GDT: #30| Washington Capitals @ New York Islanders | December 11th | 7:00 PM | F/W 3-1

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Big statement win.
Idiot Alan May says next time they play us it will be entirely different type of game, more aggressive and rough. May was a lousy hockey player, not a good fighter, and sucks at analysis.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Strong game top to bottom.

Caps didn’t have their A game, that said, they’ve been hot.

Thought Pelech had a strong defensive game; created some offense too. Want to see Boychuk back ASAP. Even though the D has played OK, you can see how he’s missed.

As mentioned teams know Barzal’s tendencies and are closing down on him quicker.

Halak didn’t have to make many high quality stops, that said, he was solid, no softies, and looked comfortable in net. Maybe he’s believing he can seize the number 1 spot again.

The 4th line had jump; they were difference makers.

Would like to see ho sang shoot and drive the net\slot.There were a few opportunities where he had a lane to shoot or drive the net, instead he decided to make a low % pass to a teammate who was in a subpar scoring position. To his credit he managed the puck pretty well.

Reactions: dood

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
This is a different team at home in case you missed it. We are also OK on the road at 8-9-1. Need to really take advantage of these upcoming home games.

Tough teams we played on the road thus far....
Tampa 2x's
LA
Colombus
Nashville

Washington
St. Louis
Pittsburgh
Rangers

San Jose

The bolded teams we have not played at home yet.

Last edited:

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Regardless of what Greiss or Halak have done earlier in the season, you must admit that Halak has been steadily improving his play.

It was a great game by Halak. More importantly it was a great team effort tonight. A very solid win. Very encouraging.
I said that on the previous page

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
huge win--one of the best 60 min efforts of the season--our d looks to be tightening a bit (but so does our offense).....jaro looked great as did cdh and ladd......pulock continuing to impress and eberle truly has really impressed me this year---smart, smooth and while not physical, certainly hasnt been soft.....hopefully we can go on a run here with these home games

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
I will take a million more of these solid 3-1 complete team games over a full season of 6-5 barn burners. Let's hope that now that we've crossed the 30 game threshold that we have tightened up a bit defensively and the goaltending can settle in for the most part.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I will take a million more of these solid 3-1 complete team games over a full season of 6-5 barn burners. Let's hope that now that we've crossed the 30 game threshold that we have tightened up a bit defensively and the goaltending can settle in for the most part.

Ryan.....Pulock

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Just got back from the game. Isles are 2-0 when I watch their games live (Vancouver and tonight's Caps game). Nice to relax and watch a live game as a neutral fan. Should I get tickets to watch the Stars game?

Also for the Isles and Devils games I've been to, there's always some ********* with a Rangers jersey, even when the Rangers are playing that night against another team.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Just got back from the game. Isles are 2-0 when I watch their games live (Vancouver and tonight's Caps game). Nice to relax and watch a live game as a neutral fan. Should I get tickets to watch the Stars game?

Also for the Isles and Devils games I've been to, there's always some ********* with a Rangers jersey, even when the Rangers are playing that night against another team.
I want you to get tickets for every game as long as you stay undefeated

norwegianislander

May 9, 2009
Hamar, Norway

Always a f***ing Pejorative Slur. Been to 7 home games with the Isles and always been a rags fan in jersey there. Its like they want to be punch in the face.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Strong game top to bottom.

Caps didn’t have their A game, that said, they’ve been hot.

Thought Pelech had a strong defensive game; created some offense too. Want to see Boychuk back ASAP. Even though the D has played OK, you can see how he’s missed.

As mentioned teams know Barzal’s tendencies and are closing down on him quicker.

Halak didn’t have to make many high quality stops, that said, he was solid, no softies, and looked comfortable in net. Maybe he’s believing he can seize the number 1 spot again.

The 4th line had jump; they were difference makers.

Would like to see ho sang shoot and drive the net\slot.There were a few opportunities where he had a lane to shoot or drive the net, instead he decided to make a low % pass to a teammate who was in a subpar scoring position. To his credit he managed the puck pretty well.
I have not been a fan of Ho Sang's high risk puck dangling at around the blue line. There are times he has to simplify it and play a north/south game. That said, he did and does battle for loose pucks and will engage physically as best he can.

Thought Nelson had a good game, much more engaged and refusing to give up on puck battles.

Kudos also to Mayfield. he had his one or two shaky moments but does a better job than any expected in the offensive zone, does not let the other team get behind him.

Lots of good last night. Lots of good play by most of our guys, no passengers.

Reactions: dood

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Halaks best game of the year?
Fischler must have asked every player and Weight that same question. Dougie actually answered yes.

Solid game all around. Shutout would have been nice but it was good to see them not fold after they gave up the goal and play a solid second half of the 3rd. They didn't go into a shell but they didn't take unnecessary chances. Just the way they should play it.

And on that 2-1, very unveteran-like and play from Seidenberg. For whatever reason he moved his stick from the passing lane to the shooting lane giving them an easy pass. I'm sure he wants that one back.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Fischler must have asked every player and Weight that same question. Dougie actually answered yes.

Solid game all around. Shutout would have been nice but it was good to see them not fold after they gave up the goal and play a solid second half of the 3rd. They didn't go into a shell but they didn't take unnecessary chances. Just the way they should play it.

And on that 2-1, very unveteran-like and play from Seidenberg. For whatever reason he moved his stick from the passing lane to the shooting lane giving them an easy pass. I'm sure he wants that one back.
I channeled Stan as I posted that. Or he stole my stuff.

I always imagine Stan’s breath smells like anchovies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad