0jUqULR.png

MmMGcrO.png

faAGcWW.png

hef38Ow.png

Reactions: StammerHammer

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The teams below us have games in hand. It's gonna be a fight to get in.

Reactions: Byrddog

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Montreal is free points...a team with no defense, no offense and no goaltending. They can't mess this up right?

• Wow
Reactions: Byrddog

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Should I set up a GoFundMe so y'all will contribute to keep me away from this board and watching the game?

Nah, I'm going to watch it. The Marty's 4 Bolts 1.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Well, it's clearly looking like it's going to be an 82-game requirement to reach the playoffs because this team is incapable of getting legitimate separation from the pack beneath, and the teams above them are getting further and further away. Once the league catches up in the GP department in the next two weeks, Detroit might be out of reach in 4th place (Toronto already is at this point) and all those teams 5-8 points back but with 3-5 games in hand will probably be breathing down this team's neck.

JBB needs to resist the urge to buy, this team just isn't good.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
If we lose we should listen to offers kn everyone outside of kuch,hagel,hedman, Sergachev and point. I am starting to think think one of two things Vasi was a product of our defense and wasn't as good as we thought or he isn't ready to play every night and our defense isn't doing him any favors. He looks awful right now.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Montreal is free points...a team with no defense, no offense and no goaltending. They can't mess this up right?
We have no defense and no offense. So they have a chance. Just win stop the losing

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
If we lose we should listen to offers kn everyone outside of kuch,hagel,hedman, Sergachev and point. I am starting to think think one of two things Vasi was a product of our defense and wasn't as good as we thought or he isn't ready to play every night and our defense isn't doing him any favors. He looks awful right now.
I don't think he was a product of our defense we used to give up a ton of breakaways and stupid chances and he'd bail us out. He still makes some big saves down low with his legs but is letting in routine shots from distance that he didn't use to let in remotely near as often in the past (there were head scratchers here and there but not almost every game like he does now).

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I don't think he was a product of our defense we used to give up a ton of breakaways and stupid chances and he'd bail us out. He still makes some big saves down low with his legs but is letting in routine shots from distance that he didn't use to let in remotely near as often in the past (there were head scratchers here and there but not almost every game like he does now).
My point exactly. He was either overrated by everyone or he isn't ready. I am fine with giving him another year before exploring options because goalies go through ups and downs.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, Vasy had flaws, like any other goalie (I remember he lost a lot of pucks near his body, after they hit him), but he was undoubtedly the best at some things. Like, he was the best at getting the better of a shooter square. You just very, very rarely saw a shot beat him if he had time to square up to it. Now he seems pretty average with that.

Of course, there are the shots from distance that he just can't seem to track, especially if he has to deal with any traffic whatsoever. This seems to have gotten a little better than where it was early this year, and let's not even talk about vs. Toronto in the playoffs.

He still seems to have all the athleticism he ever did. That's what makes this stretch of play so puzzling. It's like he's lost his depth perception. (I'm not actually suggesting that that has happened, because undoubtedly the team would be all over it; I'm just saying, it's weird because it appears to have nothing to do with a loss in physical ability.)

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad