GDT: #31| Dallas Stars @ New York Islanders | December 13th | 7:00 PM | F/L 5-2

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Is this going to be the December Not To Remember?

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
i lost interest in this game when the stars went up 2-0, and i think the team did too.

they just didn't have it tonight.

lets see how tomorrow goes. It's a must win game as far as im concerned.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Crap performance by the skaters, even worse by Halak...
And so the story continues...

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
not our best effort by any means...but not our worst.
dallas played a fantastic game, start to finish, less about 5 minutes of the first.
but yes, today is a must win against Columbus

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
well well well, some adversity in an NHL season. Let's see how this team competes tonight. Will they clam up and lay down or fight, win lose or draw? What do we have in a team? There will be some answers tonight...

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Crap performance by the skaters, even worse by Halak...
And so the story continues...
This exactly. The Stars were more easily able to shut down our offense in the neutral zone
when we come out not moving our feet and then try to dangle and stickhandle. The Bruins did the same to us with our assistence.
The sluggish starts and overhanding of the puck near the blue lines along with porous goaltending is putting us out of the game before it is half over. A second half charge doesn't always work.
This has to be corrected tonight against the Jackets, back-to-back game or not.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
we struggle against big teams. if we are seriously thinking of a run this year, we need to keep Hickey on IR, send JHS and Beau down, and get a few gritty types. agreed that Quine and Prince aren't doing it for us.

Neal-Nelson-Perron for our 3rd line?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
They played a simple game..just relentless forchecking and they forced us to play their game (this was the biggest issue). We need to force teams to play OUR game or just adapt and be better at their game than they are.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
we struggle against big teams. if we are seriously thinking of a run this year, we need to keep Hickey on IR, send JHS and Beau down, and get a few gritty types. agreed that Quine and Prince aren't doing it for us.

Neal-Nelson-Perron for our 3rd line?

I really like Perron and would love to have him...not sure about Neal though..Not saying he'd be a good addition or not...just..How are we gonna afford him?

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Call it nonsense if it makes you feel better. It is a bad start to December and we have some tough games coming up with swiss cheese in net. I hope your seeming confidence bears out but this team has to get their heads out of their collective butts. They are not that good that they can allow themselves to be out worked.

I'm not sure if we are watching the same games. Is the team getting outworked or is the goaltending just bad? Goaltending needs to work itself out. The team is in a very good spot.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
I'm not sure if we are watching the same games. Is the team getting outworked or is the goaltending just bad? Goaltending needs to work itself out. The team is in a very good spot.
They remain in a good spot and we all would have taken it if offered before the season began. But the recent trend has been concerning. Not just the losses but the fact that they have consistently started off slow and gotten in a hole. And that with the exception of two games, the goaltending has been uniformly terrible from both goalies. We know Jaro can be very hot/very cold. He did not stay hot for long if last night was an example of coming down to earth.
Our system has been exposed two straight games now...strong, active forecheck and cram up neutral ice. We are not a good breakout team and when we start by not moving our feet, give away pucks in our zone or the neutral zone, we are defending from the start and hoping our goalies can save us until we wake up. Unfortunately, the two guys in net are not consistently good enough to overcome these bad starts.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
i lost interest in this game when the stars went up 2-0, and i think the team did too.

Agreed... I generally don't like to make reactionary posts but that soft a$$ second goal cost the team any chance to win.

I wish Bails and JHS would shoot more.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
These two goalies are not adequate. Doug was fuming in the post game again regarding Halak. I would be extremely, extremely surprised if we don't have a new goalie before the new years.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014

The isles had a ton of chances to score. One goalie made the saves. The other one got lit up. That is the story on most nights with our goalies. The Isles can't be expected to score 5 goals every night to bail the goaltenders out. They just can't. and that's not realistic.

So either these two blowhards stop letting in wrist shots from the circles or this team will be out of the playoff picture soon.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
We don't seem to be a very adaptable team. Usually a team gets stonewalled in the first period if the other teams coach changes things up..Then usually, the team comes out in the second period with a different tactic/strategy..

All we did was play THE SAME game, expecting a different outcome..insanity?

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
A thing I noticed last night was that Ledecky was walking around Barclays during the game, greeting, sitting and speaking with fans. Thought it was an interesting move for an owner to not be up in a luxury box during his/her team's game. I know he does it often on the LIRR but never knew he did it in the stands as well.

He plays the "face of the franchise ownership" very well.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

Same. I DVR'd the game and ended up FWDing through most of it.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
A thing I noticed last night was that Ledecky was walking around Barclays during the game, greeting, sitting and speaking with fans. Thought it was an interesting move for an owner to not be up in a luxury box during his/her team's game. I know he does it often on the LIRR but never knew he did it in the stands as well.

Training for the return to NVMC, no doubt.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

That's been Ledecky since he got here. Many nights he'll spend the first period and both intermissions walking around, visiting with fans in the stands, stopping to talk to people in the corridors (he was talking to sign man during the first intermission outside my section last night). The rest of the game he'll watch from his box.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad