GDT: 4/21/24 - 12:30PM EDT - #1 WC Tampa Bay @ #1 Florida [ECQF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

teugen

cats on a rampage
Dec 30, 2015
so ref 1 tampa 0. the second game of this playoffs is decided by the refs, it's sad. they won the game for carolina and now for the panthers. they also helped boston a little, but since toronto sucks they would have lost no matter what.I hope it will be better in the next games
Cope.

Reactions: Mase and Laus723

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Basically a no-show by TB. No snarl or playoff energy from the beginning. Panther goals were 1 flung on net from the point and a PP tap-in that had no business getting through 2 d-men.

As bad as the Lightning looked, I didn't see anything from the Panthers that says they're on another level. TB needs to wake up and show some fire, but this can still be a series.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
they didn't get many pp. I think they got 2 and scored on one. 50% is not too bad

If they get any power plays.

Hard to when the other team has the puck more than you. Tampa's gotta raise their game a bit to earn more PPs, at 5 on 5 it was very clinical defending from FLA for the most part imo.

But if they can do that, the PP could give them a chance. At evens it'll be a hard series for them imo.

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
Hard to when the other team has the puck more than you. Tampa's gotta raise their game a bit to earn more PPs, at 5 on 5 it was very clinical defending from FLA for the most part imo.

But if they can do that, the PP could give them a chance. At evens it'll be a hard series for them imo.
yeah I think the bolts lost too many players and this current group matches up very poorly with the panthers. I fully expect the cats to win unless the bolts have a crazy showing from their star players. Mainly vasi. vasi will need to pitch a shutout or 2

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022
Tampa had 19 shots. And probably a quarter of those shots came in the last few minutes. The Cats were simply better today.
Of course they can slashing Kuch every shift without consequences and then the referee will punish Nick Paul for nothing there will be 19 shots, and Florida doesn't have much more anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: Ratsreign

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Of course they can slashing Kuch every shift without consequences and then the referee will punish Nick Paul for nothing there will be 19 shots, and Florida doesn't have much more anyway.
Florida kind of does have much more. They played in the Finals last season. And they are better this year.

Tampa, in turn, is already past its championship window. They had an incredible run. I really wanted them to win three in a row, but they don’t have the balance they used to have.

Reactions: dhfa

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
Florida kind of does have much more. They played in the Finals last season. And they are better this year.

Tampa, in turn, is already past its championship window. They had an incredible run. I really wanted them to win three in a row, but they don’t have the balance they used to have.
They have lost all of their depth. It happens to every team that wins for a long time. Players get older and when you're winning the players want to get paid

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
They have lost all of their depth. It happens to every team that wins for a long time. Players get older and when you're winning the players want to get paid
Exactly! Their depth was unmatched when they were dominant.

reino

Jul 20, 2019
Panthers were much better team. No if and buts. I expect Tampa to better for sure going forward, but their depth is severely weaker than it just to be.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Basically a no-show by TB. No snarl or playoff energy from the beginning. Panther goals were 1 flung on net from the point and a PP tap-in that had no business getting through 2 d-men.

As bad as the Lightning looked, I didn't see anything from the Panthers that says they're on another level. TB needs to wake up and show some fire, but this can still be a series.

Tampa or Leafs fan? Just curious

I expect a much better effort level in game 2.

I agree. Panthers need to play 60 mins

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
playoffs are all about let them play...we won 2 cups like that. The playoffs are letting them play

No we didn’t, we never relied on penalties not being called. Penalties are part of the game, it shouldn’t be arbitrarily decided when to call one

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
No we didn’t, we never relied on penalties not being called
agree to disagree. We used ground and pound teams. Just Grind them into submission.

We're not good enough to do that. When you are chasing the puck the whole game...you're not going to get as many calls.

Panthers are just better than us.

Reactions: Panteras and dhfa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad