Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I bet you hope he fails

You just lost your bet^^
Why would I? I don't like him because I think that he's an awful benchcoach. But the Wild could hire Torts and I still wouldn't cheer against him :D
If he fails I certainly hope he gets fired though. I'm not gonna lie about that.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Little shaky there in the 2nd half, but still good overall. I think most teams would be punishing us a bit for a few of those defensive lapses. Three goal lead going into the third for the first time in a long while.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Btw, that Tyson Jost guy is pretty good. Avs should be a much better team pretty soon with him and MacKinnon in the middle

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013
You just lost your bet^^
Why would I? I don't like him because I think that he's an awful benchcoach. But the Wild could hire Torts and I still wouldn't cheer against him :D
If he fails I certainly hope he gets fired though. I'm not gonna lie about that.

Who is your ideal replacement oh wise one

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013
Btw, that Tyson Jost guy is pretty good. Avs should be a much better team pretty soon with him and MacKinnon in the middle

Nah there coach doesn't know how to matchup with other teams and he is always mixing up there lines wrong... am I doing it right guys?

TommieNation

Feb 9, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
He had those teams star players in their prime and lost against much weaker teams because he failed to get the matchup's right. Boudreau's teams always start the season very strong, often even finish on top in the standings but then fail in the playoffs. And no, it's not just bad luck. If you watched those games, you know what I'm talking about. He got embarrassed and not just once. He doesn't have star forwards here and the depth makes it a little easier for him. He still has to get the lines and the matchup's right though. Again. We'll see how it works out.

He has had star players and they have had their time without him and yet they haven't won anything. Again we will see what Anaheim does but Washington has done jack **** with the best goal scorer in recent years. All i'm trying to say is sometimes it isn't the coach but the players. That applies to the Wild also

Quax28

Oct 22, 2015
When it comes to either blues or preds I would rather play preds not for any other reason than how aweful it might be to get beat and knocked out of the playoffs by yeo a year after we dumped him.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He has had star players and they have had their time without him and yet they haven't won anything. Again we will see what Anaheim does but Washington has done jack **** with the best goal scorer in recent years. All i'm trying to say is sometimes it isn't the coach but the players. That applies to the Wild also

Again. He had them in their prime. Guys like Getzlaf, Perry or Ovi are quite a bit past their prime now.
Sometimes it is about the players and the Wild obviously aren't an easy team to coach but you can't deny the fact that Boudreau lost against weaker teams because he didn't get the matchup's right. It happened not just once but multiple times with different franchises.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
When it comes to either blues or preds I would rather play preds not for any other reason than how aweful it might be to get beat and knocked out of the playoffs by yeo a year after we dumped him.
That's exactly how it would go. Minnesota sports at its finest. Blues are high right now, while we are trying to limp away from this wreck. Blues would be extra motivated just for Yeo too. It's like the perfect storm.

Quax28

Oct 22, 2015
That's exactly how it would go. Minnesota sports at its finest. Blues are high right now, while we are trying to limp away from this wreck. Blues would be extra motivated just for Yeo too. It's like the perfect storm.

Of course it would be the first round, it is absolutely something a Minnesota team would do and its going to be aweful! :shakehead

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This lack of consistency is worrying, but maybe it's because we have such a big lead?

Oh, and Koivu should be rested. We need El Capitan nice and rested for the playoffs

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Sorry if this has been covered already, but does anyone know what the deal is on what would have been our 6th goal (Haula? I think?). I was at the game, and they didn't show a replay of it. It looked like the Wild had a goal that popped back out really quick at an angle that wouldn't have happened if they'd hit the post, but it was bang-bang and the refs never blew the whistle, and play went on for like another few minutes before there was a whistle. We were up 5-2 at that point so it didn't matter really, but still. (Well I guess I could have gotten an extra 5 cents per gallon off my next tank of gas :laugh: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad