GDT: 3/2/24 Jackets @ Hawks 7pm Nbc sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
It's the lackadaisical shit that gets me. Half of these guys should have never sniffed the league. Half of the other half are lucky to still be in it. How do they feel so comfortable playing so soft?

Reactions: Pez68

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
I can’t wait for this season to be over. This has been brutal.
I've given up rootin for wins. I figure the Hawks have the 31 or 32 worst slots sewn up meaning they will pick somewhere in the top four, but I see winning any game as counterproductive at this point. Why not avoid the possibility of picking at four if you can do it?

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Korchinski is -24 and a pylon in his own zone.

"Seth Jones is hurrible "

Korchinksi I struggling big time. He’s as 19 and honestly should have been seasoning in the AHL this season

Jones is paid 9.5m and has the worst contract in the league. He’s terrible on the pp and offers zero offensive impact.

His contract is an anvil around this team’s neck that will haunt them for years to come.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
The lowest point total in an 82 game season was the Avs back in 2017 @ 48 points. I legitimately do not believe we’ll win enough to surpass that total, making this team the worst team of the millennium.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I get that there are back to backs and workloads but how does Richardson justify giving Soderblum the net? He’s absolutely terrible and sucks the life out of this team. He won’t play another game in the nhl after this season so why even bother?

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
We are on pace for 47
Re that Avs team they only had 166 GF where the Hawks are on pace for 168. To keep that in perspective, that year had a number of teams at sub 200 GF. Since then in 82 game seasons the lowest I believe has been 199 GF with almost all teams finishing at 200 or more GF so the Hawks have really been bad when it comes to scoring. Its an insult to call this team an NHL team.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Korchinksi I struggling big time. He’s as 19 and honestly should have been seasoning in the AHL this season

Jones is paid 9.5m and has the worst contract in the league. He’s terrible on the pp and offers zero offensive impact.

His contract is an anvil around this team’s neck that will haunt them for years to come.
As you may know Korchinski couldn't play in the A this season. But also where does this idea that he's struggling big time come from? He isn't dominating but he's playing 20+ a night and more than holding his own

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Korchinski has had a better season than Seth Jones. That's not hyperbole, and it's not saying much. But, Jones has played most of the season with the Hawks' best defenseman, and Korchinski has played with AHL fodder.... Context matters.

The fact that Vlasic has looked like a stud while his D partner has been hammered dog shit almost the entire season is a huge indictment on Jones. Vlasic has literally carried him.

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
I may be wrong but Soderblom allows a rebound on almost every shot at him. Worse rebound control of any goalie I can remember. What do the Hawks work on in practice?

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I may be wrong but Soderblom allows a rebound on almost every shot at him. Worse rebound control of any goalie I can remember. What do the Hawks work on in practice?
His blocker side is horrible as well. I think the league has figured that out. He gets beat blocker side, just above the pad and in between the arm almost every game.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Davidson is gonna have to get really creative to get Seth Jones the **** off this roster by the time we want to compete.

9.5 million for a sub-replacement level player is a tough sell, regardless of how many or few years are left.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Korchinski is -24 and a pylon in his own zone.

"Seth Jones is hurrible "

Seth Jones is, in fact, terrible. And he’s only gonna get worse as he gets older, while Korchinski’s ceiling is sky-high.

Unfortunately Jones has such negative value that the Blackhawks couldnt give him away. At least not without paying draft picks to two different teams.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Seth Jones is, in fact, terrible.
Guys who play 26 minutes a game aren't "terrible". What does anybody on a message board know that NHL coaches dont?

And he’s only gonna get worse as he gets older, while Korchinski’s ceiling is sky-hidon't?
Korchinski is a bust and shouldn't be in the NHL.

Outside of some outstanding injury, Jones>Korchinski
Unfortunately Jones has such negative value that the Blackhawks couldnt give him away. At least not without paying draft picks to two different teams.
Another strawman. Retain on Jones and teams line up for him. Ain't nobody burning up Davidsons phone for Korchinski.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Guys who play 26 minutes a game aren't "terrible". What does anybody on a message board know that NHL coaches dont?

Another strawman. Retain on Jones and teams line up for him. Ain't nobody burning up Davidsons phone for Korchinski.

Your fixation on ice time is hilarious. The idea that playing 20 minutes is impressive regardless of how well a player performs during them is nonsense. Playing like crap for 20 minutes is not inherently valueable, this isnt a cardio competition.

The fact that Seth Jones is on the ice so frequently is a large part of the reason the Blackhawks were bad enough to require a rebuild and were bad enough to tank effectively.

Korchinski is an asset other teams would give up assets for. How much is arguable.

Jones is an asset that would require the Blackhawks to package additional assets to move, in addition to retaining salary.

Korchinski is a positive-value asset.

Seth Jones contract is arguably the most negative-value asset in the entire NHL. I cant think of a player any team would have to pay more to get off their roster. Maybe Jack Campbell?

Last edited:

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022

Lamont! You big dummy!

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Your fixation on ice time is hilarious.
My fixation? Try the coaches.

The idea that playing 20 minutes is impressive regardless of how well a player performs during them is nonsense. Playing like crap for 20 minutes is not inherently valueable, this isnt a cardio competition.
100% hyperbole.

First it's "Bedard needs good players around him" but that same demanding statement suddenly doesn't apply to Seth Jones?

The fact that Seth Jones is on the ice so frequently is a large part of the reason the Blackhawks were bad enough to require a rebuild and were bad enough to tank effectively.
More hyperbole. Seth Jones isn't the problem, the GM is.

Seth Jones didnt trade away a 30 and two time 40 goal scorer.

Korchinski is an asset other teams would give up assets for. How much is arguable.
Ain't nobody giving up assets for Kevin Korchinski. Nobody.

Look, I've heard all the excuses and seen all the rose colored replies. The fact is he's a defensive liability who was supposed to bring offense and hasn't done that, either. Can he grow into it? Sure.

Will he? Probably not unless they send him to the A to work on his defensive awareness and if that happened, he's only coming back to the nhl if there's injuries.

Jones is an asset that would require the Blackhawks to package additional assets to move, in addition to retaining salary.
LOL

Davidson retains and there's a line of teams bidding for him.....

Korchinski is a positive-value asset.
.....Korchinski hits the block and there's a couple GMs with the delusion of "I can fix him".

Seth Jones contract is arguably the most negative-value asset in the entire NHL. I cant think of a player any team would have to pay more to get off their roster. Maybe Jack Campbell?
Maybe Taylor Hall?
Tinordi?
Half this Blackhawks team?

Seth Jones, again, ain't the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad