Proposal: 3 way, NSH Karlsson TOR Subban OTT Futures

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I have been running this rumor in my mind and I believe this is how the deal goes:

Nashville: Karlsson

Toronto: Subban

Ottawa: Marner plus other assorted futures

What is causing me pause is what Ottawa wants for futures considering their financial and owner considerations.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Matthews, Nylander,Marner are not available. Try again next year.Hint- answer will be the same

thread/

That means there’s an absolute zero chance you get a guy like Subban, right?

Gotta give to get and assorted lesser bits don’t get the job done. I get liking Marner a lot but it’s not like you’re not getting an elite player back.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
That's Chiarelli logic. Searching for that elusive balance by killing your strength is just not a good idea.

The Leafs would still be loaded at center. What are you talking about.

It's a horrible comparison. Chiarelli traded the team's best player, and it was not an area of strength. The current Leafs roster has tons of depth... Except on D. Which that trade addresses in spades.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
The Leafs would still be loaded at center. What are you talking about.

It's a horrible comparison. Chiarelli traded the team's best player, and it was not an area of strength. The current Leafs roster has tons of depth... Except on D. Which that trade addresses in spades.

Who is even talking about centres? Marner is a winger. Trading him would definitely hurt the offensive depth of the team.

Also, Chiarelli traded Hall. He didn't trade McDavid. Not yet anyway.

Even Seguin wasn't the best player on the Bruins team.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Lol at Ottawa fans thinking they aren't going to get f***ed on a Karlsson deal.

Asking for Marner +? Hahahaha if that's what you guys are expecting, I can't wait to see the outrage over the trade. If it even gets done, maybe he goes to UFA for free

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I have been running this rumor in my mind and I believe this is how the deal goes:

Nashville: Karlsson

Toronto: Subban

Ottawa: Marner plus other assorted futures

What is causing me pause is what Ottawa wants for futures considering their financial and owner considerations.
A. Why does Nashville trade Subban with 4 years left for Karlsson...a purely iffensive D with one year left before making more than Subban?

B. No thank you to moving Marner.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
That's Chiarelli logic. Searching for that elusive balance by killing your strength is just not a good idea.

Not really, the logic is sound but the execution is horrendous because Chiarelli sucks at his job.

I don't really get why Leafs fans would be 100% against moving a Nylander when they're getting a player like Subban back but then this place tends to heavily over rate prospects.

LOL just above me there's a Leafs fan claiming Marner>Subban and Karlsson.

Now that is Chiarelli level.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad