Proposal: 3 way, NSH Karlsson TOR Subban OTT Futures

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It also makes sense if the Nashville Predators are truly committed to signing John Tavares in three weeks time. Erik Karlsson's salary is $2.5m less than Subban's and the lack of term on the deal allows them to commit to Tavares first. This trade would give them the entire season to decide what they want to do with Erik Karlsson and their other valuable impending FAs. Secondly, they'd kind of be a contender.

I don't buy that strategy. A top pairing D has more effect on the game, than a top C. Especially if Nashville has Turris and Johansen still. 24 minutes of a top D, effectively given away for maybe 18 minutes of a top C. It would make far more sense to trade away one of Turris or Johansen, for a more cost effective #3C, and keep the strength on Defense. Make the trade for mostly cost controlled young assets, if you are going for Tavares. But you don't trade away Subban, for EK, and then not have the cap space to sign him... EK is going to want $2-3 mil per more than PK is getting now... that just doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

LOUISVILLE ICE CARDS

Washed up College Hockey Player OSU18 Uofl 2021
May 7, 2013
Louisville Kentucky
It probably is BS, though what people say publicly, doesn't always mean much. But, there is no other reason to trade him, you'd have to admit that... that if he's on the block ,somethings wrong. Doubt he's on the block, but if he was, not a good sign on this topic.
He’s not on the block though. David Poile listens to every offer that is offered. He’s never had untouchable players. If he were traded it would be for a huge over payment. Poile would only trade if it would benefit the team now. That’s why it won’t happen. The whole P.K. is on the block is over blown too. When it come to David Poile everyone is on the block because he isn’t afraid to trade anyone, as long as it benefits the team

Reactions: topshelf15

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
depending on circumstances, there are two Leafs who are definitely not available one of them would be AM the other is MM

not saying the Leafs wouldn't trade the magician, but the return would have to be outstanding, love me some PK but not worth losing Marner over plus future's(?)

jeebuzz

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You need to learn to use Google or stop your selective vision. Last year..Sens we 2-0 in preseason and 2-2 regular season. That makes 4-2 for last year.
no one includes the preseason when they compare the records between two teams.

the leafs went 6-0 against the habs last season (including the preseason). if someone said that to you, you would have said something revolving around the narrative " the preseason doesn't matter only leaf fans think that". you would probably say we had a losing record against them last season, which would be, unsurprisingly, false.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
no one includes the preseason when they compare the records between two teams.

the leafs went 6-0 against the habs last season (including the preseason). if someone said that to you, you would have said something revolving around the narrative " the preseason doesn't matter only leaf fans think that". you would probably say we had a losing record against them last season, which would be, unsurprisingly, false.
Funny they show up in the sports pages and on the record books, but they don't matter to the leafs cause they don't have to show up...a lot like the playoffs.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wouldn't trade Subban for Karlsson today from the Nashville POV. Sure, Karlsson at his peak was scary-good, but I'm not sure if he's at his peak anymore, and if he does get signed again after the trade it is going to be a max-term deal with $$$ that are bigger than Subban's. That's a risk factor. Our team is doing fine with Subban, I'd stand pat there and not roll the dice on Karlsson.

Leafsguard

Feb 1, 2018
Not really, the logic is sound but the execution is horrendous because Chiarelli sucks at his job.

I don't really get why Leafs fans would be 100% against moving a Nylander when they're getting a player like Subban back but then this place tends to heavily over rate prospects.

LOL just above me there's a Leafs fan claiming Marner>Subban and Karlsson.

Now that is Chiarelli level.
I'm not going to rate who is greater but as a Leafs fan we don't need another puck moving dman. Sure the "proposal" would work if we needed a puck moving dman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad