GDT: 4/21/24 - 12:30PM EDT - #1 WC Tampa Bay @ #1 Florida [ECQF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
so ref 1 tampa 0. the second game of this playoffs is decided by the refs, it's sad. they won the game for carolina and now for the panthers. they also helped boston a little, but since toronto sucks they would have lost no matter what.I hope it will be better in the next games

Please don't start this shit. The two most egregious non-calls in the third period of this game were probably the completely insanely obvious Too Many Men (Tampa) and Reinhart getting hooked like he was being pulled off stage left in a Looney Tunes joint while looking at an empty net.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Basically a no-show by TB. No snarl or playoff energy from the beginning. Panther goals were 1 flung on net from the point and a PP tap-in that had no business getting through 2 d-men.

As bad as the Lightning looked, I didn't see anything from the Panthers that says they're on another level. TB needs to wake up and show some fire, but this can still be a series.

You sure?

• Love
Reactions: Desert Panther

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Dolts fans crying about the refs when multiple plays were let go? Hilarious. Cousins hauled down, too many men, Doucherov dive…but cry about the refs. What a joke.

Great game!

Reactions: Ratsreign

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
No we didn’t, we never relied on penalties not being called. Penalties are part of the game, it shouldn’t be arbitrarily decided when to call one
No, you guys always relied on penalties BEING called, because your powerplay is freaking lethal. PP and Vasi have always been the difference in previous playoff meetings

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
No, you guys always relied on penalties BEING called, because your powerplay is freaking lethal. PP and Vasi have always been the difference in previous playoff meetings

No again. Our cup runs we didn't rely on powerplays. We were the second best 5v5 team in the league in 2020 and 7th best 5v5 team in 2021. Of course our special teams were ok too, but nothing like now. It's only recently that our special teams have carried the team, I know what I'm talking about.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Lightning inexperienced D didn't handle fore-checking very well early on, but got better as game went on. This and Vasy were bright spots for Lightning this game, which is kinda of ironic because this has been Lightning's weakness most of this season. Offensive production was not good enough for Lightning, especially stars. Defense had only had given up 2 goals late in 3rd, and that should've been enough to steal win on road. Not sure if early start cause this, but this game was less physical than I thought it'd be. Boo on 12:30 pm Hockey..... :P

On to game 2

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
so ref 1 tampa 0. the second game of this playoffs is decided by the refs, it's sad. they won the game for carolina and now for the panthers. they also helped boston a little, but since toronto sucks they would have lost no matter what.I hope it will be better in the next games
8nk30n.jpg

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
No again. Our cup runs we didn't rely on powerplays. We were the second best 5v5 team in the league in 2020 and 7th best 5v5 team in 2021. Of course our special teams were ok too, but nothing like now. It's only recently that our special teams have carried the team, I know what I'm talking about.
Be that as it is, Vasy and PP have been the difference in the past matchups with FL

Reactions: Chaos2k7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad