Proposal: 3rd O.A. for ROR who adds and what is add

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
No, you don’t understand his value. Name 30 better centers.

Just because he’s a 2nd line center behind Jack Eichel doesn’t mean he’s not a 1st line center on most teams.

Particularly the Habs.

If solving the 1C puzzle is so cheap and easy, why do you still have it?

It’s because it’s not easy to find. Hence why he has the value he does.

Yes, ROR is a first line center on the Montreal Canadiens. As a matter of fact, most 2nd line centers around the league are 1st line centers on the Montreal Canadiens.

What is the point of giving up our 3OA + Pacioretty for ROR and Girgensons? what will this do for the Habs in short term? please enlighten me.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
The potential of a top-5 pick is too high to trade for a player like O'Reilly. Sure he's great but the dude is 27 and when it comes to 1st-line centers he's at the bottom of the tier. If you look at Hischier or Nolan Patrick, these kids that you draft high they come in and they can post high numbers right away on very cheap contracts. I understand ROR is elite defensively as well and is a leader, but you're drafting a kid 10 years younger who can play right away and has elite potential.

The kid is gonna play for TEN SEASONS before he's even O'Reilly current age. That's way too valuable.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
When you consider Toews gets $10.5M, ROR at $7.5M ain't that bad. :laugh:

Granted, Toews has actually led teams to championships, but he's not that much better offensively, and both are elite defensively.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Yes, ROR is a first line center on the Montreal Canadiens. As a matter of fact, most 2nd line centers around the league are 1st line centers on the Montreal Canadiens.

What is the point of giving up our 3OA + Pacioretty for ROR and Girgensons? what will this do for the Habs in short term? please enlighten me.

Gives them a 1C and a reclamation that fits their style

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
It's not even worth arguing with people that call O'Reilly an overpaid #2 C. It's like talking to flat earthers. You show them the overwhelming amount of evidence that shows their wrong and it just doesn't sink in. I've now come to the conclusion it's best just to let them ramble on and laugh at them.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Gives them a 1C and a reclamation that fits their style
The difference in value between Pacioretty and Girgensons is in no way comparable to the difference in value between 3rd OA and ROR. MTL would get screwed again.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
The difference in value between Pacioretty and Girgensons is in no way comparable to the difference in value between 3rd OA and ROR. MTL would get screwed again.

Bergevin

Face it. Pacioretty is just a dwindling asset youll hope to get a late 1st for come deadline.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Bergevin

Face it. Pacioretty is just a dwindling asset youll hope to get a late 1st for come deadline.
And what do you hope to get out of Girgensons? A 3rd at best?

Saying Bergevin is the GM isn't a valid argument to making a sh** offer lol

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
And what do you hope to get out of Girgensons? A 3rd at best?

Saying Bergevin is the GM isn't a valid argument to making a sh** offer lol
You only think it’s shit because you’re in denial about a rebuild.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
You only think it’s **** because you’re in denial about a rebuild.
Ok so now you're saying your offer including our 3rd OA pick is good for us since we should rebuild?

You're making no sense and I now understand why you made such a terrible offer.

For the record, I would welcome a rebuild, Bergevin just wouldn't.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Yeah the top-5 ended up sucking in 2012, but I don't think the top-5 is indicative of the rest of the draft. The 2012 draft turned out really deep overall, it's just the picks at the top of the draft ended up busting or turning out extremely underwhelming.
Rielly has turned into a heck of a player IMHO.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
As a neutral fan I’d say there is zero chance of that happening - not unless you somehow misspelled “Mete” as “Pacioretty”.

I figured Buffalo would want a consistent 30 goal player in his prime. Especially someone that could actually bury feeds from Eichel. If they were going to trade ROR that is.

Why would someone want Mete more than Patches...

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Only way Montreal trades 30A is straight up for a Primo GM. Like a David Poile. Botterill doesn't cut it.

Jan 21, 2018
ROR gets traded for Zadrov, now he's worth 30A.

He must have won like 3 selke trophies since then right? Wait has he even been NOMINATED for the selke?

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
If I'm the Hab's I say Middlestat is the price,

And seeing as how that ISN"T going to happen, I say Sam Bennet and Rasmus Ristoltain, for 3rd overall and Brendan Gallager.

Domi makes up for Gallager,

Montreal needs a D man and a center (and both must be much younger than O'riley)

Buffalo, gets an emotional leader and goalscorer in Gallager, and a winger to play with their two top centers, Both Bennet and Ristolitan are replaced by Middlestat and Dahlien,

I don't know why they would want 3rd overall so badly though,

If this is a Habs fan looking to deal 3rd for O'riley.....what the hell are you thinking?

I love trade by away player who do t even own! Trading Sam Bennett wouldn’t bother me one bit. Might tick off the Flames a little though.

I just don’t see how ROR get the Sabres the 3rd overall pick. There’s no value in that move.

And by the way, I hate 3rd overall written as 3OA!

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Buf easily adds. I can't see trading what most pros consider a top 1st line center for a 27 yr old 2nd line C.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I LOVE OReilly. I think he is worth tons, and i absolutely think he is a #1C.

BUT....

He is NOT worth a 3OA pick. Buf needs to add, and its a substantial add too. Montreal can pick up Kotkaniemi with that pick and have a very good shot at having a future #1C. Who will be cost controled for years.

Personally i'd center a deal around Mete or Juulsen or Lekhonen, at Buffalos preference. Im sure they would fill needs fpr the Sabres.

The only way the 3OA is going to Buffalo,is if somehow,they swap their 1OA, which i dont see happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad