GDT: 3/29/16 @ 7 PM - vs Wild: The Most Boring GDT Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Thank you Dallas for beating the Preds in regulation ..We stay 4 up.on the Preds...but Minn only 8 back of us..If we lose out (Maybe no Keith or CC ) and MIIN getsb9/10 points they are ahead of us ..Nashville only needs 5/10 points if we lose 5 more in a row which given our depletion ...Keith suspension 4 or 5 probably. .CC probably out till playoffs.r..maybe for playoffs too...Anisimov maybe also till playoffs..And Seabs hopefully back next game bit it may be a few more..So Depleted lineup..Can we kget enough points to hold 3rd? OR do we allow Nashville and Maybe Minn to overtake us..if we get no points in the next 5 games ....the bad karma is well deserved by our slacking way too early when we had the opportunity to stack up. More points but quit on the task.

THE FLIP THE SWITCH/ONE GOAL seems like a pipe dram now.given the mess we Afind ourselves in.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Positives

Darling had a good game. Hard to keep the puck out when your bombarded with odd-man rushes.

Penalty Kill is killing penalties. Kinda important in the playoffs.

Hossa gets #499!

Negatives

WTF Keith? Cry to a ref if you don't like a non call. Don't play Punisher (Daredevil is such a good show BTW) by taking the issues into your own hand. We weren't going to win after that moment, and who knows how many more games we'll drop because of it. Stupid, immature move.

Ehroff showed why he shouldn't be playing. Icings galore and he didn't focus on defense at all. Hoping Gus can step in and return to his play from his first few weeks.

Losing 5 in a row to a team is embarrassing. Not as embarrassing as losing 4 in a row in the playoffs, but still pretty bad.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Meh, if you would have told me the Hawks would give up the first goal early and then serve 9 straight penalty minutes including Keith getting a 5 and tossed early in the first I would have never guessed we'd be tied at 1 going into the third. Not a god awful game considering all the players we were down for the duration of this game going up against a team desperate for points. Crawford, Seabrook, Anismov, Keith. All very important players to this team.

BTW, not sure if you saw on the broadcast, Foley gave a shoutout to my dads best friend who is lineing his last game on Sunday. Hawks vs. the Bruins. Gonna be at that one and also should be going to his second to last game on Friday in St. Louis... also vs. the Bruins. Met a lot of great people in this beautiful sport we call hockey, none much better than Andy McElman. :handclap:

TeddyGoalsevelt

Duke of Earl
Jun 6, 2015
The Region
I missed the game due to work. Apparently Ehrhoff didn't look all the great, and that's putting it mildly. Who was his D partner? DailyFaceoff and LeftWingLock both have him with TvR, but that was before Keith went temporarily insane.

Did the pairing change afterwards? Also, despite the two sites giving conflicting info on whether they were the second pair or third pair, both sites have the players playing on their opposite sides.

That makes me want to hit Q with a stick if true.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Kane -3
Panarin -3
TT -2

Still think this line should be together at crunch time?

As for the game:

The coverage in defensive zone was at an all time low. Wild school the Hawks once again at how to play a team game.

ANYONE who thinks this team is well coached is fooling themselves.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Some people are thinking too much about this game. They were missing Keith, Seabrook, AA, and Crawford. If you want to whine about how they've been playing in general, fine, but getting upset over this game is stupid. They even had a chance to win until the 3rd.

I don't know what the hell people are expecting when they're missing two important dmen and only have 5 for the game. Of course the pairings will be all messed up.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
Kane -3
Panarin -3
TT -2

As for the game:

The coverage in defensive zone was at an all time low. Wild school the Hawks once again at how to play a team game.

I still think so, banking on them playing together is our best shot right now. I'm also good with:

16-19-88
72-15-81

But, it's do or die time. Gotta find that chemistry they had in the first half and put forth MUCH more effort if they want to go anywhere. This team got smoking hot at a point in this season so we know they have what it takes.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Kane -3
Panarin -3
TT -2

As for the game:

empty net goal...and the rest of the game without your two best defenseman...just one game bucko

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Kane -3
Panarin -3
TT -2

As for the game:

I never thought they should be together, too much perimeter hockey.

I thought the team played pretty decent hockey defensively, until the 3rd period started.

And yes, we are losing because Q somehow forgot to coach, :help:

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I'll be a bit irrational here.

I'm pinning this loss solely on Keith. WE can go back and forth as to what player botched what play and when, but when you boil it out down that was a major, dumb-arse play by a player who should have known better, so he deserves extra blame for it. :)

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Kane -3
Panarin -3
TT -2

As for the game:

That trio is probably best off playing on three separate lines with larger/stronger line mates. One with Toews, one with Anisimov, and TT centering 3rd line with larger wingers.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
empty net goal...and the rest of the game without your two best defenseman...just one game bucko

Face it. This team relies on the core group to win and when they don't bring it, there is no team game to speak of. Wild neutralized the Blackhawks top 6 effectively, exploited the weakness of the 2nd line without the puck and their bottom 6 were dangerous all night. Darling kept it close but what occurred in the 3rd period was inevitable.

All night the Blackhawks avoided the ops blue paint like it was the plague. They were essentially playing shinny hockey. Sure, it's tough to be missing those guys but there is no excuse for the keystone cop routine we saw in our end of the ice last night.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Face it. This team relies on the core group to win and when they don't there is no team game to speak of. Wild neutralized the Blackhawks top 6 effectively, exploited the weakness of the 2nd line without the puck and their bottom 6 were dangerous all night. Darling kept it close but what occurred in the 3rd period was inevitable.

All night the Blackhawks avoided the ops blue paint like it was the plague. They were essentially playing shinny hockey. Sure, it's tough to be missing those guys but there is no excuse for the keystone cop routine we saw in our end of the ice last night.

Completely agree. But above you said the team isn't well coached. Do you honestly think Q is telling these guys to play this way? Kitchen even commented on it during intermission, that they had to get to the "house".

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Completely agree. But above you said the team isn't well coached. Do you honestly think Q is telling these guys to play this way? Kitchen even commented on it during intermission, that they had to get to the "house".

I watched the Wild feed, so missed that, but the coaches are always preaching to go to the net but it happens far too seldom. Of course the players need to be accountable as well but the disorganization I saw in our end was difficult to watch. To me it reflects a helter skelter system when players miss their assignments so often. Hawks have until Friday before the next game. Perhaps the practice time between games needs to increase. Time is running short and it is more than perplexing to see the team so far away from playing sound hockey.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
In regards to the the 72-86-88 line I think that 72 is the most concerning because he is just kind of out there. 88-86 have shown some chemistry so you could roll with that.

What about these lines?
- Each line has grind and a net front guy
- Each line has skill and the ability to cycle.
- Defensive awareness is fine with each line (TT the past two games has made 2-3 bad mistakes so I am not ignoring that).

72-19-81
16-86-88
12-15-25
11/14-22-65

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
In regards to the the 72-86-88 line I think that 72 is the most concerning because he is just kind of out there. 88-86 have shown some chemistry so you could roll with that.

What about these lines?
- Each line has grind and a net front guy
- Each line has skill and the ability to cycle.
- Defensive awareness is fine with each line (TT the past two games has made 2-3 bad mistakes so I am not ignoring that).

72-19-81
16-86-88
12-15-25
11/14-22-65
I like that, its better than what we havegoing on now...for the life of me I cant figure out qs love of ladd jt hossa all three possesion players its redundant

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
Not that this loss changed anything for me, but does anyone see the pattern here? We simply are struggling to beat any good teams that are in the playoffs. I think that's been the case over the past month or so (maybe even longer).

We basically have two games left against playoff teams. Boston and St. Louis. Both are on home ice. The other 3 games should be wins, but I won't put anything past this team after the last 2 months.

We're pretty much locked into that 3 seed similar to last season. Really the only difference between last season and this season is that we are playing much, much worse. Not too surprising since this team's roster is almost 50% different than last year's.

Most people here will probably pick us to beat the Blues if we play them. That's fair given our history and their history, but I don't know if we have enough to beat St. Louis or Dallas anymore. I thought we would've had a pretty good shot about a month and a half ago. I just don't see how we do with the kind of numbers we have unless the team is just holding back. Playoffs are a different animal, but we have had no traction going into the playoffs. I can't remember the last good two game stretch we've had against playoff teams.

One thing is for sure. This offseason, the defense better get A LOT better. Pokka will help. I'm not sure how much more talent they could've added offensively than they have right now currently, so I'm not sure what else is wrong.

The biggest benefit the Hawks will gain from an early round exit is rest. Having a whole month and a half off will do wonders for this team next season in terms of being fresh for next April.

Killer Boots Man

Jul 8, 2015
What was up with the faceoffs last night? I couldn't watch the game live, but the stat sheet shows Faceoffs Won were 32.6% us and 67.4% them?? Yikes. How'd that happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad