4/18 wasn't the 2nd greatest day in Canes history, now this is a draft talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
The purpose of hf is to serve mankind. You seem to regard hf as some kind of dodge... or hustle. Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor hfposter...Dr. Goalbert.

dodge.... or doge?

ly51h.jpg

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
There's no debate, besides Button, that Hanifin is the better positional defenseman. We need that because we already have Murphy, Fleury, and 49 p Faulk racking up points. The only noticeable difference between Provorov and Hanifin is physicality. So who would you rather have, Phaneuf or Staal?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
There's no debate, besides Button, that Hanifin is the better positional defenseman. We need that because we already have Murphy, Fleury, and 49 p Faulk racking up points. The only noticeable difference between Provorov and Hanifin is physicality. So who would you rather have, Phaneuf or Staal?

Fluery isn't in the same stratosphere offensively as Provorov so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Hanifan's biggest knock as far as I can tell is his lack of physicality for his size.

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
His team was swept but even when Brandon won each series prior to that 4-1 he still managed to be a negative player. Yes, that should raise some red flags.

Fluery isn't in the same stratosphere offensively as Provorov so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Hanifan's biggest knock as far as I can tell is his lack of physicality for his size.

Sorry if I was unclear, but I was trying to point out that Provorov has Hanifin beat in that department. But if he takes himself out of position by doing that in juniors and can't make that transition to the NHL due to his size, is he just another Murphy capable of putting up points and playing bad defense?

Last edited:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Hanifan was a -2 on a very good USNTDP team last year where Eichel was a +20. Shouldn't that raise red flags?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
His team was swept but even when Brandon won each series prior to that 4-1 he still managed to be a negative player. Yes, that should raise some red flags.

Be honest, did you watch him play at all during the playoffs or are you forming your opinion solely on +/- stats? For the record, I prefer hanifin, I just think your reasoning is flawed if +/- is what it is based on.

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I watched Hanifin against Denver in the playoffs and even though they lost and he was -3, I came out quite impressed, something I can't say about Provorov after his lackluster performance in the playoffs.

Admittedly, I've never watched Provorov, and was ecstatic about him as a prospect by reading scouting reports but by reading boxscores every night leading up to the playoffs and during the playoffs, it brought down my opinion of him.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I watched Hanifin against Denver in the playoffs and even though they lost and he was -3, I came out quite impressed, something I can't say about Provorov after his lackluster performance in the playoffs.

So you didn't watch provorov is what you are saying?

Edit: I see your edit now, don't you think looking at boxscore +/- is a very incomplete way to assess a guy? Especially when you say that even though the boxscore wasn't good for hanifin, you were impressed with what u saw?

Last edited:

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com

Admittedly, I've never watched Provorov, and was ecstatic about him as a prospect by reading scouting reports but by reading boxscores every night leading up to the playoffs and during the playoffs, it brought down my opinion of him.
you have to be trolling

plz tell me you are trolling

first you say that hanifin's +/- wasn't indicative of his play because you watched the game, then judge provorov based entirely on +/- while not watching him play?

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
i watched like 30 seconds of marner's highlight reel before i lost interest

i also watched one goal highlight each of provorov and hanifin

never even watched highlights of crouse or strome

again i'm right in my analysis

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I'm Ok with literally any of the 3-8 top candidates.

I'm assuming you mean Hanifin, Strome, Marner, Crouse, Rantanen, and Provorov because they receive the most mention here but there's no reason to exclude Werenski and Barzal because they round out the clear cut top 10 in this draft.

But we shouldn't be too concerned about them, considering we hold a top 5 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad