Post-Game Talk: 30 minute effort Jets lose 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
100% the title. It's like the boys up front don't want Brossoit around or something.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
lol@ the Kings leaving the front of the net completely open in the dying seconds. Shame about Scheifele. Overall it was an excellent month and made me believe a playoff run is actually possible with this group.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Jets had 3 power plays -- and you have to score on 1 of them, and we have a different game.

Good thing it was a very close game, and we fought all the way !!!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
First period was a complete disaster. Connor-Scheifele-Laine line looks as bad if not worse than Ehlers-Little-Laine. Their defensive zone play is something else. Hopefully the line juggling sticks and that line is broken up for good.

Reactions: KB1971

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
lol@ the Kings leaving the front of the net completely open in the dying seconds. Shame about Scheifele. Overall it was an excellent month and made me believe a playoff run is actually possible with this group.
Playoffs is possible but shouldn’t buy a rental like it’s Blockbusters this season.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Not sure why people are saying Scheifele was demoted. He played 23 min :laugh:

Edit: more than any other forward on either team...

Well, he did seem to play wing for Copp... but in truth the move was not switching Lowry and Scheif between 1st and 3rd lines, it was getting rid of 1st line and rotate a steady top-9. At least that's how it looked to me.

Reactions: DashingDane

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Well, he did seem to play wing for Copp... but in truth the move was not switching Lowry and Scheif between 1st and 3rd lines, it was getting rid of 1st line and rotate a steady top-9. At least that's how it looked to me.

I made a comment in the GDT that it may have partially been tactical. Seemed to work.

HHel

Feb 26, 2018
Laine continues to be an enigma. We know he has talent but something seens just off.
I don't know how you pulled Laine out to the spotlight of that line. He was the best of those first liners, if you can give that kind of credit from last night effort. Scheifele was dismal. Hes faceoffs was 14,3% and thats why they were chasing all the time. They were better with Lowry. And it was Connors turn over what costed first goal against. And again multiple times last night he couldn't see anyone else when he entryed OZ and then he chipped puck to the corner. Something has to be done. That line doesn't function well enough.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The whole first line was awful not just Scheifele , Laine was floating around watching the play and so was Connor . Team just didn't have any legs to start the game , it's gonna happen once in a while . Great month of November , great record for so many road games and injuries . Also maybe we should give some credit to LA , they came to play like their season was on the line . We'll be better next game .

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I also blame that dark fricken arena , Jets thought it was nap time . Oh and Sportsnet , getting a close up of them trying to shave Elliott's mustache made me throw up in my mouth a little . :confused:

Beavski24

Aug 10, 2012
Calgary
Putting schief on the third was a mistake. Potato/sibisa on D are hard to watch. If lines were kept in tact we would have won. Wheeler line looks good. Pionk looked good too same with bro

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Putting schief on the third was a mistake. Potato/sibisa on D are hard to watch. If lines were kept in tact we would have won. Wheeler line looks good. Pionk looked good too same with bro
After that first period if Maurice would have left all the lines the same he would have gotten roasted like crazy . Good the coach tries to do something to wake the team up and it seemed to work , the Jets played much better in the 2nd and 3rd periods .

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You don't win many games when you spot the other teams 2 goals and then only score 1.

That first period stunk. But I liked the Jets bounce-back in the rest of the game. Just couldn't put a second one in the net.

KB1971

Dec 15, 2017
When the Jets come up against teams totally committed to winning every battle, they look bad.

55 just does not battle and play with any speed like a couple years ago. Below the goal line yes, but everywhere else, not so much.

I took the line change as and effort to balance those two lines. CSL was brutal in their own end, all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad