Blake Comeau - Carl Soderberg - Rene Bourque
Mikhai Grigorenko - J.T. Compher - Matthew Nieto

Erik Johnson - Mark Barberio
Fedor Tyutin - Tyson Barrie
Anton Lindholm - Francois Beauchemin

Calvin Pickard
Jeremy Smith

NHL
• Wild forward Chris Stewart was a first-round pick of the Avalanche in the 2006 NHL Draft and played in 166 games with the franchise from 2008-11.

• Avalanche defenseman Erik Johnson is from Bloomington, skated at the Academy of Holy Angels and played one season at the University of Minnesota.

• Wild assistant coach Darby Hendrickson played in 20 games for the Avalanche during the 2003-04 season.

• Wild assistant coach Andrew Brunette scored 70 goals and had 205 points in 246 games over three seasons in Colorado from 2005-08.

Go Wild! :cf:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
**** the Avs but I did enjoy the game in Denver last year. Great city, bad team

I hope we win by 10 after what happened the last time I was in Denver :laugh:

I am trying to see a home game at all 30 MLB ball parks and went to the Rockies home opener last year. Bought tickets to the game, flight, hotel, etc all fine, but then I was like "this is gonna be Denver in March, I better check the weather"

So I checked for the 3 days I was gonna be there, and saw something like: 29, 33, 27.

After having been in Canada for almost six years, and pretty much on Celsius now, I was like "Sweet that's gorgeous!"

and only packed board shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops :laugh:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Brucy better stop messing with the lineup and start barking at his players and not at the media. Slowly but surely turning into Yeo 2,0. Starting to lose the team...This slump is nothing new...happens every year. Also nothing new that a Boudreau team starts to suck with playoffs around the corner...

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Brucy better stop messing with the lineup and start barking at his players and not at the media. Slowly but surely turning into Yeo 2,0. Starting to lose the team...This slump is nothing new...happens every year. Also nothing new that a Boudreau team starts to suck with playoffs around the corner...

Players need to start holding each other accountable. That starts with the Captains....and apparently isn't happening. New leadership needed?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

I am trying to see a home game at all 30 MLB ball parks and went to the Rockies home opener last year. Bought tickets to the game, flight, hotel, etc all fine, but then I was like "this is gonna be Denver in March, I better check the weather"

So I checked for the 3 days I was gonna be there, and saw something like: 29, 33, 27.

After having been in Canada for almost six years, and pretty much on Celsius now, I was like "Sweet that's gorgeous!"

:laugh: Oh man, that made my day. Was it a good game, at least?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

:shakehead
Like a broken record. Funny how you disappeared after the Sens game and come back after the Preds.

Your hatred of BB is at a beyond rational level. His line changes aren't the problem, player motivation is.

Lemaire changed his lines more than the wind changes directions, and he's one of the best coaches of all time. NHL lines rarely stay as static as you're hoping for BB to do.

TommieNation

Feb 9, 2015
Minneapolis, MN

That sucks! I ended up driving to Denver with two friends cause our flight got canceled because of a snow storm in Denver. If you ever go back I stayed at a great place next to Coors Field with a pool table in it, across from a hot dog place(They had hot dog happy hour which was awesome!). It's on VRBO and fairly cheap if you go with a few people

TommieNation

Feb 9, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Like a broken record. Funny how you disappeared after the Sens game and come back after the Preds.

Your hatred of BB is at a beyond rational level. His line changes aren't the problem, player motivation is.

Lemaire changed his lines more than the wind changes directions, and he's one of the best coaches of all time. NHL lines rarely stay as static as you're hoping for BB to do.

I agree. I don't get why people get so stuck about the lines staying the same. It doesn't matter as long as the lines have chemistry. In my time playing hockey I loved when the lines changed it was a new motivation for me

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Great Coaches change lines quite often, right. Quenneville for example. The problem is that great Coaches change lines because that's part of their plan, their tactics. Boudreau juggles the lines because he has no clue.
I'm just surprised that a Coach who said that he doesn't like to change lines too often will probaby end up changing at least three of his lines about 80 times until the end of the regular season...often without them making any sense whatsoever. Again...he's a good Coach and I respect him for what he's done for the Wild. Lots of players improved under him, not just here in Minnesota. It's just that he's very bad at matchups. It's not a great problem until the games get more important. He got embarrassed several times by different Coaches during the last few years. It's no coincidence.
The other issue, I agree with you, is players motivation. It's nothing new...same thing happened under Yeo. The Wild doesn't need a motivator, the Wild needs an old school Coach. Somebody not necessarily old but old school like for example Gallant or Boucher. Somebody who shouts at players, holds them accountable. Not somebody who always supports them even if they're being lazy and who's constantly trying to change stuff if it doesn't work. If you don't want to change the Coaching philosophy, then you gotta change the team.
I'm not against Boudreau. I just think that he's the wrong one for the Minnesota Wild. He has lots of upside but he cannot make up for his deficits. At least not as a Coach of the Minnesota Wild. It might work out elsewhere.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
Really want to see koivu have a good game. He's been borderline bad for awhile and we only go as far as he goes so would like to see him get back to it. Suter too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad