Value of: 3OA + Galchenyuk

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
carter is the same age as weber. interesting to hear habs fans talk like he is ancient but weber has a lot let in the tank...especially considering carter had 32g/66pts 2 years ago and had a 40g/67pt pace this past season

for the record i think the habs need to keep the pick and rebuild, but thats not what this thread is about obviously
Assuming we aren't rebuilding Chucky for Carter would be a fair trade given their ages, maybe Habs add something but it's not 3OA unless there's something much better than 20OA coming back
I wouldn't expect a Top 3 pick in a deal for Weber

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Assuming we aren't rebuilding Chucky for Carter would be a fair trade given their ages, maybe Habs add something but it's not 3OA unless there's something much better than 20OA coming back
I wouldn't expect a Top 3 pick in a deal for Weber

I think the habs add significantly. Carter is still very, very good. nearly a lock for 60-65pts if healthy.
and he can actually play C, unlike Galchenyuk and Drouin

maybe the 3oa is overkill, but kings would surely want more than just galchenyuk.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I think the habs add significantly. Carter is still very, very good. nearly a lock for 60-65pts if healthy.

maybe the 3oa is overkill, but kings would surely want more than just galchenyuk.
One is coming into their prime and the other is on the back stretch so likely they will cross over in a couple of years

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
carter is the same age as weber. interesting to hear habs fans talk like he is ancient but weber has a lot let in the tank...especially considering carter had 32g/66pts 2 years ago and had a 40g/67pt pace this past season

for the record i think the habs need to keep the pick and rebuild, but thats not what this thread is about obviously

Defensemen stay good longer than forwards.
Also, the habs are not in a position where they should trade young talented players for older, but better players. So trading a top 3 pick for a guy as old as Carter would make absolutely no sense.
On the other hand, the team wanting Weber is a team that is in a win-now mode. So asking for young talented prospects in return for Weber makes sense for both sides. The habs rebuild and acquire prospects, and the team acquiring Weber dont lose any of their core players.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

D-men age better.

Besides that, I don’t think any logical Habs fan is asking for a top 3 pick, a young top 6 forward fir Weber and a late 1st.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

maybe it's overkill? lolz. sure, leafs fan. 'overkill' your own players

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
maybe it's overkill? lolz. sure, leafs fan. 'overkill' your own players

oh wait..only habs fans can come in this thread?
maybe just stick to the habs team board if you dont wanna hear opinions of other fans?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
who cares? the last thing habs should be doing is trading 2 young, quality forwards
lol @ galchenyuk being considered "quality"

6 years in the league and he has managed more than 20 goals once.
hit 50pts for the second time this year but was -31. awful away from the puck

canadiens would absolutely move him in a package for ROR. get real

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

Chucky is absolutely a quality young forward, 50 pts on one of the worst teams in the league while getting 3rd line minutes most of the year is very good. He's -34 for his career, the whole team sucked this past year and you're judging him on plus minus? If the coach ever pulled his head out of the GMs ass and gave him a shot at C you'd even see better numbers

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe I just have never seen the right game but I have seen Galchenyuk play probably 35-40 times, I have yet to be impressed. He just seems mediocre as a top 6 player.

I'm not saying he is bad, He's just no big deal as far as top 6 players go. Maybe one day he gets better but he is at the age when the more players than not have had or are having their career year.

I don't think this package is a package that teams are going to be fighting to acquire.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

What in the world does one need to do to be considered as a "quality" forward if 50 points is not enough?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad