GDT: 3/7/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Calgary vs Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
jbb buying during this turd of a game is hilarious
I can't imagine him paying that price if he's not planning to sign Duclair. I'd be okay with that. If it's a pure rental, we're just cooked. We're giving up assets that could help us improve the team when it might have a shot again.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I can't imagine him paying that price if he's not planning to sign Duclair. I'd be okay with that. If it's a pure rental, we're just cooked. We're giving up assets that could help us improve the team when it might have a shot again.
He's already making 3, and he's not even worth that. I dread what JBB is gonna give him

Reactions: Tampa22

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Wait, we had the net empty?

Just feels like Coop torturing the team instead of going for the goal

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

I'd only be okay with that if it's a good deal
He's already making 3, and he's not even worth that. I dread what JBB is gonna give him

This, trading for guys on the verge of free agency is not a prudent way to drive down contract demands

Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He's been pretty good with non-core contracts. Of course he might be pitted against the open market on this one...

I mean, if this is a pure rental, I'm a lot closer to the "fire JBB" train. Still not on it, but I feel like spending assets on this year is just throwing them away. Not opposed to spending assets on the future, mind you. Only talking about if this is a pure rental.

JBB doesn't like renting, so this would be a strange season to change his mind on that.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'd only be okay with that if it's a good deal

This, trading for guys on the verge of free agency is not a prudent way to drive down contract demands
At this point he's handcuffed to wait and see if Hanafin is still a thing and then has to pay Stamkos. There isn't going yo be 3+ left for Duclair. So JBB traded a 3rd and prospect for what? 20 games of Duclair and not even making the playoffs.

Reactions: Fan from AK

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Leave State of the Union, flips back over, sees score.

Opens new bottle of Russian Standard.

We done.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Ace!

Oh man, did you see that? There were fans smiling after that Ace goal.

Some of ya'll should try that sometime.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
At this point he's handcuffed to wait and see if Hanafin is still a thing and then has to pay Stamkos. There isn't going yo be 3+ left for Duclair. So JBB traded a 3rd and prospect for what? 20 games of Duclair and not even making the playoffs.
Yeah...take the keys away from grandpa before he really hurts someone

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4