GDT: 3/7/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Calgary vs Tampa Bay

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This is a great post. Time to move on from Cooper
I'm willing to give him the offseason to tear up the playbook and get together with JFBB. He has earned my trust enough to do that. Short of a coaching change he'd have to blow up everything now and start from 0 and that would be crazy to do

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
I'm on board with moving in from Coop. It's time. The team needs a new voice, system and complete overhaul of the coaching staff
1709862496238.jpeg

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I was actually about to post about how we need Vasy to regress back to his 2021 self if we stand a chance of doing anything this season, but it's a foregone conclusion at this point.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I was actually about to post about how we need Vasy to regress back to his 2021 self if we stand a chance of doing anything this season, but it's a foregone conclusion at this point.
We just don't have the players for that man.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
It looks that bad because 99% of our game plan is "death by structure"

Whether we're ahead
Whether it's tied
Whether we're behind
Whether we're behind multiple goals

Jon Cooper has literally become Guy Boucher. We do not do one single thing that plays to the strength of our team. If Kucherov wasn't playing like 5% Gretzky every night we wouldn't have an offense at all. We'd be content to score once and keep it tied or a 1 goal game. We're so worried about INTENTIONALLY playing intentionally defense 75% of the game that we are outclassed 75% of the game.

This is what happens when "process over outcome" leads to bad outcomes
I don't know if any of this is the reason we are as bad as we are, I suspect it is, but it doesn't matter if it is or it isn't, We should move on immediately because the hammer has to come down when you're team is playing this badly at the most critical time.

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
We’re a season and a half removed from 3 consecutive finals and we’re already ready to move on from the coach?
Look at the Bolts' record since last year's ASG break. There is more to that even. They have been bad and are on the verge of missing this year's playoffs. The Islanders are on their heels, playing much better than the Bolts and getting better goaltending.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Pittsburgh getting demolished by a crappy Washington team.

That's our future if we don't change something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad