OT: 3rd Annual Free HFNYR Yahoo Fantasy League

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I started filling out the survey, but I'm unclear on several questions.

Head to head for instance. I'm not sure what rotisserie means, nor the difference in the head to head choices. Regardless I vote to move to categories instead of points.

Waiver wire, I dunno what FAB means.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm confused because I had opted out of the league, but I received an email today that the league was reactivated and I'm in it?

I also haven't seen any survey or anything, though from what @Boris Zubov is saying above that sounds confusing as shit.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I started filling out the survey, but I'm unclear on several questions.

Head to head for instance. I'm not sure what rotisserie means, nor the difference in the head to head choices. Regardless I vote to move to categories instead of points.

Waiver wire, I dunno what FAB means.
Head to Head = Weekly matchups, someone wins each category

Head to Head Points = Weekly matchups with points attributed to each category (this is how we’ve always done it and is by far the most popular way. This is winning in a landslide anyway)

Head to Head One Win = Weekly matchups where whoever wins the most categories wins that weeks matchup and gets one W, L, or T. So each week is treated like one game that you can either win lose or tie, then whoever has the best record at the end of season wins.

Rotisserie is season long accumulated stats against your league, rather than weekly matchups against other teams

FAB stands for Free Agent Budget, teams can bid on free agents and however much the winning bid is then deducted from your free agent cap space basically.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I'm confused because I had opted out of the league, but I received an email today that the league was reactivated and I'm in it?

I also haven't seen any survey or anything, though from what @Boris Zubov is saying above that sounds confusing as shit.
Yea I received that email too for some reason, but we created a new league so disregard that. I will close that old one.

I just sent you the survey, and many people want you to play so I hope you do! We will not be having multiple drafts or making things confusing if that’s what you were worried about, please make your voice heard with the survey as to what settings you prefer if you do choose to participate :)

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Head to Head = Weekly matchups, someone wins each category

Head to Head Points = Weekly matchups with points attributed to each category (this is how we’ve always done it and is by far the most popular way. This is winning in a landslide anyway)

Head to Head One Win = Weekly matchups where whoever wins the most categories wins that weeks matchup and gets one W, L, or T. So each week is treated like one game that you can either win lose or tie, then whoever has the best record at the end of season wins.

Rotisserie is season long accumulated stats against your league, rather than weekly matchups against other teams

FAB stands for Free Agent Budget, teams can bid on free agents and however much the winning bid is then deducted from your free agent cap space basically.
Cap space? Wtf?

• Haha

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
@UAGoalieGuy @Taluss @Kupo @Boris Zubov @nyr2k2 @DialUp @KirkAlbuquerque @Ail @bobbop @OriginalLimbo @Cmox @haveandare @SnowblindNYR @Harbour Dog @Kocur26 @bernmeister

- Keeper League
- Live Draft on Yahoo
- Head to Head Points (like previous years)
- No Waiver Period, Can Add Free Agents Immediately (like previous years)
- Yahoo Default Can't Cut List for Premiere Players (like previous years)
- +/- will be removed as a stat
- Hits will be kept as a stat & will be worth 0.5 points
- Shots will be worth the yahoo default of 0.9 points
- Blocks will be kept as a stat & will be worth yahoo default of 1 point
- PIM will be kept as a stat & will be worth 0.5 points
- Shorthanded points will be added as a stat & will be worth 2 points
- Faceoffs will not be added as a stat
- Game winning goals will be added as a stat & will be worth 1 point
- A Goalie Win is worth 4 points
- There is currently a tie for how many points are deducted for a goal against, if the tie persists since the default setting of -3 is tied for first, we will stick with the default setting
- 0 points for Losses
- Yahoo default of 0.6 points per save
- Yahoo default of 5 points per shutout
- 2 IR & 1 IR+ slots

When is the most convenient date & time for everyone? Would Sunday Evening be good? Monday Evening?

TRW8GaK.png

THtoHsN.png

rsBF7LT.png

AVw4kyn.png

rWICRyY.png

6DDFM1A.png

0uyGBo5.png

Reactions: Kupo and haveandare

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Roster size should determine the amount of IR slots....but you guys are crazy voting down 3 IR+ slots. :dunno:

I vote 9pm eastern on Monday
I’d worry 3 IR+ slots would give too much flexibility in hoarding players and make free agency less fun of meaningful

But I agree Monday evening, would be great for me and seems 4 of us are free for that date/time so far?

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I’d worry 3 IR+ slots would give too much flexibility in hoarding players and make free agency less fun of meaningful

But I agree Monday evening, would be great for me and seems 4 of us are free for that date/time so far?
That logic makes no sense. If you have players on IR or IR plus, once they are back playing they are no longer eligible to sit on IR, so you cannot make another move or add another player until they are moved to the active roster.

Also, I just realized this Monday night may not work for me....Sunday night would work.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Gents, lets confirm on a date so we can get this going.

I'm busy this Sunday so Monday would work better.

Also if we can't decide on a date keep in mind we can do an offline draft. Much more convenient for those who have a busy schedule

Is it 12 or 16 teams?

Also, what are proposed keeper rules?

12 I believe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad