#33 Jakob Silfverberg First NHL Goal!

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Wow, you guys in Canada picked up on this?:D

I would say about 100 people of not more tried chanting it after he scored, the in house music and over all cheering drowned it out.

Some people were cheering it after the game as they left the arena to go to the car.

Everyone stopped cheering as soon as the doors opened. It was ****ing cold last night.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
couple of my friends and i were chanting it as we left the arena, and near the team broadcast. so you might have heard us?

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
I heard a bunch of people trying in section 313(or 312) maybe like 10-12 guys...im in 314 and there were also a few behind me maybe trying and im pretty sure a group in 315 tried as well.

I figured it was all individual HF peeps.

saw some dude with a silf jersey looked brand new who was that? section 313 i think.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
We were in 312 and I was yelling it out...jumping around with my buddy because we were pretty pumped for Silfverberg. Our significant others thought we were a bit crazy.

Anyway yeah it's too bad we couldn't get the whole arena chanting it after his first goal.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
We were in 312 and I was yelling it out...jumping around with my buddy because we were pretty pumped for Silfverberg. Our significant others thought we were a bit crazy.

Anyway yeah it's too bad we couldn't get the whole arena chanting it after his first goal.

lol. I was in 312 as well, row F. Tried starting the chant, We were 12

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i think its funny how spezza looks like he keeps rubbing Silfvs leg after the goal on the bench making him uncomfortable.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
312 was the section to be in last night, lol. four us in in 312 were trying to get the chant going as well, lol

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Good to see him get his first one, hopefully that gets him going & he starts to get even more aggressively offensively. I really like his game especially that he plays a very good two way game, like Alfie.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

It'll come. These chants take time and with the Team 1200 playing it every time Silferburg is mentioned, it's bound to catch on.

People just have to figure out when to do it. Not during the goal song or the announcement but immediately after during the puck drop.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Hopefully none of you were the guys that were sitting behind us, being obnoxious, swearing and saying offensive things when the section was full of children.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not us. We were just having a good time. Not that I really believe in censorship -- but I also don't believe in going out of your way to be vulgar.

Also we were 312 A...there were only like 8 of us in the Row and only 4 of us were together although my buddy's parents came up to join us for the last period.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
Nice goal, more to come fosho, I loved the body check he made and love his back checking!

Stoked to see Spezz so happy after the Silf33 goal.

Once he figures out that Spezz can find him anywhere on the ice he will score lots more.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
why are the sens making silfverberg available to the media everyday. LET THE GUY DEVELOP. How much pressure is the kid facing. Jeez thats a dumb decision. Just let the guy develop and shelter him.

I'm a big RG3 fan and the skins did a good job of not letting him speak to the media all year. He was sheltered. The SENS need to do a better job regarding this.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Is it me or am I wrong thinking that was just an ok release?

Theodore was caught on his short side (I think), I don't think he was paying attention much with 1 min left.

it is definitely just you... he gripped and ripped that puck. Theodore set and wasn't even close to fast enough to keep up with that bullet.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
it is definitely just you... he gripped and ripped that puck. Theodore set and wasn't even close to fast enough to keep up with that bullet.

that shot was pretty weak im not gonna lie. It wont beat an NHL goalie 9/10. His goals in Bingo will though so lets see if he becomes that guy. Just a ton of pressure on the guy. I'm a little worried that he goes all Kaigarodov on us.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
are you on drugs? What the hell are you talking about in comparing him to Kaigarodov?

Kaigorodov freaked out under pressure and bailed. I'm
Worries silfverberg will
As well. Got it sonny??

And also take off your homer glasses dude. That shot was crazy weak. If someone is going to take you seriously you can't post homer nonsense like that...

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Kaigorodov freaked out under pressure and bailed. I'm
Worries silfverberg will
As well. Got it sonny??

And also take off your homer glasses dude. That shot was crazy weak. If someone is going to take you seriously you can't post homer nonsense like that...

That shot was weak in the sense that he never got a full power wrister off and it was still better than a lot of shooters in the NHL? That shot was weak by Silfverbergs standards?

Sonny? I am likely older than you... DUDE.

You think this kid is going to run? If that were the case he would not have played in the AHL, rather went home to Sweden this season. I know who Kaigarodov is and I remember how he acted and there is no comparison between the two players. Silf is fine with the media... think about what he dealt with in the SEL being on a championship team, wearing the golden helmet and likely being interviewed after every game.

You're just a freaken troll.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
That shot was weak in the sense that he never got a full power wrister off and it was still better than a lot of shooters in the NHL? That shot was weak by Silfverbergs standards?

Sonny? I am likely older than you... DUDE.

You think this kid is going to run? If that were the case he would not have played in the AHL, rather went home to Sweden this season. I know who Kaigarodov is and I remember how he acted and there is no comparison between the two players. Silf is fine with the media... think about what he dealt with in the SEL being on a championship team, wearing the golden helmet and likely being interviewed after every game.

You're just a freaken troll.

Still better than a lot of shooters in the NHL? Are we being serious here?? I realize your old and perhaps 20/20 vision is a thing of the past but that shot was not a great shot. 1 min left and the goalie was not really paying attention, plain and simple. Can he shoot better, of course he can, but a poor shot is still a poor shot.

I'm a troll? Yeah sure buddy. Someone who doesnt agree with you is a troll. Your seeing things through rose coloured glasses and cannot see anything objectively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad