Prospect Info: 30 OA - LW Bradly Nadeau (Penticton BCHL/U of Maine NCAA)

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
Watched the game….. loving we can watch our prospects play entire games easily on ESPN+ instead of only seeing an occasional one min YouTube clip…

He looks soooo small, smaller than his stats suggest.. but dang can he shoot the puck and finish…

He needs to grow into his body….. or he will get absolutely killed at the next level…. He is just too underdeveloped to rush him…. hopefullly the skill and speed evolves with him as he packs more on his frame…

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Watched the game….. loving we can watch our prospects play entire games easily on ESPN+ instead of only seeing an occasional one min YouTube clip…

He looks soooo small, smaller than his stats suggest.. but dang can he shoot the puck and finish…

He needs to grow into his body….. or he will get absolutely killed at the next level…. He is just too underdeveloped to rush him…. hopefullly the skill and speed evolves with him as he packs more on his frame…
He and Blake both. Blake is so sleight it puts into perspective what this level is. If you’ve got skill you can dominate, it really doesn’t matter how big you are. I keep seeing references about how we kept our best prospects in the trade. It would really be an art form to know that these two are any more likely to make it than the two in the trade. We already know Pono can make it, and Koivunen already plays against men. This is part of why I don’t believe they didn’t get our best prospects. I think they made a list of guys available and Dubas took the ones he liked. Maybe Nadeau wasn’t on the list but I bet Blake was. The only pro thing Nadeau has going for him is the shot and his knowing how to use it, otherwise he doesn’t stand out as much as his stats indicate. He’s very reliant on those dishes from his brother too, though he’ll receive pro passes from quality linemates you’d think.

Blake’s thing is his dad made it at a similar size and was eventually a scorer in the NHL. He similarly plays a very driven style and is refusing to let the odds beat him so far. He doesn’t hesitate, he attacks. He’s very quick. They both play quick. Blake can dominate, which just may be the result of a years experience and conditioning over Nadeau. Give Nadeau another year down at this level and he may stand out like Blake does.

Last edited:

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
He and Blake both. Blake is so sleight it puts into perspective what this level is. If you’ve got skill you can dominate, it really doesn’t matter how big you are. I keep seeing references about how we kept our best prospects in the trade. It would really be an art form to know that these two are any more likely to make it than the two in the trade. We already know Pono can make it, and Koivunen already plays against men. This is part of why I don’t believe they didn’t get our best prospects. I think they made a list of guys available and Dubas took the ones he liked. Maybe Nadeau wasn’t on the list but I bet Blake was. The only pro thing Nadeau has going for him is the shot and his knowing how to use it, otherwise he doesn’t stand out as much as his stats indicate. He’s very reliant on those dishes from his brother too, though he’ll receive pro passes from quality linemates you’d think.

Blake’s thing is his dad made it at a similar size and was eventually a scorer in the NHL. He similarly plays a very driven style and is refusing to let the odds beat him so far. He doesn’t hesitate, he attacks. He’s very quick. They both play quick. Blake can dominate, which just may be the result of a years experience and conditioning over Nadeau. Give Nadeau another year down at this level and he may stand out like Blake does.
Thanks for the overview. Probably not a good comparison but I always refer back to Tampa's Point who is a star (arguably superstar) but not a big man.

Braden Point is listed as 5'11" 180lbs (draft profile was 5'9" 160 lbs) and Blake is shown as 5'11" 175lbs, Nadeau 5'10" 160lbs.

It's a big ask to reach Point's play but their physical profiles seem similar at draft ages.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Thanks for the overview. Probably not a good comparison but I always refer back to Tampa's Point who is a star (arguably superstar) but not a big man.

Braden Point is listed as 5'11" 180lbs (draft profile was 5'9" 160 lbs) and Blake is shown as 5'11" 175lbs, Nadeau 5'10" 160lbs.

It's a big ask to reach Point's play but their physical profiles seem similar at draft ages.

Here’s Jackson a few weeks ago to give you an idea of what I mean by “sleight”. He generally looks like he’s 12 but everyone that age does to me now. Imagine him sideways to the boards and being crushed through his shoulder on a clean check by your large defenseman of choice. Of course you could say Aho was similar when he arrived, though he played a more safe game than Blake does.

As far as height goes it wouldn’t surprise me if all those numbers are a little….off. Point could be smaller than that. They all could easily be. It’s more than height as you can see with Blake. Point and his level of play would be miraculous for Blake, though he could end up similar to his Dad. That would be huge for us.

Last edited:

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020

Here’s Jackson a few weeks ago to give you an idea of what I mean by “sleight”. He generally looks like he’s 12 but everyone that age does to me now. Imagine him sideways to the boards and being crushed through his shoulder on a clean check by your large defenseman of choice. Of course you could say Aho was similar when he arrived, though he played a more safe game that Blake does.

As far as height goes it wouldn’t surprise me if all those numbers are a little….off. Point could be smaller than that. They all could easily be. It’s more than height as you can see with Blake. Point and his level of play would be miraculous for Blake, though he could end up similar to his Dad. That would be huge for us.

Idk man, Bedard and Hughes are tiny too and both (rightfully) went 1st overall. I don’t think size these days is a significant concern like back in the day.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Idk man, Bedard and Hughes are tiny too and both (rightfully) went 1st overall. I don’t think size these days is a significant concern like back in the day.
Well those two are elite talents that both possess that thing. That thing that P Kane and Sakic had, the ability to feel pressure or someone coming to clock you and they moved the puck before it was ever an issue. They were ahead of everyone on the ice that way, they kept themselves safe. They also had the skill level to make plays quickly, spin off the pressure. I’m not dogging Blake, but generally guys that are smaller and not that level of talented can’t always get themselves out of the way.

Also, when it comes to strength you have to be able to fight for pucks and win battles on the boards. The defensive side of the puck takes some strength. I’m not saying he won’t get there but obviously he isn’t right now. His Dad was strong on the puck and could throw himself around.

I agree that the game is friendlier to the smaller guy, but there are still some basic requirements that this kid may need some time to hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad