4/18 wasn't the 2nd greatest day in Canes history, now this is a draft talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Today is the big day for us this off season, the McDavid fuhreaking lottery! We have a 8.5% chance today of having the best day in Franchise history since June 19th, 2006 in my opinion.

What can we do for the hockey gods to help us tonight? Any Suggestions?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
My suggestion was to ignore it and hope the hockey gods take our aloofness as a sign that we don't desperately need him. And, being that they like to screw with this team, they would then have us win the lottery.

We reverse-psychology them.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
qwzBi68.jpg

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Would it be offensive if I photoshopped McJesus on to a cross so that we can pray for him to come to our team?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I have no idea what's considered offensive in that regard. Remember for the longest time that Montreal fans had "Jesus Price" as their avatar? But if you make a joke comparing the persecution of a fanbase to that of Jesus, you get modded to hell. :help:

bluedevil58*

wow that kid is ugly as all get out. I hope we don't draft that guy.

bluedevil58*

Can someone explain this to me? If we don't win the 1st overall pick do we have a chance of picking 2nd? Or are we hard set on 5th if we do not win the lottery pick?

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Can someone explain this to me? If we don't win the 1st overall pick do we have a chance of picking 2nd? Or are we hard set on 5th if we do not win the lottery pick?

8.5% chance of picking 1st if we win the lottery

54.5% chance of a team ahead of us in the draft order winning the lottery, we stay at 5th

37% chance of a team behind us in the draft order winning the lottery, so we get bumped back to 6th

SO I'm telling you there's a chance (but not for what you're asking) so there's no need to post the Lloyd Christmas pic.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
I've run that NHL Draft Lottery Simulator 3 times this week (on different days). Each time the Hurricanes were the first team who won.

5 is also my lucky number.

Hopefully some positive mojo for tonight.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Just stopping in to wish you guys luck. Carolina has a lot of great fans and a player like McDavid could do great things for the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad