GDT: 3/16/13 - Minnesota @ Colorado - 2:00 PM CDT - FSN

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I realize Heatley had 2 assist this last game, but he still did not look good, at all. Brodziak worked pretty hard as well as Clutterbuck, but Heatley, is nothing short of a giant anchor.

I wouldn't mind seeing Zucker or Butch on the third, and the other on the second linem and really, let Heatley sit a game or two. Just to see what happens. Christ, we've tried out every other line combo possible, sat players who have worked far harder, so why not let that slow beast sit, he's definitely earned it.

Heatley's not going to sit. Yeo's not going to do that, and to be honest, I think he'd probably just be begging for trouble if he scratched Heatley. Not saying it wouldn't be earned, but it's not going to happen. I don't think Heatley's poor performances are due to attitude, but to physical reasons which unfortunately can't be addressed until the off-season.

THEALLKNOWING*

Nice to see Cal Clutterbuck finally score a goal this year shooting the puck. First two were tips btw. 1 goal per what 500 shots (99% of what Greenlay says are passes are really shots). He needs to take some of the tipped-curve off his stick because he has one of the best wristers on the team. As my wife asked, I wonder if he is one of those people who you can suggest something to, but they don't listen.

Every time Spurgeon gets an assist or goal I cringe. Because the coaches are going to love what he does offensively. But he is so poor defensively. And ever time he is on the PP I am just waiting for him to not be able to keep the puck in the zone, or pinch-in and the other team gets a break-away. Again, a mini-Brent Burns.

Heatley for some reason looks like a new man out there. I am loving Cullen's play, and hope the streaky player can keep it going the rest of the year. If not, I would like his play to drop-off the next game, stay there until the trade deadline, then get rid of him. I hope Bouchard picks-up it up, not just a one-game wonder, and if possible they still trade him before the deadline. Cullen has a shot at being here next year, but PMB zero, so get rid of him now to build for the future.

I am a bit concerned that Yeo seemingly rides the Backstrom train about a game or two, too long this year. Hackett/Keumper need to be mixed-in for experience, and to relieve the game-weary Backstrom. Playoffs are a marathon, assuming the Wild get lucky, and Backstrom can't be out of gas before you get there.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Holy **** guys, We have the 21st ranked offense now in Goals For!

pitbull-bud-light-o.gif

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
That was absolutely beautiful guys. I am speechless after that performance. I want this every game. Yeah a couple sloppy goals against but entertaining nonetheless. Mediocrity is over and it feels incredible. Keep the party movin!

Billy Mays Here*

Getting closer to middle of the league in scoring, which is where I was hoping they'd end up.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
heatley hit 2 posts resulting in 2A and thats a bad game? hmmmm. i thought it was very interesting heatley was unhappy w clutterbuck not passing on the 3rd per 2 on 1. backstrom is cooling off imo. big 2 points. it will be tuff to beat both the nucks & wings. i'll be happy with one win. cheers.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
heatley hit 2 posts resulting in 2A and thats a bad game? hmmmm. i thought it was very interesting heatley was unhappy w clutterbuck not passing on the 3rd per 2 on 1. backstrom is cooling off imo. big 2 points. it will be tuff to beat both the nucks & wings. i'll be happy with one win. cheers.

I remember this, and remmeber being like "You better not pass dammit!!!" Thank God he didn't.

THose are shots we pass too often on, and they just get broken up more often than not. Butch is one of the few who can pull that filthy saucer off, and make that work.

We need to practice 2 on 1's and 3 on 2's BTW. We kinda suck overall on them.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
It's probably just me, but did anyone else think Spurgeon looked like crap in the defensive zone?

He's alright on the pp, but he's sooo bad playing actual d. If possible, worse this year than last. I know he was partly responsible for at least 2 of the goals scored against us yesterday. Why Yeo has that d pairing out against that Avs line was beyond me, and it kept happening too.

I'm kind of hoping Clark will knock the little Spurg down to maybe special teams (pp only), Falk/Stoner - 5/6, Clark/Gilbert - 3/4. At least defensively those lines would be stronger.

Backs and Spurgeon were the weak links during the game. Poor Backs, imo, might be just getting overworked and could use a little rest.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
This is the Koivu we have all been waiting for these past few games. The entire team has gone into beast mode and it's amazing to watch. FINALLY

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale

When did Heater say he was unhappy with it. I didn't really see an obvious pass though. I do remember Brodziak making a pass out front from behind the net that Clutter shot right into the goalie that was heading for Heater if Clutter had let it go by. I would have actually liked Clutter to have held it and passed it to Heater as it would have been a 2 on 0 but Clutter doesn't think that way.

THEALLKNOWING*

It's probably just me, but did anyone else think Spurgeon looked like crap in the defensive zone?

He's alright on the pp, but he's sooo bad playing actual d. If possible, worse this year than last. I know he was partly responsible for at least 2 of the goals scored against us yesterday. Why Yeo has that d pairing out against that Avs line was beyond me, and it kept happening too.

I'm kind of hoping Clark will knock the little Spurg down to maybe special teams (pp only), Falk/Stoner - 5/6, Clark/Gilbert - 3/4. At least defensively those lines would be stronger.

Backs and Spurgeon were the weak links during the game. Poor Backs, imo, might be just getting overworked and could use a little rest.

Spurgeon most times looks like crap in the defensive zone. No one pays attention though because they are looking at what he does offensively.

Like I said earlier, I think Yeo needs to learn not the ride the horse (Backstrom) too long.

Billy Mays Here*

Heatley's getting really lazy out there though. I counted many plays in that game where he put very little effort into back checking or playing any sort of defense whatsoever. Once or twice there he watched a pass go by instead of trying to intercept it. I'd love to see him get benched for a little bit and have Zucker take his spot. Wish Yeo would have the balls to do it.

THEALLKNOWING*

Watch CC closely when he has the puck. 1 out of ten times, and I am being generous with that ratio, he looks to pass. He is always throwing crap at the net.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
Watch CC closely when he has the puck. 1 out of ten times, and I am being generous with that ratio, he looks to pass. He is always throwing crap at the net.

it wouldn't be so bad if he would hit the net and at least give Heater a shot at the rebound. Missing two feet high and wide just completely negates the opportunity and more often then not results in the puck going the other way.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
it wouldn't be so bad if he would hit the net and at least give Heater a shot at the rebound. Missing two feet high and wide just completely negates the opportunity and more often then not results in the puck going the other way.

this....this....this....

i am all for guys putting the puck on the net, either ya get a rebound chance, score, or get a faceoff in the offensive zone. Clutterbuck is pretty much a clone of Mittens right now, but with less puck handling ability.

"Cal shoots! and high and wide!"

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
This is the Koivu we have all been waiting for these past few games. The entire team has gone into beast mode and it's amazing to watch. FINALLY

Oh my god he's being positive.

I better go outside and make sure the sky isn't falling and pigs arent flying.

I am excited about tomorrow nights game, even if it is going to start in the dead of night.

Friggin pacific time zone.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Heatley's getting really lazy out there though. I counted many plays in that game where he put very little effort into back checking or playing any sort of defense whatsoever. Once or twice there he watched a pass go by instead of trying to intercept it. I'd love to see him get benched for a little bit and have Zucker take his spot. Wish Yeo would have the balls to do it.

He's so lazy he had more minutes than any forward. I don't see a benching in his future. I do know yeo is a ****ing maniac for effort and quite certain he's able to judge that sort of thing on the ice better than people on a message board.

Billy Mays Here*

I am excited about tomorrow nights game, even if it is going to start in the dead of night.

For a second there I thought you were talking about SoH, not TSK. Quite an absurd thought, I know.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
randybobandy, after the play the tv zoomed in on the bench and heatr clearly said something, cal didnt even look at him and then they sat apart (really). right or wrong heatr gave it to him. ps can anyone find/ add that short clip?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

hey! I'm positive most of the time. More positive than most of you guys

CG5

Jan 18, 2011
Waukesha, WI
randybobandy, after the play the tv zoomed in on the bench and heatr clearly said something, cal didnt even look at him and then they sat apart (really). right or wrong heatr gave it to him. ps can anyone find/ add that short clip?

saw that too. it didn't look like a friendly exchange, but who really knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad