GDT: 3/2/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Montréal vs Tampa Bay

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
I'm happy about the two points. I'll be happier when I'm sure that JBB hasn't used a lame win like this as an excuse to further decimate the farm system or the draft board. If he can weaponize the LTIR cap space for some hockey trades or to take on assets or picks, that's fine, but that's it. Oh, and he should still trade Stamkos and Coop needs to go.
I liked everything you said except Coop. Coop's not a miracle worker.

wow what a win. this has convinced me we are winning the cup. time to trade the farm for tommy novak
Don't you dare touch Tanner Jeannot...

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
I forgot this was the bolts board and I'm only allowed to be negative.
"I had pulled out one of my eyes by mid 1st period- ... ."
---Bolts Board

I mean, I don't want him to end up like Boogaard, Rypien or Belak. He's a 21 year old kid, he doesn't know better. He sees this as an opportunity to be an NHL player. An adult should tell him it's not smart.
I agree.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
I liked everything you said except Coop. Coop's not a miracle worker.
It isn't about Coop being a miracle worker and it isn't even really about Coop. It's about limited options and doing what you can to wake up a team. The core of the group has been listening to the same voice for more than 10 years and I don't care who you are or how good you are, at some point your message gets stale and repetitive.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
We won and barely bear an awful team. We need to take the win and keep improving.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
We're 17th in the league against the top half of the league and 17th against the bottom half.

This team is average as f*** and isn't gonna do shit if they make the playoffs.

Gonna be so many surprised Pikachus in here in a couple months.
is there anyone on this board that thinks this is some amazing team? the people who think we should buy are more just hoping for a miracle 1% chance run where vasy wakes up from his coma and kuch scores 3 points per game.

it's just not that fun being negative all the time imo. if we hadn't just won 2 cups i would get it but with the way things are i'm happy to just keep going all in until we can't anymore. starting a rebuild with kucherov at age 30 now that would be ridiculous

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
is there anyone on this board that thinks this is some amazing team? the people who think we should buy are more just hoping for a miracle 1% chance run where vasy wakes up from his coma and kuch scores 3 points per game.

it's just not that fun being negative all the time imo. if we hadn't just won 2 cups i would get it but with the way things are i'm happy to just keep going all in until we can't anymore. starting a rebuild with kucherov at age 30 now that would be ridiculous
Yeah I guess the middle ground for me is we shouldn't spend a ton of assets just to add for this season. We need to set ourselves up to make a stronger run the next couple seasons before Kucherov starts slowing down.

Reactions: ccman68

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Barely squeezed a win against probably the second worst team in the league. Good for them but they just look cooked.
I would say Montreal is probably 4th or 5th worst. Chicago, San Jose, Anaheim, and Columbus all there too. But we struggled with Chicago and Columbus, so not great. Lightning are definitely the schizophrenic team who can beat anyone but lose to anyone.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Good comeback after a terrible start. Glad they are off until Thursday so they get some rest and a practice or two.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
I would say Montreal is probably 4th or 5th worst. Chicago, San Jose, Anaheim, and Columbus all there too. But we struggled with Chicago and Columbus, so not great. Lightning are definitely the schizophrenic team who can beat anyone but lose to anyone.
Montreal played really good most of the game and it hurt that we were very bad in the first period.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We are a bad match up for a few good teams, but in general, we tend to catch good teams off-guard early, but they rally and overwhelm us late. We have a lot of hallmarks of a "young" team right now, even if the reasons we look this way aren't because we are a young team.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
I forgot this was the bolts board and I'm only allowed to be negative.
You cheerlead for the team every game night with the unconditional love of a parent. Your negativity is reserved for the fans who try to view the team with any sense of objectivity - what you call a hater.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
You cheerlead for the team every game night with the unconditional love of a parent. Your negativity is reserved for the fans who try to view the team with any sense of objectivity - what you call a hater.
shouldn't you still be mad the team won?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad