GDT: #31| Dallas Stars @ New York Islanders | December 13th | 7:00 PM | F/L 5-2

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Among other things not to do with defense or goaltending, it is just one of those games where it all goes wrong. Bounces, posts, missed chances. There will be games like this in an 82 game season. Reload for the Jackets tomorrow.

Have to figure out why we look like another team when we play Dallas

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
good lord how are the Islanders going to afford Tavares Barzal and Lee

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
And Bailey

well Bailey is someone you have to allow to walk if he is going to command a 6X7 contract which I am guessing he will if he is going to keep this pace

of course if JT is wanting him to stay if he is going to re-sign, well that is an exception

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
And yet they are a win out of first place.

Two of the losses were decided by one goal as well. There's a difference between just being a bad team and losing and going on a streak where sometimes things just don't go your way. Did they really play bad against Pittsburgh or Ottawa when they lost?

More things go into it then just posting that nonsense.
Call it nonsense if it makes you feel better. It is a bad start to December and we have some tough games coming up with swiss cheese in net. I hope your seeming confidence bears out but this team has to get their heads out of their collective butts. They are not that good that they can allow themselves to be out worked.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Bailey Pricing himself off the island.

Isles just need to stop spending the money on the bottom 6 guys, that can be made up of serviceable vets, I mean how bad would we be if Bernier and Gionta were in Clutter and Chimera's spots.. .that is a lot of money saved there... CDH at 6 Million is a joke, that should not be done

JT at 10M
Bailey at 6.5
Lee extended to 6

Don't lock Barzal up yet, have to see more from him

Isles will need to have Aho and Toews in the 6 next year with Leddy/Boychuck/Pulock and Pelech with mayfield at #7
I'd find a way to get Dell here next year to be #1, and he isn't making much yet
I'd find a home for Clutter and his salary next year
no more Kulemin, Halak, Chimera, Hickey Mouse, and CDH salaries

Bottom 6 of Lady Jane, Beau, JHS, Cizikas, Quine, Prince with options for Fritz, or a cheap fighter, is a cheap bottom 6 outside of Zeke

Reactions: MikeyMike01

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
well Bailey is someone you have to allow to walk if he is going to command a 6X7 contract which I am guessing he will if he is going to keep this pace

of course if JT is wanting him to stay if he is going to re-sign, well that is an exception

We invested too much in Bailey to let him go, Snow is not going to want to see him actualize on another squad

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Call it nonsense if it makes you feel better. It is a bad start to December and we have some tough games coming up with swiss cheese in net. I hope your seeming confidence bears out but this team has to get their heads out of their collective butts. They are not that good that they can allow themselves to be out worked.

I agree here, methinks we peaked in our usual bad month. The goalie problem is very hard to fix right now

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Hey guys I’ll own this one, still haven’t seen a win at the Barclays Center. Not planning on going back, so I’ll see them again in person at the Coliseum return or Belmont.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad