Reactions: Master P

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Totally way out prognostication - Vasy lets in 3 goals minimum

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
i predict.....a lot of really funny jeannot jokes that no one ever gets sick of seeing.
I'm not in that boat. Poor guy, the Predators GM steals our GM, and the blame here's Jeannot. He get some bad luck with injuries and is not a player to produce points, could be with lucky a Tom Wilson type, but not eating those minutes so his production will decrease.
I'm really wish he heals and produce and shut up some fans who don't like that kind of players.

Reactions: Outl4w

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I'm not in that boat. Poor guy, the Predators GM steals our GM, and the blame here's Jeannot. He get some bad luck with injuries and is not a player to produce points, could be with lucky a Tom Wilson type, but not eating those minutes so his production will decrease.
I'm really wish he heals and produce and shut up some fans who don't like that kind of players.
We like enforcers just not 4th line enforcers you gave up enough to get a legit top2 defenseman or top 6 forward for. You can sign enforcers for free. Andre Roy and Dingman were loved here.

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
We like enforcers just not 4th line enforcers you gave up enough to get a legit top2 defenseman or top 6 forward for. You can sign enforcers for free. Andre Roy and Dingman were loved here.
Of course I agree with you, but come on everyone is against him and writing and writing, and in his career never show a signal of be the next Crosby. It's the worst trade in TB history but people needs to complain for the mind behind that. Plenty of enforcers out there to sign for the half of money who can easily play the 4th line role but JBB made that move and is the one who need the blame, not the poor guy.

Reactions: aylib and Outl4w

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
worst trade of lightning history is still the dan boyle trade to SJ, sorry.

runner up: brad richards trade
Oh buddy. Heck you for ever mentioning that. After many years I burned it out of my mind that it ever happened. I hope the next time you microwave a hot pocket or burrito, it's still frozen in the center. Dude I was NOT prepared to be hurt like this again.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoek and Outl4w

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Oh buddy. Heck you for ever mentioning that. After many years I burned it out of my mind that it ever happened. I hope the next time you microwave a hot pocket or burrito, it's still frozen in the center. Dude I was NOT prepared to be hurt like this again.

We traded Dan Boyle for Matt Carle.
We traded Matt Carle for Steve Downie.
We traded Steve Downie for Kyle Quincey.
We traded Kyle Quincey for Andrei Vasilevskiy.

Worked out pretty well in my eyes.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Yeah trading actual great roster players for junk will always be worse than a bunch of picks.
100%. I've come around to the school of thought that draft picks are pretty overrated in value, particularly for a team that will be drafting in the back third of the first round anyways.

Granted we've traded a bunch in recent years, but you have to go all the way back to the 2017 draft to find a player that's currently making an impact on our team - Nick Perbix. The miss rate, particularly outside of the first round, is extremely high.

Of course, there are drafts like our 2011 draft where you can hit on a bunch, but.. it's extremely rare. For the most part, I'd say you're lucky if you get one player like Jeannot* out of a draft where you're outside the top 20 picks.

It's a bad value trade because you likely could have fetched more, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if none of the picks traded ever makes a dent in the NHL. It's a total crapshoot.

*Like Jeannot was projecting to be at the time of the trade, and still can be if he can stay healthy

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
100%. I've come around to the school of thought that draft picks are pretty overrated in value, particularly for a team that will be drafting in the back third of the first round anyways.

Granted we've traded a bunch in recent years, but you have to go all the way back to the 2017 draft to find a player that's currently making an impact on our team - Nick Perbix. The miss rate, particularly outside of the first round, is extremely high.

Of course, there are drafts like our 2011 draft where you can hit on a bunch, but.. it's extremely rare. For the most part, I'd say you're lucky if you get one player like Jeannot* out of a draft where you're outside the top 20 picks.

It's a bad value trade because you likely could have fetched more, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if none of the picks traded ever makes a dent in the NHL. It's a total crapshoot.

*Like Jeannot was projecting to be at the time of the trade, and still can be if he can stay healthy
My thought process is that basically anything beyond the 3rd round in any draft is a pipedream of becoming an above average impact NHLer. Sure, you can get great players at any slot in the draft (especially if you're smart + some luck), it just seems to be quite hard to find it much beyond the 3rd round.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00