GDT: #30| Washington Capitals @ New York Islanders | December 11th | 7:00 PM | F/W 3-1

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Was it just me or did Weight match up Ladd-Barzal-Eberle against Wilson-Backstrom-Ovechkin nearly all night until late in which he went to a hybrid line Ladd-Cizikas-Clutterbuck?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Always a ****ing ******. Been to 7 home games with the Isles and always been a rags fan in jersey there. Its like they want to be punch in the face.
One of the best things about the dynasty years was that the NYR fans were meek and humbled and stayed away. It's like the Cups were a roach bomb at the NVMC. But the Cup effect wore off and, like roaches, they came back.

Reactions: CRYHAVOC and MJF

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Always a ****ing ******. Been to 7 home games with the Isles and always been a rags fan in jersey there. Its like they want to be punch in the face.

Among the worst people in the sports world. Then they take offense if they're chirped for it!

And this is not only for Ranger fans at Isles/Devils games. Could be a guy wearing a Mets jersey to a Yanks-Orioles game, Patriots jersey at a Jets-Chiefs game, whatever combination they're all attention seeking mongrels.

Reactions: norwegianislander

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Played the least amount of home games in the league so far, now we play 10 of the next 14 at home. Gotta cash in and separate from the WC position and firmly in the top 3.

Reactions: MartyC

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Halak was garbage again. The score should have been 3 to -1 at the very least. 3-1 is a travesty of a hockey result. I don't know how Halak couldn't save that 2 on 1. It looks like he just fell over in disbelief. And the way he stoned Ovechkin in front, he was picking up a quarter on the ice and got lucky. I really hope this team trades for Patrick Roy so these goaltending woes don't continue.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I have not been a fan of Ho Sang's high risk puck dangling at around the blue line. There are times he has to simplify it and play a north/south game. That said, he did and does battle for loose pucks and will engage physically as best he can.

Thought Nelson had a good game, much more engaged and refusing to give up on puck battles.

Kudos also to Mayfield. he had his one or two shaky moments but does a better job than any expected in the offensive zone, does not let the other team get behind him.

Lots of good last night. Lots of good play by most of our guys, no passengers.

Yup, agreed about ho sang. He has a good work ethic; I don’t get the feel that he thinks he can coast through the NHL on skill alone. I like that about him. I don’t like his one trick pony dangles in dangerous spots.

Nelson’s intensity comes and goes. I wonder what triggers him.

Mayfield plays hard, has some offensive skills too. I don’t trust him in the D zone completely. He brings sorely needed snarl to the blueline though.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Yup, agreed about ho sang. He has a good work ethic; I don’t get the feel that he thinks he can coast through the NHL on skill alone. I like that about him. I don’t like his one trick pony dangles in dangerous spots.

Nelson’s intensity comes and goes. I wonder what triggers him.

Mayfield plays hard, has some offensive skills too. I don’t trust him in the D zone completely. He brings sorely needed snarl to the blueline though.
When-Woody-loses-him-damn-mind.gif

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Please start like you mean it.
We get Lehtonen. Shoot, shoot, shoot.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Halak was garbage again. The score should have been 3 to -1 at the very least. 3-1 is a travesty of a hockey result. I don't know how Halak couldn't save that 2 on 1. It looks like he just fell over in disbelief. And the way he stoned Ovechkin in front, he was picking up a quarter on the ice and got lucky. I really hope this team trades for Patrick Roy so these goaltending woes don't continue.

Funny how things play out.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Very nice. However, raw numbers, and advanced numbers, and whatever else numbers, say that this Halak is not Team Europe Halak, neither he is 2010 Montreal Halak. Both goalies’ performance so far is indefensible.

Reactions: Eberzal

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Very nice. However, raw numbers, and advanced numbers, and whatever else numbers, say that this Halak is not Team Europe Halak, neither he is 2010 Montreal Halak. Both goalies’ performance so far is indefensible.

Sure. It's the Greiss Vs. Halak babble I have umbrage with. Neither goalie is turning heads, but to think that Greiss is doing great and Halak is the worst of the two by a fair margin is silly. Both goalies are bad right now. Neither, better or worse than the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad