Post-Game Talk: 30 minute effort Jets lose 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Wow. I just woke up after going to bed at 7 pm. Chef's not too good on the third line. Mau cannot be happy today.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
You don't win many games when you spot the other teams 2 goals and then only score 1.

That first period stunk. But I liked the Jets bounce-back in the rest of the game. Just couldn't put a second one in the net.
Wait, you don't win many games by giving up 2 and only score 1? By my rudimentary math, you don't win any games that way. ;)

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
Putting schief on the third was a mistake. Potato/sibisa on D are hard to watch. If lines were kept in tact we would have won. Wheeler line looks good. Pionk looked good too same with bro
No it wasn’t a mistake. Should have been 4th line. He wasn’t playing worth a crap.

Reactions: rkp

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
lol@ the Kings leaving the front of the net completely open in the dying seconds. Shame about Scheifele. Overall it was an excellent month and made me believe a playoff run is actually possible with this group.

Agreed. I'm now cautiously optimistic Jets can make the playoffs...something I felt was Everest-like at the start of the season with the D corps. GJG!!!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm gonna guess because he doesn't just want to be known as a goal scorer . Personally i would rather he scored 50 than assisted on 50 .

I don't think it is either or. Some season soon he will do both.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Wasn't hoping this result, but to be brutally honest. This team is still a team that's worthy. I don't even mind the blendering. Actually, I like that "someone" isn't too stuborn to make changes since my meh memory is that the team has been stationary for so long. And it's still early, little things can be solved.

And the true games start later on. Not that these don't matter, they do but we've done a good job with the team we have.

I know this is not the thread and I've got nothing against him. I would really love to know about Buff. We are doing pretty well but... to me it's like the contract negotiations, sometimes drives me insane to not know what possibilities we have or don't have. I don't blame Buff, nor the team. Even in loss, I'm optimistic. Hope that stays.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Scheifele absolutely coasting on the second goal and deserved his 'demotion'. Someone on that line needs to play defence, and if it's not going to be the guy with the letter, it may as well be Lowry.

Laine has certainly been stronger on the puck, but he's still waiting for it to get to him instead of going after it (I think this is part of his superpower in the O-zone, and occasionally helps him find soft ice, but in the D zone it's a strong liability).

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
That he wants to be a playmaker and elite passer. I know it sounds crazy, but he is passing up (pardon the pun) lots of great opportunities to shoot.

Why else?

IDK - I wasn't sure where you were going with your comment -
The easiest answer is he's trying to be a better player and he's taken it too far in one direction - time to find a balance.

In short, I don't think he's trying to make a point - he's just trying to figure out the right balance between a pure shooter and a full time play maker. I assume he, the coaching staff and maybe his line mates are discussing this also

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
IDK - I wasn't sure where you were going with your comment -
The easiest answer is he's trying to be a better player and he's taken it too far in one direction - time to find a balance.

In short, I don't think he's trying to make a point - he's just trying to figure out the right balance between a pure shooter and a full time play maker. I assume he, the coaching staff and maybe his line mates are discussing this also
Yes your answer is probably closer to the truth.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Scheifele absolutely coasting on the second goal and deserved his 'demotion'. Someone on that line needs to play defence, and if it's not going to be the guy with the letter, it may as well be Lowry.

Laine has certainly been stronger on the puck, but he's still waiting for it to get to him instead of going after it (I think this is part of his superpower in the O-zone, and occasionally helps him find soft ice, but in the D zone it's a strong liability).
Going by minutes played it doesn't look like it was Scheifele demoted but rather his linemates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad