GDT: #32 Connors Revenge. Edmonton v Calgary, Mar 17, 8 PM, SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Let's keep throwing Bear out there even though he's been trash since the play-ins and blew last game. Great idea by the coach. I'm almost hoping the Oilers miss the playoffs so maybe Holland will get rid of this clown.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I would put in Kahun, Bouchard, take out Neal, Bear. Albeit Bear bound to have a bounceback game. I hope.

I agree. I think Neals probably a good guy on the bench and dressing room but his play is pretty dissapointing. He doesn’t look like a nhl player at the moment. Hopefully Kahun is in.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Let's keep throwing Bear out there even though he's been trash since the play-ins and blew last game. Great idea by the coach. I'm almost hoping the Oilers miss the playoffs so maybe Holland will get rid of this clown.

I wouldn't go that far, kind of want to win and make the playoffs and maybe win a round or two. But Bear has been atrocious while Bouchard has just been stewing for no reason. Play him and win the game!

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
He prob. want to give Bear trust to fwt him out of his funk. Not a bad idea. But it may got to far. Esp. for fans.

I actually thought of a game breaking idea. Now when NHL are 4 lines of good players to be great, you have to eliminate your bad players om your team. So oiles should dress. their 10 best forwards, and 9 Ds. So a 4th defensive line of for Ds, and with one forward cherry picking. I think this actually is a great idea

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
He prob. want to give Bear trust to fwt him out of his funk. Not a bad idea. But it may got to far. Esp. for fans.

I actually thought of a game breaking idea. Now when NHL are 4 lines of good players to be great, you have to eliminate your bad players om your team. So oiles should dress. their 10 best forwards, and 9 Ds. So a 4th defensive line, with one forward cherry picking. I think this actually is a great idea

Yeah!!!!
Just run mcdavid with

nurse- Russell
Lagasson- larsson

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I find it hard to watch Calgary games...I hate their dirty team so much that I cant bear to watch a loss. A win is bliss though...

They say the leading ingredient in green beer is Indifference.

Cheers.

Reactions: Mez

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yeah, yikes, tragic occurrence. Good judgement, you know I was just ribbing. would love to see the planned thread sometime in the future. Thanks for all your work, I don't know how to do much of this stuff. My record is bad anyway. Alltime 0-3 or something like that, nobody wants that..

Hopefully Connor gets his Revenge tonight!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Good call and good situational awareness.

Thanks, I am just glad I heard the news, I would have felt like a first class moron had that gone up.

Oh, I added a GIF I couldn't get to load last night at the end.

Best GIF of them all check it out. I cant take credit for making it, I am not sure who did but its hilarious. :nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

I listened to the Tippett avail today and he was pretty defensive about Bear. Very certain that he is the player they saw at his peak last year (and referenced that directly). He sees him as a two way guy and given the “balance” he’s looking for, he has the offense guy in Barrie, shutdown in Larsson and two way in Bear.

Basically he said that Bouchard would only draw in if Barrie isn’t good to go and any PP time will go to Nurse.

Holland needs to force him to make a decision and send him down to the AHL. There’s no reason for Bouchard to be sitting this long when he can be tearing up the AHL

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I listened to the Tippett avail today and he was pretty defensive about Bear. Very certain that he is the player they saw at his peak last year (and referenced that directly). He sees him as a two way guy and given the “balance” he’s looking for, he has the offense guy in Barrie, shutdown in Larsson and two way in Bear.

Basically he said that Bouchard would only draw in if Barrie isn’t good to go and any PP time will go to Nurse.

Holland needs to force him to make a decision and send him down to the AHL. There’s no reason for Bouchard to be sitting this long when he can be tearing up the AHL

They need Bouchard in case of injury to one of Barrie or Bear. If Larsson goes down I suspect they'd replace him with K Russell. Sucks but so does hockey in Covid in general and I think we need to be a little more understanding of the situation.

Regardless I think Barrie and Larsson are resigned, and that Bear is used to acquire a forward in the off season so Bouchard is no longer blocked.

Reactions: russ99

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Yeah a guy who has put the team in the playoff picture for 2 straight seasons compared to the rest of the the "great" coaches they've had is a f***ing jackass

:huh::huh:

The same coach who promptly took them out of the picture with mind boggling lineup decisions (and getting outcoached in game by Jeremy f***ing Colliton). Unfortunately playoffs aren’t a sure thing this season even though the roster is probably third best in the division if not fourth at the very least.

So much love for such a dreadfully average coach. I guess it makes sense because there haven’t been many coaches that have even been average here

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
They need Bouchard in case of injury to one of Barrie or Bear. If Larsson goes down I suspect they'd replace him with K Russell. Sucks but so does hockey in Covid in general and I think we need to be a little more understanding of the situation.

Regardless I think Barrie and Larsson are resigned, and that Bear is used to acquire a forward in the off season so Bouchard is no longer blocked.

I understand the reasoning but I don’t agree. They are letting a blue chip d man sit because they want to get Bear going. What’s stopping him from having Bear and Bouchard split minutes and running 7D?

Bear is a fine player and he’s probably somewhere between his worst and best that we’ve seen. 2nd and 3rd pair tweener. I imagine he’s traded as well depending on if Larsson and Barrie are re-signed

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I understand the reasoning but I don’t agree. They are letting a blue chip d man sit because they want to get Bear going. What’s stopping him from having Bear and Bouchard split minutes and running 7D?

Bear is a fine player and he’s probably somewhere between his worst and best that we’ve seen. 2nd and 3rd pair tweener. I imagine he’s traded as well depending on if Larsson and Barrie are re-signed

I would like to see them run 7D as well but I think they risk running McDavid into the ground doing that.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Yeah!!!!
Just run mcdavid with

nurse- Russell
Lagasson- larsson
Yeah!!!!
Just run mcdavid with

nurse- Russell
Lagasson- larsson

Lag_e_sson..

But McDavid all by himself is not always a great idea, he likes to give and go in the middle of the rush (smart to split the defence)

Nurse Barrie
Lagesson Larsson
Jones Bouchard

Haas (why not try) McDavid Puljupärvi
Nuge Draisatil Yamamoto
Chiasson/ Turris / Kassian / for what I care - Khaira Archibald
The defensive wall line
K.Russell Ennis Bear

With this means no wingers. There are 2 LD, 2 RD, call them libro, low / high defensive, whatever you need to call them.
THere are one center - Ennis, Who can cherry pick on the blue line,

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Oilers are not doing well by Bouchard.

Evan could get 3 points and be +3 against the Flames and he would still get scratched next game.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
This is so true regarding the PP’s especially since McDavid was blatantly tripped in the Calgary zone that lead to this PP just seconds later. When McDavids legs are above his head going down to the ice with the ref looking right at it and no call is made. How is it they call a much less obvious “trip” for the hobbit seconds later at the other end of the ice?

I'm still incensed at the two trips the Oilers got called on compared to the ones that were "missed" the other way on McDavid and Yamamoto.

The cherry on top was Gio throwing about the biggest pick I have ever seen right off the draw with 25 seconds left that directly gave them the ability to clear the puck and seal the game. After all the bullshit earlier in the game I thought that there might be a hope of a call there when it happened, but nope. Can't remember being that pissed off over a non-call in a long time, my living room was loud and blue after that.

Can't remember which poster it was, but someone here accurately described Brad Meier as an incompetent loser pre-game and I contended that Eric Furlatt was worse. After that game I can say I was wrong and he was right. Meier makes a mess of every game I remember him working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad