Value of: 3OA + Galchenyuk

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Galchenyuk + 3OA for ROR
Galchenyuk + 3OA for Nuge +10 OA
Galchenyuk + 3OA for Carter +20 OA

Come on... I offered O’Reilly, Nylander & McCabe... I would think Montreal fans might look at it for a minute. I’d think both teams would say no.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
No way. Buffalo's not doing that. Wouldn't even do O'Reilly alone, let alone add pieces.

I think Buffalo would highly consider that.
Galchenyuk+Zadina/Scechnikov + 2.6mil cap space is a helluva return

Eichel,Zadina,Middelstadt,Galchenyuk.Reinhart,Okposo,Nylander,Rodriguez..thats a lot of talent up front

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'd say no to every single one.

Much easier to just keep the pick honestly.

the pick isnt a top 6 C though.

realistically ROR is EXACTLY what the habs need. when your top c had 25pt something is very, very wrong.
and no, drouin/galchenyuk aren't #1 C and they shouldnt be deployed as such

im curious what it would take for you to want to move the pick?

if a team offered a legit top 6 C + a top 10 pick this year (habs can take Veleno) would you do it?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Galchenyuk + 3OA for ROR
Galchenyuk + 3OA for Nuge +10 OA
Galchenyuk + 3OA for Carter +20 OA

ROR trade only one I'd even think about. Carter one is especially brutal. No interest in giving up Zadina+Galchenyuk for a 33-37 year old. Carter+20 OA aren't close to 3 OA alone.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
if a team offered a legit top 6 C + a top 10 pick this year (habs can take Veleno) would you do it?

Habs probably don't need a "top 6" or 2nd line center. A year from now, Poehling and Danault can fill in nicely as 2/3 C. Veleno doesn't have the offensive upside to be a 1C.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
ROR trade only one I'd even think about. Carter one is especially brutal. No interest in giving up Zadina+Galchenyuk for a 33-37 year old. Carter+20 OA aren't close to 3 OA alone.

you think pick 3 > >> 30g/60+pt C and pick 20?

lol

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Habs probably don't need a "top 6" or 2nd line center. A year from now, Poehling and Danault can fill in nicely as 2/3 C. Veleno doesn't have the offensive upside to be a 1C.

you expect a 20 year old ryan poehling to step in as the 2C right away?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
you think pick 3 > >> 30g/60+pt C and pick 20?

lol

Pick 3 has far far higher value than pick 20. Pick 20 should be far closer in value to pick 80 than to pick 3. Players in their 30s can and probably will fall off sooner than later. Carter is unlikely to be 60 point guy for the entirety of his contract.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
you expect a 20 year old ryan poehling to step in as the 2C right away?

I don't know. It doesn't matter though. The Habs won't be in a rush to win anything anytime soon. Maybe they'll make the playoffs if their star players get healthy and/or perform better. The point is, they're going to have options for 2nd and 3rd line centers in the near future. No point in paying big and sacrificing their biggest young asset (3 OA) for immediate help at center in the form of a guy in his mid 30s or a guy who is clearly not a 1st line center (RNH).

AcadiaAxeMan

Mar 10, 2002
Grande Prairie, AB
Visit site
Galchenyuk + Lindgren+ 2nd or Pacs + Lindgren for ROR ... He is the only available (?) #1C?? I would be willing to add/subtract ... Statsny or Bozak as a UFA for 3 years max with Danault + DLR (and Poehling coming)

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I don't know. It doesn't matter though. The Habs won't be in a rush to win anything anytime soon. Maybe they'll make the playoffs if their star players get healthy and/or perform better. The point is, they're going to have options for 2nd and 3rd line centers in the near future. No point in paying big and sacrificing their biggest young asset (3 OA) for immediate help at center in the form of a guy in his mid 30s or a guy who is clearly not a 1st line center (RNH).

I feel like the part I’ve bonded is what fans would think. Look what they’ve done...
Subban for Weber.
Sergachev for Drouin.
Signing Alzner.

They’ve got a guy in Galchenyuk who gets 50pts as a 3rd and 4th line player. A guy in Drouin who was acquired to play center, but isn’t a center.

Bergevin has done himself no favors. I feel like ownership must be getting frustrated, and that he’a got to be ready to make a deal of this sort (younger, less proven, for older, more proven) one last time hoping it works out and that he can save himself.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
the pick isnt a top 6 C though.

realistically ROR is EXACTLY what the habs need. when your top c had 25pt something is very, very wrong.
and no, drouin/galchenyuk aren't #1 C and they shouldnt be deployed as such

im curious what it would take for you to want to move the pick?

Sure, but we are we offering Galchenyuk too?

I mean, if we have to give up galchenyuk and the 3rd to get someone like RNH and the 10th I'd rather just take the winger and tank again and again. RNH is not a #1C on a contender.

ROR is a legit C but it's such a high price to pay for a #1B, not even a #1.

I'd rather sell vets than sell the future.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
No to Galchenyuk + 3rd Overall? Lmao

mashable-l3q2K5jinAlChoCLS
Thought it said 30th pick, my bad.

Reactions: Grabner

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I feel like the part I’ve bonded is what fans would think. Look what they’ve done...
Subban for Weber.
Sergachev for Drouin.
Signing Alzner.

They’ve got a guy in Galchenyuk who gets 50pts as a 3rd and 4th line player. A guy in Drouin who was acquired to play center, but isn’t a center.

Bergevin has done himself no favors. I feel like ownership must be getting frustrated, and that he’a got to be ready to make a deal of this sort (younger, less proven, for older, more proven) one last time hoping it works out and that he can save himself.

Bergevin has made win now moves over and over but the fact is that without an elite 1C or an elite defenseman (they gave their only one up), they aren't contending. I agree that he'll want to make a win now move. Trading for Carter isn't going to win them anything though. It'll only dramatically lengthen the recovery period from going so old. It is the sort of move Bergevin would make, though.

Galchenyuk and Drouin were both deployed terribly this year at 5 on 5 and shouldn't have played together nearly as much as they did, especially without Gallagher or Pacioretty - guys who can actually drive play. Most of Galchenyuk's offensive value came on the PP. I think there are better ways to make the top of the lineup work and hide the weaknesses of those two guys - ways that don't involve trading away the 3 OA for Carter. They won't contend for a cup but they can be a much, much better team next year without mortgaging the future.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I was thinking of a 3 way trade between Edmonton, Buffalo, and Montreal.

Buffalo gets
RNH
Galchenyuk
Edmonton's 2018 3rd round pick

Montreal gets
ROR
10th OV pick

Edmonton gets
3rd OV pick
Buffalo's 2018 31st OV pick

Last edited:
Reactions: AcadiaAxeMan