. I'd probably kiss you.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Replacing MDZ/Streit

This also was what I've been thinking when I've been telling myself I can't possibly complain.

MDZ and Streit are gone. Say it with me, just once. MDZ and Streit are gone.

And look who's in their places.

If you're not celebrating, you are braindead.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
This also was what I've been thinking when I've been telling myself I can't possibly complain.

MDZ and Streit are gone. Say it with me, just once. MDZ and Streit are gone.

And look who's in their places.

If you're not celebrating, you are braindead.
what's truly celebratory here?
they were both UFAs, who were going to be gone 100% after the season, unlike the anchor we're tied to in MacDonald

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Did the Ducks trade someone to the Flyers?

Yes.

https://sports.yahoo.com/flyers-acquire-goalie-dustin-tokarski-190153913.html

The Flyers on Monday made a minor-league move, acquiring goalie Dustin Tokarski from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for future considerations.

This is a depth move for the Flyers, who have Alex Lyon starting for the Phantoms with Anthony Stolarz on the shelf with the knee injury. Tokarski provides a veteran presence to slot behind Lyon in Lehigh Valley.

The 28-year-old Tokarski has spent most of his eight-year career in the AHL, but has played in 34 career games in the NHL with Tampa Bay, Montreal and Anaheim. He took over for an injured Carey Price in the 2014 Eastern Conference Final and and started four of the five games in that series. In his NHL career, Tokarski has a 10-12-5 regular-season record with a 2.84 goals-against average and .904 save percentage

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Thank you MSE, I fell asleep on the couch woke up to NHL network and thought Insae it on the bottom line

You are welcome.

Here is an article with some quotes...

http://www.courierpostonline.com/st...yers-focus-play-away-home-put-test/747826001/

Tokarski, 28, is known best for stepping in against the New York Rangers during the 2014 Eastern Conference finals when Carey Price went down with an injury for the Montreal Canadiens.

“He was unbelievable,” said Dale Weise, who was on that Canadiens team with Tokarski. “He might have played one or two games before that. To come in in the conference final, especially Montreal where there’s an extreme amount of pressure, he was just unbelievable. He stole a couple games for us. He’s a really good goaltender.”

Hextall said the trade upgraded depth and that Anthony Stolarz, who is out after surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee, is still out long-term with no timetable.

“We feel like Dustin has experience in the regular season and the playoffs and felt like it was an upgrade,” Hextall said.

“Something since Stolie got hurt there we’ve been kind of looking around to see what’s out there.”

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
Look. I'd love to see Morin.

But if you walked up to me in August and said the D would be: Provorov/Ghost/Gudas/Sanheim/Hagg/MacDonald. I'd probably kiss you.

I would probably have to keep that bit of information to myself in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad