Prospect Info: 30 OA - LW Bradly Nadeau (Penticton BCHL/U of Maine NCAA)

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Previously, F26 learning about Jared Staal:

another-weasley-harry-potter.gif
Jared was supposed to be the best Staal of them all. Was hard not to get excited.

:sarcasm:

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
after sleeping on it and reading more about him I really like this pick, more likely than not he doesn't turn into much as that's the nature of late 1sts like this but he has some serious upside at skills we desperately need and well worth taking a shot on him for that. Will try to go see him play a bit when Maine plays some of the local Boston teams.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't follow the BCHL at all, but the Vees were 50-3-1. o_O Are they like the Harlem Globetrotters of the league?

They had 101 points and the next closest team had 77. They were +208 and the next closest team was +60. They were 16-1-0 in the playoffs with a +53. Nadeau led the league in scoring with 45G,113 points, followed by his brother with 44G, 110 points and another teammate with 45G, 90 points. No other player in the league had more than 35G and no other player in the league had 75P.

The highlights of this kid looked really good, but it looks like he was on an all-star team.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I don't follow the BCHL at all, but the Vees were 50-3-1. o_O Are they like the Harlem Globetrotters of the league?

They had 101 points and the next closest team had 77. They were +208 and the next closest team was +60. They were 16-1-0 in the playoffs with a +53. Nadeau led the league in scoring with 45G,113 points, followed by his brother with 44G, 110 points and another teammate with 45G, 90 points. No other player in the league had more than 35G and no other player in the league had 75P.

The highlights of this kid looked really good, but it looks like he was on an all-star team.

He was the MVP of the league though, so he was the all-star of that all-star team.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
He was the MVP of the league though, so he was the all-star of that all-star team.
Very true and he has some fantastic skills from what I've seen. Just being on a such a strong team can inflate numbers. Dylan Strome definitely benefited from that in the CHL, for example.

I'm by no means assessing him as a player here, as I never heard of him until he was drafted, nor have I ever watched a game of his. I'm just adding context to his point totals.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Given how little people think of that league, this could end up being as much of a diamond in the rough as you get in this day and age. All we really need from him is to keep scoring, as long as he's able to do that, he'll develop just fine and end up being a pretty intriguing add in a few years.

Reactions: HisIceness

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
A little FYI, Scott Wheeler's assessment of the Nadeau pick in The Athletic today when he names us one of the winners of the 1st round....
Carolina Hurricanes

Pick: 30. Bradly Nadeau
My ranking: 22

Nadeau and the Hurricanes are a match made in heaven. No team has a more obvious type within its amateur scouting department than the Hurricanes, and Nadeau fits theirs perfectly. There are people who believe he has legit top-of-the-lineup talent if he's developed patiently and properly and I count myself among that group. His skating, skill, sense and shot all get high grades and he can really threaten offensively in a variety of ways because of it. I'm a fan of the pick, as I usually am of the Hurricanes' selections at the draft.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
He was definitely a guy that seemed to fit what we liked, and that's why I had him down as a guy I thought we might take for a while. As mentioned, more likely than not he doesn't work out because that's the nature of things, but I think it's a skill set you like to gamble on at that point.

I like that he's going to be an NCAA guy. Go there for at least a couple of years, play against older guys, gain some strength, and even though Maine hasn't churned out guys recently, I like that he might be part of that program's revival.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Given how little people think of that league, this could end up being as much of a diamond in the rough as you get in this day and age. All we really need from him is to keep scoring, as long as he's able to do that, he'll develop just fine and end up being a pretty intriguing add in a few years.
I want to say it was Boucher on the ESPN feed hyping up that league a couple times during the draft. Said it was better than the USHL for developing players who are going to college over major junior.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

Penticton are always a strong team but they’re especially so this year while the rest of the league also happens to be weaker than usual.
The kid is obviously skilled but I don’t know how much you can read into his season given the circumstances.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Penticton are always a strong team but they’re especially so this year while the rest of the league also happens to be weaker than usual.
The kid is obviously skilled but I don’t know how much you can read into his season given the circumstances.
Only thing I know about the team is that a guy I knew fairly well that lived next to me in college played for them before going to NCAA. I think they were the Knights back then. His claim to fame is that he was buddies with Brett Hull and convinced Hull to try out for Penticton at a time when Hull was ready to quit hockey all together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad