Value of: 3OA + Galchenyuk

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
O'Reilly is 27 years old. The Habs are nowhere near contention. Rather just keep the pick

That would make sense if you didn't sign Price and Weber retirement contracts for 18 million a year between the two of them. So the idea is to sign two aging players to big contracts and then draft players for the future?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
So the 3rd overall and Galchenyuk for ROR, the 10th overall, plus another pick is terrible for Montreal? A team that needs a center. Ok

I think it's good for Habs. Many Oilers fans think that's too high a price to pay to move up, but they could use the money they'd save on a rookie player vs RNH if they're just going to play the latter as wing, and IMO it's worth giving up 10 OA to do so.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
I was thinking of a 3 way trade between Edmonton, Buffalo, and Montreal.

Buffalo gets
RNH
Galchenyuk

Montreal gets
ROR
10th OV pick
Edmonton's 2018 4th round pick

Edmonton gets
3rd OV pick
Buffalo's 2019 3rd round pick
Oilers give up RNH + 10th oa for 3rd oa? What in the f***. That’s brutal.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
That would make sense if you didn't sign Price and Weber retirement contracts for 18 million a year between the two of them. So the idea is to sign two aging players to big contracts and then draft players for the future?

Yeah hopefully, they try to unload both of those contracts, with retention if need be.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
But your still getting the 10th pick to add to the #1 center your getting.

check post history. he thinks ever deal is terrible for the habs

the habs would 100% take ROR and pick 10 for galchenyuk and pick 3 if that three team deal was in the works.
ROR,Veleno,Poehling,Danault vs Danault,plekanec,froese,other plug

Reactions: sabrescupbound

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012

the habs would 100% take ROR and pick 10 for galchenyuk and pick 3 if that three team deal was in the works.

I'm just trying to figure out what teams needs are. Montreal needs a 1c. Buffalo downgrades at C but gets a winger they need. Oilers draft Zadina to play with Mcdavid.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Galchenyuk + 3OA for ROR
Galchenyuk + 3OA for Nuge +10 OA
Galchenyuk + 3OA for Carter +20 OA

If Marc Bergevin even considered trading the 3rd overall + 24 year old Alex Galchenyuk for 20th overall + 33 year old Jeff Carter I'd want him launched directly into the sun before he got the chance to submit the paperwork. Brutal trade for the Habs. I wouldn't even do the 3rd overall for both Carter and 20th overall.

No to the other 2 proposals as well. The Oilers one I would maybe think about before saying no but the ROR one I'd reject right off the bat.

Reactions: jayhabs

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
If i was a Habs fan there is no way I'd move down 7 spots for Nuge + Gally . I think Gally + 3OA is worth more

IN A 1-1 Swap I think Nuge for 3OA is fair

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If i was a Habs fan there is no way I'd move down 7 spots for Nuge + Gally . I think Gally + 3OA is worth more

IN A 1-1 Swap I think Nuge for 3OA is fair

I think the majority of Hab fans on HF would pass on that trade, myself included. RNH would be by far the Habs best center but I'm really not a fan of his so I would pass on that trade. I expect Oiler fans to pass as well since RNH played well on McDavid's wing and they likely want to see how that develops further.

Reactions: jayhabs

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
I don't know, in another thread there were quite a few Oiler fans that wanted to give the 10th OV pick and RNH for the 3rd OV pick.
I think that’s a small minority, I just don’t think these two teams make sense as trade partners.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I think that’s a small minority, I just don’t think these two teams make sense as trade partners.

I changed it a little. Buffalo gives Edmonton the 31st pick and Edmonton gives Buffalo there 3rd round pick. So Edmonton receives the 3rd OV, and the 31st OV for the 10th OV, RNH, and their 3rd round pick. Any better?

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral

Considering I rarely post on trade rumors, that's a swing and a miss. Onto ignore you go.

I'm in favor of keeping youthful assests. A rebuild does not require trading for a 27 year old C. IMO the habs need a rebuild

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
I changed it a little. Buffalo gives Edmonton the 31st pick and Edmonton gives Buffalo there 3rd round pick. So Edmonton receives the 3rd OV, and the 31st OV for the 10th OV, RNH, and their 3rd round pick. Any better?
Honestly, value wise it’s better but I would personally love to see Nuge stay and move out the 10th plus one of our defenceman for a rhs pmd. That is our biggest need and probably a top 6 rw after that.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Considering I rarely post on trade rumors, that's a swing and a miss. Onto ignore you go.

I'm in favor of keeping youthful assests. A rebuild does not require trading for a 27 year old C. IMO the habs need a rebuild

I might agree with you if Montreal was in a different situation. They made their bed. They can't turn back now.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If Marc Bergevin even considered trading the 3rd overall + 24 year old Alex Galchenyuk for 20th overall + 33 year old Jeff Carter I'd want him launched directly into the sun before he got the chance to submit the paperwork. Brutal trade for the Habs. I wouldn't even do the 3rd overall for both Carter and 20th overall.

No to the other 2 proposals as well. The Oilers one I would maybe think about before saying no but the ROR one I'd reject right off the bat.

carter is the same age as weber. interesting to hear habs fans talk like he is ancient but weber has a lot let in the tank...especially considering carter had 32g/66pts 2 years ago and had a 40g/67pt pace this past season

for the record i think the habs need to keep the pick and rebuild, but thats not what this thread is about obviously

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad