GDT: 3/2/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Montréal vs Tampa Bay

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Fuming for what? That pathetic effort? This game should never have gotten here all because the team decided to only play for 1.25 periods. Congrats they barely won against one of the worst teams in the league. Pat yourselves on the back.
Idk what to tell you my friend. We've been playing 1.25 periods of hockey for almost 3 years now

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I forgot this was the bolts board and I'm only allowed to be negative.
Its not even that, good they won, but holy shit this isn't the game to jump up and down for. I can't even remember the last game they dominated. Every win has been a struggle and we have been playing non playoff teams.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Vasy played the SO really well. Some shots weren't great, but glad he stepped up
Maybe that's what he needed for a reset, the pressure. Simplistic and grasping, I know, but stranger things have happened and the guy was the best in the world not too long ago.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
All the negativity but this team still came back and won from a 2-0 deficit.

Stop focusing on the bad, 30 years of watching this team and nobody ever thinks they are good enough. Just be happy, we won!
I'm happy about the two points. I'll be happier when I'm sure that JBB hasn't used a lame win like this as an excuse to further decimate the farm system or the draft board. If he can weaponize the LTIR cap space for some hockey trades or to take on assets or picks, that's fine, but that's it. Oh, and he should still trade Stamkos and Coop needs to go.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Vasi is always good at the shootout even when he's bad I wouldn't take away too much from that as skaters play it very differently from a real breakaway

Why the f*** is Hedman not in our top 3 shooters for SO's???? DUmb it took this long
Yeah while watching live I was like he's gotta put Hedman in he's the last good shooter we have left

Reactions: aylib and Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'm happy about the two points. I'll be happier when I'm sure that JBB hasn't used a lame win like this as an excuse to further decimate the farm system or the draft board. If he can weaponize the LTIR cap space for some hockey trades or to take on assets or picks, that's fine, but that's it. Oh, and he should still trade Stamkos and Coop needs to go.

I just find it amusing that we don't have more reasonable expectations. We've been complaining about how horrible this team is for so long now, you'd think making the postseason would be an accomplishment.

I wouldn't worry about dealing the farm, we have no farm or picks. If he deals our 2026 1st I'll get in the conga line of people who are furious over this season.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
I just find it amusing that we don't have more reasonable expectations. We've been complaining about how horrible this team is for so long now, you'd think making the postseason would be an accomplishment.

I wouldn't worry about dealing the farm, we have no farm or picks. If he deals our 2026 1st I'll get in the conga line of people who are furious over this season.
It seems to me that you are responding to the wrong person about expectations. Mine were never particularly high to begin with and my concern is more focused on the future, which is why I don't want JBB doing anything stupid to prop up a team that has proven to be not worthy of that kind of investment. Having said that, our roster is still quite qood on paper and the team that we are seeing now is an absolute shit show, For there to be seemingly no consideration whatsoever of moving Stammer and dismissing Coop is outrageous to me. Stammers situation is cancerous and a coaching change could be a catalyst to get the most out of what we've got. It is foolish not to try.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
It seems to me that you are responding to the wrong person about expectations. Mine were never particularly high to begin with and my concern is more focused on the future, which is why I don't want JBB doing anything stupid to prop up a team that has proven to be not worthy of that kind of investment. Having said that, our roster is still quite qood on paper and the team that we are seeing now is an absolute shit show, For there to be seemingly no consideration whatsoever of moving Stammer and dismissing Coop is outrageous to me. Stammers situation is cancerous and a coaching change could be a catalyst to get the most out of what we've got. It is foolish not to try.

I wasn't responding to you when I made the original post

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Don't know what I'm missing and don't want to get into a big thing about it but if you go back and check, it sure looks like you were responding directly to my post.
When I was speaking about negativity I wasn't speaking about you. After you responded and I re-responded, I was still talking about Lightning fans in general, not you

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00