GDT: 4/2/17 - Avs @ Wild - 5PM CT / 1AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A small part of me wants to let CO win so as to screw up their tank.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
God Colorado is so bad. I almost feel bad but then I remember they're Colorado and I hate them.

TommieNation

Feb 9, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
The Wild didn't have too many injury issues this season. As most posters here, I'm not a great fan of the Blackhawks. There are always haters. But if somebody says that Quenneville has no clue what he's doing, then that's ridiculous. You see it year after year in the playoffs. He juggles his lines, if needed after every shift but every player knows exactly what to do. Same thing in Tampa where Cooper learned quickly. He's really optimized the 7-D system.

I'm curious to see how this all plays out for Boudreau and the Wild. But because of Boudreau's record and the recent performances of the team I remain sceptical.

What has Washington done since Bruce left? We will see what Anaheim does this year. At some point it isn't on the coach but on the skaters or goalies. I don't absolutely love Bruce but what options did we have? He is miles better than Yeo. Yeo was so stuck in his ways and would keep doing the samething with no change. Bruce has shown he is willing to change if things don't work

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Russo just said it's all but locked that we will play St. Louis in the first round. I honestly would rather play them over Nashville because I feel Rinne could easily steal a game or two. Allen on the other hand is very beatable and has crumbled under pressure

You may have missed it but Allen has been rock solid lately...basically ever since Yeo took over and changed their defensive system. Whether Allen will be able to maintain that level in the playoffs remains to be seen but I wouldn't expect him to be a liability. Rinne on the other side hasn't been good this season. He also improved lately...but still. I think overall he slowed down quite a bit. Nashville also still pretty thin up front. Much easier to control than St.Louis that, even with Fabbri out, has similar depth as the Wild.

TommieNation

Feb 9, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
You may have missed it but Allen has been rock solid lately...basically ever since Yeo took over and changed their defensive system. Whether Allen will be able to maintain that level in the playoffs remains to be seen but I wouldn't expect him to be a liability. Rinne on the other side hasn't been good this season. He also improved lately...but still. I think overall he slowed down quite a bit. Nashville also still pretty thin up front. Much easier to control than St.Louis that, even with Fabbri out, has similar depth as the Wild.

Good for Allen but he as well as Dubnyk have shown regular season doesn't mean ****. You can be great until it counts in the playoffs. I have seen Rinne shut teams down for many years while Allen has been up and down(mostly down). I would rather play Allen over Rinne

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
What has Washington done since Bruce left? We will see what Anaheim does this year. At some point it isn't on the coach but on the skaters or goalies. I don't absolutely love Bruce but what options did we have? He is miles better than Yeo. Yeo was so stuck in his ways and would keep doing the samething with no change. Bruce has shown he is willing to change if things don't work

He had those teams star players in their prime and lost against much weaker teams because he failed to get the matchup's right. Boudreau's teams always start the season very strong, often even finish on top in the standings but then fail in the playoffs. And no, it's not just bad luck. If you watched those games, you know what I'm talking about. He got embarrassed and not just once. He doesn't have star forwards here and the depth makes it a little easier for him. He still has to get the lines and the matchup's right though. Again. We'll see how it works out.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Pretty sure I was still hearing "power play" echo 10 seconds in...

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013
He had those teams star players in their prime and lost against much weaker teams because he failed to get the matchup's right. Boudreau's teams always start the season very strong, often even finish on top in the standings but then fail in the playoffs. And no, it's not just bad luck. If you watched those games, you know what I'm talking about. He got embarrassed and not just once. He doesn't have star forwards here and the depth makes it a little easier for him. He still has to get the lines and the matchup's right though. Again. We'll see how it works out.

I bet you hope he fails

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Good for Allen but he as well as Dubnyk have shown regular season doesn't mean ****. You can be great until it counts in the playoffs. I have seen Rinne shut teams down for many years while Allen has been up and down(mostly down). I would rather play Allen over Rinne

Maybe last season...not this one. I don't think Rinne will be a factor. I can even see him getting replaced by Saros. I get what you're saying though. -Goalies like Crawford or Quick are great examples they can suck all season long and then finally lead their teams to a cup.

And even if Rinne in fact will stand on his head I'd still prefer Nashville. St.Louis is just too dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad