Proposal: 3rd O.A. for ROR who adds and what is add

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Montreal adds

But to recognize the cap swing- Buffalo can add Girgensons in and Pacioretty can come back the other way. That evens the value.

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
If I'm the Hab's I say Middlestat is the price,

And seeing as how that ISN"T going to happen, I say Sam Bennet and Rasmus Ristoltain, for 3rd overall and Brendan Gallager.

Domi makes up for Gallager,

Montreal needs a D man and a center (and both must be much younger than O'riley)

Buffalo, gets an emotional leader and goalscorer in Gallager, and a winger to play with their two top centers, Both Bennet and Ristolitan are replaced by Middlestat and Dahlien,

I don't know why they would want 3rd overall so badly though,

If this is a Habs fan looking to deal 3rd for O'riley.....what the hell are you thinking?
Wait.... we acquired Sam Bennett? I don’t see a thread for this, I MUST MAKE ONE! :scared:

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
We do not need a second line center for a 3OA, and you want us to add Pacioretty, lol, you must be kidding me. I'd rather we tank and draft one.

1st line center for Team Canada

2nd line center for the Habs

lol

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal

lol

Oh come on, he's a second line center on a cup contending team. Why would we give up our 3OA pick for ROR? Will this put us over the top and compete for the cup next season? please.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Relative to other draft years yes. Although this is in hindsight
Even at the time of the draft it was weak in comparison to most other drafts. If anything it looks better now then it did at draft time.

Forsberg was expected to be good and went later then projected, but not many knew that Trouba, Teravainen, Vasilevski, Hertl, and Maatta would end up quite as good as they did.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Oh come on, he's a second line center on a cup contending team. Why would we give up our 3OA pick for ROR? Will this put us over the top and compete for the cup next season? please.

Name 30 better active centers

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Guess you’ll continue to have a center black hole.

The year you figure that out is when you’ll understand RORs value.
ROR is overrated and a second line center who is paid like a 1st line center. There is absolutely no reason for the Habs to trade a 3rd overall pick for him let alone add anything to it, especially when you consider he is 27.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
How about no, the Habs can't be giving up a third overall pick for a second line center that is overpaid.

When his deal was signed I'd agree he's overpaid, but under an $80M cap, he's pretty fairly paid at $7.5M per. He's a mediocre 1C/elite 2C.

Buffalo does add, though.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Don't be silly. If ROR hits the open market today MTL is the first to offer him 7M+
Not being silly he is overpaid as he is a second line center not a first line center. You are also comparing two very different scenario. In one the Habs add him without losing anything. In this scenario they are giving up a the 3rd overall pick in the draft for his bloated salary.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I think you are missing the point.
No, you don’t understand his value. Name 30 better centers.

Just because he’s a 2nd line center behind Jack Eichel doesn’t mean he’s not a 1st line center on most teams.

Particularly the Habs.

If solving the 1C puzzle is so cheap and easy, why do you still have it?

It’s because it’s not easy to find. Hence why he has the value he does.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

lol
First line center for team Canada? In what world? Are you talking about the worlds where 90% of NHL players are not available due to the playoffs are just not wanting to go? Please try harder. Never made the Olympic roster and while he played at the world cup he was far from the 1st line and didn't even put up a point in 6 games.

Reactions: WingsMJN2965

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Montreal need to accept the rebuild and grab Jesperi at 3rd OA. If the team doesn't think he's worthy of being a #1C then you explore trading down as this team has so many damn holes. I see no value in Montreal picking Zadina. Skilled wingers don't win games and aren't very good building blocks either. Hughes could also be an option here for them.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
No, you don’t understand his value. Name 30 better centers.

Just because he’s a 2nd line center behind Jack Eichel doesn’t mean he’s not a 1st line center on most teams.

Particularly the Habs.

If solving the 1C puzzle is so cheap and easy, why do you still have it?

It’s because it’s not easy to find. Hence why he has the value he does.
You don't seem to understand the being a 1st line center by default still does not make him as good as real 1st line center. Not all teams have a true first line center but they do have someone playing that role.

You don't give up a 3rd overall pick for someone that is 27, overpaid and is best in a role leading a second line.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

lol

333.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad