OT: 3rd Annual Free HFNYR Yahoo Fantasy League

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
OK so if we do a keepers league how are we doing the prospects? Are we going to do a prospect draft as well? At least a couple rounds of one?

Also how many players will we keep moving into the next season

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If we're doing a keeper with multiple drafts and all that, it probably is going to be too much for me. I mean it sounds really fun, but every layer of depth that's added makes it harder for me to commit.

(This is not to say you all shouldn't do this; I'm just letting you know I will probably drop if so, which is totally fine.)

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
I'd like back in, first year was fun but somehow missed the invite to play last year. If there's a spot open, please let me know.

I'm good with the keeper if my vote counts.

Thanks,

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
OK so if we do a keepers league how are we doing the prospects? Are we going to do a prospect draft as well? At least a couple rounds of one?

Also how many players will we keep moving into the next season

If we're doing a keeper with multiple drafts and all that, it probably is going to be too much for me. I mean it sounds really fun, but every layer of depth that's added makes it harder for me to commit.

(This is not to say you all shouldn't do this; I'm just letting you know I will probably drop if so, which is totally fine.)
No prospect draft...this is a casual fantasy league, not a full time scouting service. Let's say we draft 15 players this year, we agree each GM can keep 5 skaters & 1 goalie for next years roster. Or something to that effect. Obviously this all depends on how large the rosters are & how many teams are in the league.

Reactions: Taluss and Kupo

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I dropped out. Once everyone decides what they want to do, if there's still a spot I will consider it (assuming the offer is still on the table, which I would understand if it wasn't). This just feels like it's going to be serious than I can handle right now.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I dropped out. Once everyone decides what they want to do, if there's still a spot I will consider it (assuming the offer is still on the table, which I would understand if it wasn't). This just feels like it's going to be serious than I can handle right now.

I was just throwing ideas out there to see what everyone wants. I'm personally fine with having a very chill season.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
@EdJovanovski we going to reuse the Yahoo league? Has it been reopened?

No go draft dates Sept 11, 21 through 24 through 28 through 30.

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019
First vote we should have is how many teams do we want. 20 was way too many, IMO. I suggest 12, but no more than 14.

Should we give @OriginalLimbo a slot, given that he was the President's Trophy winner from the year before & he's already talking trash?
Tongue was firmly in cheek.

I’d be shocked if I replicated that feat. Seems my first year for this stuff is always my best. I start to think I’m smarter than I am, lol….

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I would ask you please to rethink your decision. Serious is the last thing this should be. No disrespect intended toward @Taluss , but besides him I don't think any of us have multiple drafts in mind. I've never heard of a fantasy prospect draft & I would be out too in that case.

Keeper league runs exactly the same with the added element of not playing like YOLO. You have to keep an eye toward next season in as much as you can't make ridiculous trades or drop & pick up players like they're going out of style even if you're totally out of the playoff picture.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
So when are we thinking the draft is? I've got family here the weekend of the 23rd so preferably not then but If needed I'll figure it out

Also have we decided on a keeper or not?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad