Injury Report: 3/25 Couture

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Not a horrible thing. Let those nerves heal up as much as possible before the playoffs start and teams begin targeting his mouth area. Edmonton would have done it tonight, for sure.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Don't get comfortable guys. Treat every game like it is your last.

Z67lwKY.gif

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I'm so happy Peter Deboer is the coach. That guy knows how to set up a foundation in place so when the playoffs happen things take care of itself. I think we're doing good. We havent peaked yet. And i am so ready to listen to another set of announcers. Looking forward to it.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
It's possible i'm entirely ignorant to this - But is there really a chance Couture misses the playoffs? I know his health is more important then hockey, but guys come back pretty quick from broken jaws with special helmets.

>>Sucks to see Couture like that, looks pretty defeated

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It's possible i'm entirely ignorant to this - But is there really a chance Couture misses the playoffs? I know his health is more important then hockey, but guys come back pretty quick from broken jaws with special helmets.

>>Sucks to see Couture like that, looks pretty defeated

He can probably play. I'd be more worried about his conditioning though. I can't imagine eating is a pleasant experience for him right now.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
If there really is no lingering head injury, it's honestly inexcusable for Couture not to play on this injury in the playoffs. Guys play on far worse.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He can probably play. I'd be more worried about his conditioning though. I can't imagine eating is a pleasant experience for him right now.

He apparently hasn't lost any weight and can eat on his back teeth. Probably isn't pleasant but hopefully there aren't conditioning issues.

The simple fact though is that it's harder to to anything when you're in pain. Gotta be a psychological aspect to an injury like that. Would make me less likely to stand in front of a Brent Burns shot.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011

Thought we could use some levity. It's hard to see Logan in his current state. Plus the situation with Jumbo, it has been a heck of a hard month to be a Sharks fan and this week has been a nightmare.

Last edited:

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
If there really is no lingering head injury, it's honestly inexcusable for Couture not to play on this injury in the playoffs. Guys play on far worse.

Yea, I really dont see the reason why he can't play. Unless its a nerve thing and taking a hit, which moved his head, would cause debilitating pain.

I was hit by a car and had my ankle run over twice and i played hockey 6 days later!

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
I want to see the damage done to his mug. Hopefully not too bad. Really feel for him, what an unfortunate and painful injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad