Post-Game Talk: 3pm Blues @ Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Backstrom looked good as a trigger man today. At least three or four great looks for him, including that breakaway winner

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Lucky to win this game. Blues were on b2b, outplayed us thoughtfully. Even tied the game on the 3rd where they were supposed to be dead tied. Our forecheck is non-existence, allergic to shoot or sustain any pressure on O zone. That won't cut in the playoffs. we won't be able to win in the playoffs relaying only on a skill.

Reactions: Coldplay619

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Lucky to win this game. Blues were on b2b, outplayed us thoughtfully. Even tied the game on the 3rd where they were supposed to be dead tied. Our forecheck is non-existence, allergic to shoot or sustain any pressure on O zone. That won't cut in the playoffs. we won't be able to win in the playoffs relaying only on a skill.

did they win? thats all that matters. enough with this we got lucky stuff and making reasons why. i dont care if they only get 1 shot on goal and give up 50 shots and win 1-0

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Why was it an unexpected 2 points? The Blues played yesterday and we had 4 days off.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
did they win? thats all that matters. enough with this we got lucky stuff and making reasons why. i dont care if they only get 1 shot on goal and give up 50 shots and win 1-0
I don't like the trend. I want them to forecheck like crazy and shoot the puck. We all know that the Caps won't be lucky in the playoffs and will put >>> 50 shots on goal in order to score.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Third line was excellent. PP was good. A few individuals stood out (Eller with the deserved player of the game by CSN, Carlson, Bowey, Wilson, Ovechkin were all pretty good)

Still concerned about the second line and I don’t really care for DSP on the top line. He’s fine enough as a depth player but the puck dies near him way too often and doesn’t do enough offensive to warrant first line minutes.

All in all a good win.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I don't like the trend. I want them to forecheck like crazy and shoot the puck. We all know that the Caps won't be lucky in the playoffs and will put >>> 50 shots on goal in order to score.

but the super forcheck etc hasant worked for them in the playoffs. seems like the way they playing now is getting the same results. instead of run and gun back and forth, they are playing a more defensive game. they will get outshot but they keep winning

and there is zero luck with the caps. if there was we would have won the cup by now

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Think Nicky should grow a beard this year. He never has. Maybe that's the last missing piece

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
A well undeserved win. Points are good, I guess. Should have been 5-1 after 2nd period.

Great game by Eller. DSP is catching my eye for all the right reasons this year. Backstrom shot the puck and scored. Coincidence?

Orlov for the Least Sucky D-man and competition for the award was fierce. What the **** is going on with Niskanen? Kuznetsov is playing well enough to be healthy scratched but that will never happen. We can't scratch Beagle even though he contributes nothing but it's OK to scratch Stephenson who was playing very well. Accountability and Barry Trotz do not mix well.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Who gives a shit about the number of shots then if even putting 50 shots on goal during the playoffs won't get them on the scoreboard?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Winning masks their faults! We’re doomed!!!!

dont get me wrong, they do have faults. but im just tired of worrying about the playoffs. this season they dont have the same players, they arent gonna outshoot and outscore you like last year. this is the team we got and this is how they winning

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
A well undeserved win. Points are good, I guess. Should have been 5-1 after 2nd period.

Great game by Eller. DSP is catching my eye for all the right reasons this year. Backstrom shot the puck and scored. Coincidence?

Orlov for the Least Sucky D-man and competition for the award was fierce. What the **** is going on with Niskanen? Kuznetsov is playing well enough to be healthy scratched but that will never happen. We can't scratch Beagle even though he contributes nothing but it's OK to scratch Stephenson who was playing very well. Accountability and Barry Trotz do not mix well.

scractched vrana, scratched burakovsky, scratched bowey. what were those then?

and burakovsky should have scored on that great pass by beagle in the first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad