Proposal: 3 way, NSH Karlsson TOR Subban OTT Futures

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Lmao if there's anything Sens fans know it's that you should never talk about Karlsson anywhere near a Leafs fan if you don't want to hear stupid shit.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
That's Chiarelli logic. Searching for that elusive balance by killing your strength is just not a good idea.
Chiarelli logic would be trading Marner for a bunch of scraps.

Chiarelli usually never receives the best player in a trade.

I'd say of Marner, Nylander, and Subban that latter is definitively the best player now and probably the next few seasons.

Not saying you should do the trade, but Subban is hardly a bad option if you were to move someone.

Just an outside opinion. I hope the Leafs don't do that to be honest.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Sure I have the fact is in terms of value:
Subban > Karlsson > Marner

Hope that helps
> symbols dont mean jack ****. Try providing some actual FACTS, that involve numbers that can back up your "claim" help. Otherwise you aint got ****

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
In terms of on ice impact as of right now, sure. But when it comes to value to the teams, specifically Toronto, I wouldn’t move Marner for either of those two.

That's hilarious.

Subban/Karlsson>Marner isn't something that you even need to prove with facts because anybody who isn't extremely biased and knows anything about these players will acknowledge it.

> symbols dont mean jack ****. Try providing some actual FACTS, that involve numbers that can back up your "claim" help. Otherwise you aint got ****

2011 was the last year that neither Subban nor Karlsson was a finalist for the Norris Trophy.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
A. Why does Nashville trade Subban with 4 years left for Karlsson...a purely iffensive D with one year left before making more than Subban?

B. No thank you to moving Marner.

In my opinion, Karllson is better defensively than Subban. Karlsson is a better puck mover and a bit more creative where Subban has a cannon of a shot which is great for Nashvilles PP. I don't necessarily think Nashville is a fit for Karlsson but that's just me

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Players that are top 10 Dmen in the world are better than wingers that aren’t even the best forwards on their team

LoovTrain

Stanley... Come Home
May 6, 2015
Toronto
Us stupid Leaf fans will stupidly keep our little 20 year old winger and enjoy watching him Mitchslap the league while the other two players in this deal mosey on off into sunset over the next 5 years.

Reactions: therealkoho

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I can see the logic for Toronto and Ottawa, but don't see why Nashville would go for this

It only makes sense, if you subscribe to the viewpoint that Subban is a locker room problem, and removing him helps the team. None of us know the truth, but there is no hockey reason to move him for sure. Having said that, if Nashville is moving on from him, I'd be a very wary buyer.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Chiarelli logic would be trading Marner for a bunch of scraps.

Chiarelli usually never receives the best player in a trade.

I'd say of Marner, Nylander, and Subban that latter is definitively the best player now and probably the next few seasons.

Not saying you should do the trade, but Subban is hardly a bad option if you were to move someone.

Just an outside opinion. I hope the Leafs don't do that to be honest.

And you'll be ok with trading Pastrnak for a 30 year old star? I'm sure you will be.

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
That's hilarious.

Subban/Karlsson>Marner isn't something that you even need to prove with facts because anybody who isn't extremely biased and knows anything about these players will acknowledge it.

2011 was the last year that neither Subban nor Karlsson was a finalist for the Norris Trophy.
Wasn't the thing he was arguing was that Karlsson > Subban lol

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Meh...I don't agree

I find it funny you are trying to show value of a player by points when the senators beat the leafs 4 times last year. Wins are what matter, so that clearly makes the send a better team.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I find it funny you are trying to show value of a player by points when the senators beat the leafs 4 times last year. Wins are what matter, so that clearly makes the send a better team.
Karlsson was going to cry

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Players that are top 10 Dmen in the world are better than wingers that aren’t even the best forwards on their team
so Marner is somehow less good because the Leafs happen to have an even better elite forward in Matthews on the team? Guess that shows Malkin can't be that good as he isn't even the best center on his team. Subban isn't even the best defenseman on his team, so that must really hurt him. Also the point of trades is to go by value, not who is currently better.

LOUISVILLE ICE CARDS

Washed up College Hockey Player OSU18 Uofl 2021
May 7, 2013
Louisville Kentucky
It only makes sense, if you subscribe to the viewpoint that Subban is a locker room problem, and removing him helps the team. None of us know the truth, but there is no hockey reason to move him for sure. Having said that, if Nashville is moving on from him, I'd be a very wary buyer.

The thing is subban is not a locker room problem. The team coach and players have all shot this down i don’t know why we have to keep going back and forward with this. Laviolette shut it down, the players went to the GM and said that they want to keep the core together, and the team voted him for the King Clancy trophy. This whole locker room cancer with the Pred is complete BS. Nashville is not trading Subban

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
this is gold. Other than the outright lie about the season series
Toronto: 49 wins (T6)
Ottawa: 28 wins (30)

guess we know who is the better team

Reactions: Kelly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad