ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg

1708993025557.png

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'm terrible at reading these charts, but I think it's saying Gadjo is better off the rush, but Cousins is the better forcheck/cycle player
Cousins is very slightly better getting shots on the forecheck but gadjo is significantly better off the rush making Gajdo overall better

Reactions: KW

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Cousins is very slightly better getting shots on the forecheck but gadjo is significantly better off the rush making Gajdo overall better
Tell me Cuzins sucks without telling me Cuzins sucks.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Tell me Cuzins sucks without telling me Cuzins sucks.

Nick Cousins is just slightly better than the league average for forwards on shots created / 60 minutes. Luostarinen is a little under average, Stenlund is below average, and Lomberg is bad, by those metrics.

Funny, I actually think Lomberg's been good in his role this season -- best I've seen him play -- but he's clearly not generating lots of shots.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Nick Cousins is just slightly better than the league average for forwards on shots created / 60 minutes. Luostarinen is a little under average, Stenlund is below average, and Lomberg is bad, by those metrics.

Funny, I actually think Lomberg's been good in his role this season -- best I've seen him play -- but he's clearly not generating lots of shots.
That’s interesting… my eye test tells me I’d rather have Luo, Tommy, or Lomberghini before Cousins.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

I have noticed he hasn't gotten a lot of shots all year honestly but he's definitely driving that line imo with his hustle and board play.

I think he's much better on the boards than gadjo. He just isn't shooting. He's focused on every other aspect of the game which is perfectly fine

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Crazy how much love PoMo now gets after the enormous amount of hate he got lol. And so many people thought he was a bad hire from to jump too. And for so long we just kept flipping through coaches. Yeah I get the Q thing was not results based, but the point stands.

Hey Pomo, which number coach are you since Ekblad was drafted?

View attachment 825684

DAMN THAT MANY?
There were some very questionable lineup decisions in the first season that did not instill a lot of confidence in his coaching abilities.

But he brought an identity that this team was ready to pick up and thrive on. That does not mean he is a great coach. But he seems to be the RIGHT coach for this team.

Reactions: VIMMM

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
think stolarz gets this game too?
Bobby G has been on the ice a lot and prob need to start resting him when we can

Last edited:

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Crazy how much love PoMo now gets after the enormous amount of hate he got lol. And so many people thought he was a bad hire from to jump too. And for so long we just kept flipping through coaches. Yeah I get the Q thing was not results based, but the point stands.

Hey Pomo, which number coach are you since Ekblad was drafted?

View attachment 825684

DAMN THAT MANY?
i was kinda in the middle, not happy/not mad but the turning point for me lovin that hire was this:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
That’s interesting… my eye test tells me I’d rather have Luo, Tommy, or Lomberghini before Cousins.

I agree strongly. However, the thing with analytics is, once you make the decision to use analytics, you have to stick with it until you get to your destination.

If the Panthers are going with an analytics based model to determine who gets ice time and on which line (I don't know that this is the case, I'm just spitballing based on some comments Maurice has made in the past), then they're going to stick with Nick Cousins.

Reactions: KW

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

Lomberg's stats back that up. He's only at 60 shots this season compared to the 134 he had last year and 91 the year previous (in only 55 games, he's already played 58).

His ice-time is down by about 90 seconds/game so that does factor in but yes, his offensive contribution has gone down and I think that's more due to the better players around him in the bottom 6 than a knock on his play.

I've always liked what I've seen from Gadjovich, his finishing is much better than Cousin's and I wouldn't even mind trying him out in the last month or so on the 2nd line just to see what he can offer. He's much more noticeable than Cousins out there and at 25 years old there might still be something to him. He scored 46 goals in the OHL one year and had a run of 15 goals in 19 games in the AHL a couple years back so his finishing/scoring touch is definitely there. Cousins has never displayed that kind of scoring touch at any level during his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad