GDT: #31| Dallas Stars @ New York Islanders | December 13th | 7:00 PM | F/L 5-2

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
We get blown out way too often to really take this team serious right now. We have talent but we literally give up on way too many games. Not a good sign. I expect another blow out tonight honestly.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
These two goalies are not adequate. Doug was fuming in the post game again regarding Halak. I would be extremely, extremely surprised if we don't have a new goalie before the new years.
What did he say? I turned the game off as soon is it became 4-0.

The pouros D and Swiss cheese goaltending is gonna sink this team. TB is the highest scoring team in the league AND has the best GF/GA differential. Isles are the 2nd highest scoring team and are 13TH in goal differential. That just shouldn't be. Scoring a ton doesn't mean shit when you can't keep the puck outta your own net

Last edited:

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
What did he say? I turned the game off as soon is it became 4-0.

The pouros D and Swiss cheese goaltending is gonna sink this team. TB is the highest scoring team in the league AND has the best GF/GA differential. Isles are the 2nd highest scoring team and are 13TH in goal differential. That just shouldn't be. Scoring a ton doesn't mean **** when you can't keep the puck outta your own net

100%.. This is a wildcard team at best, and given the proximity of the teams in the race, I'd say we are easily the worst in the bunch right now. Our D and Goaltending cannot compete with the teams we are competing against in this division. I'm over it, TBH. That warm fuzzy feeling I had a couple weeks ago is gone. This team looks like swiss cheese garbage. I don't care how many goals they score anymore. Our defense is slow, mediocre, and lackadaisical outside of Leddy. It's really, really hard to watch right now.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Guys, back of the ledge. With some competent goaltending this year we’re probably 1st in the division. We have some warts, but they can be addressed mid season. Our PK is killing us, but that can be remedied at a system level. I think our D issues our way overblown as a result of absolutely terrible goaltending. Our GM needs to get off his ass and find us a fix for that now. Target Fleury and see where it goes.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
I turned it off after 3-0. Halak is a complete liability, and giant head case right now. I would roll with Greiss and hope Snow pulls the trigger on a goalie.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I turned it off after 3-0. Halak is a complete liability, and giant head case right now. I would roll with Greiss and hope Snow pulls the trigger on a goalie.
Halak had his chance. Give Greiss a few starts and for the love of god trade for someone.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Isles just need to stop spending the money on the bottom 6 guys, that can be made up of serviceable vets, I mean how bad would we be if Bernier and Gionta were in Clutter and Chimera's spots.. .that is a lot of money saved there... CDH at 6 Million is a joke, that should not be done

JT at 10M
Bailey at 6.5
Lee extended to 6

Don't lock Barzal up yet, have to see more from him

Isles will need to have Aho and Toews in the 6 next year with Leddy/Boychuck/Pulock and Pelech with mayfield at #7
I'd find a way to get Dell here next year to be #1, and he isn't making much yet
I'd find a home for Clutter and his salary next year
no more Kulemin, Halak, Chimera, Hickey Mouse, and CDH salaries

Bottom 6 of Lady Jane, Beau, JHS, Cizikas, Quine, Prince with options for Fritz, or a cheap fighter, is a cheap bottom 6 outside of Zeke

Cal and Johnny are tight. Cal isn't going anywhere. Casey might need to be moved instead if we want to keep Bailey.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
The Isles can't be expected to score 5 goals every night to bail the goaltenders out. They just can't. and that's not realistic.
The most frustrating part of it is that they CAN score 4-5 goals almost every night, but it’s still not enough to bail the goalies out.

Hate to say that, but it looks like Dallas of 2 years ago has been in better shape with Klingberg/Lehtonen/Niemi than the Isles are now with Leddy/Halak/Greiss. No knock on Leddy obviously, just a reminder that we need a defensive defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad