#33 Jakob Silfverberg First NHL Goal!

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
That was a shot that was probably better than 50% of the NHL. Theodore didn't even react to the shot itself till it was already in the net.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
why are the sens making silfverberg available to the media everyday. LET THE GUY DEVELOP. How much pressure is the kid facing. Jeez thats a dumb decision. Just let the guy develop and shelter him.

I'm a big RG3 fan and the skins did a good job of not letting him speak to the media all year. He was sheltered. The SENS need to do a better job regarding this.

He faced a ton of media pressure last year and a ton of interviews and attention in the SEL. I think he'll be fine. He's a very mature lad.

Also calling that not a good shot that wouldn't beat an NHL goalie 9/10 is kind of funny. It was a very well placed shot that had a deceptive release. Few goalies stop that shot IMO given its placement and release.

Last edited:

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
why are the sens making silfverberg available to the media everyday. LET THE GUY DEVELOP. How much pressure is the kid facing. Jeez thats a dumb decision. Just let the guy develop and shelter him.

I'm a big RG3 fan and the skins did a good job of not letting him speak to the media all year. He was sheltered. The SENS need to do a better job regarding this.

He was captain of a team in the SEL. I'm sure he can handle it.

Berserker*

Atta Boy

tumblr_mh0hcrCTpl1rsnoqso1_250.gif

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Do you know who Silfverberg is? He is one of the most humble people you'll ever meet. Says the right things, always, never says anything too excess even if he can.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Kaigorodov freaked out under pressure and bailed. I'm
Worries silfverberg will
As well. Got it sonny??

And also take off your homer glasses dude. That shot was crazy weak. If someone is going to take you seriously you can't post homer nonsense like that...

lol... do you realize Silfverberg already knows what a lot of pressure is? Where were you last season? MVP season? MVP in the SEL? Captain of a Championship team? Golden helmet all year?

Also, lol at "That shot was crazy weak"... If it isn't bias... I don't know what it is.

Finally, people need to stop thinking that Canada is like the center of the universe, even in the hockey world.

He faced a ton of media pressure last year and a ton of interviews and attention in the SEL. I think he'll be fine. He's a very mature lad.

Also calling that not a good shot that wouldn't beat an NHL goalie 9/10 is kind of funny. It was a very well placed shot that had a deceptive release. Few goalies stop that shot IMO given its placement and release.

Yup, as a goalie, I can garantee that his shot release is ridiculous. This one was not his best shot ever but still very high end release, that caught off Theodore by surprise.

Slagskott

Jan 18, 2013
Don't know what Silfverberg said about the goal to Canadian or American media. But to the swedish ditto he said he don't think it was a good shot and that he just tried to release quickly.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Don't know what Silfverberg said about the goal to Canadian or American media. But to the swedish ditto he said he don't think it was a good shot and that he just tried to release quickly.

A quick release will score more goals than a 'good shot'.

Bob Kudelski

Mar 8, 2006
Ottawa, ON
The main page of NHL.com has a feature called "My First Goal" and they have videos for Yakupov, Schultz, Brunner, Galchenyuk, Huberdeau, Tarasenko x 2, Granlund and Conacher.

Hmmm, who's missing from this list?? :facepalm::whatever:

Bob Kudelski

Mar 8, 2006
Ottawa, ON
NHL.com also has a poll "Which rookie will lead the NHL in scoring this season?" They have 5 names listed, including Brunner (who doesn't even qualify for the Calder)! But of course, no Silfverberg.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
That was a shot that was probably better than 50% of the NHL. Theodore didn't even react to the shot itself till it was already in the net.

Probably more like 98%.

From the position he took the pass only a handful of players could have got the shot off as hard, quick and accurate.

General Granny*

That stretch pass is too Rundbladesque. Makes me miss him alot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad