GDT: 3/16/13 - Minnesota @ Colorado - 2:00 PM CDT - FSN

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
So, how was the 3rd period?

I heard Pierre-Marc made a sweet play on Seto's 2nd goal.

He made it nearly impossible for Zucker to replace him the next game. Thats my opinion. I think Yeo will go with his gut though, so anything could happen.

But really strong game for Bouchard.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
you might be one of the people i remember, then. It's understandable why most people would pick Weber--dude is an animal. I'm not even saying Suter is better but it's kind of disturbing how he's blown off out of hand lately by some people who regarded him highly in Nashville. especially now that he's performing at an even higher level. IMO it's all the more impressive (when comparing the two) given he's been chucked into unfamiliar surroundings. I think we really need to get better up and down the D though so he doesn't have to play half a game. That's going to tear him up before long.
Yeah him and Bacon both. Makes one happy they aren't overtly physical dmen

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'm fine with Zucker sitting another game. Vancouver will be out for blood, and we really shouldn't mess with any of the lines right now. Butch can stay in. That said, there is zero reason to quickly send Zucker down to Houston when Butch has a lot more to prove still. He's had a habit of getting in the doghouse, then coming back strong for a few games, then going back into hiding. And we don't need to hurt Zucker's confidence by sending him back when he's done nothing wrong. Considering how hard he got hit, just let him sit a bit more and see how Butch does before making any decisions. Besides, perhaps Butch needs someone nipping at his heels to keep him playing better.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
i don't know that Yeo will keep Zucker out completely. Just not start him on the second line. Good to have options. Bouchard is completely lost on the third line but Zucker can still use his speed and get the odd rush or two like clutterbuck does, only with a more accurate shot.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Lets see if Rupp is OK by Monday. If not I'd see Zuck going to the 3rd line, and clutter going to the 4th (since Heatley would be really useless on that 4th line).

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I actually like the idea of a revitalized Bouchard on the 3rd line with Heatley, gives Heatley a linemate who can perhaps set him up since he must have one of them.

Let the rookie go back with the linemates that he had chemistry with instead of throwing him out there with two players who have been less than stellar this year.

I think we are all still in agreement that Butch will be traded by the deadline so why bounce Zucker around? Leave him where it was working.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
I actually like the idea of a revitalized Bouchard on the 3rd line with Heatley, gives Heatley a linemate who can perhaps set him up since he must have one of them.

Let the rookie go back with the linemates that he had chemistry with instead of throwing him out there with two players who have been less than stellar this year.

I think we are all still in agreement that Butch will be traded by the deadline so why bounce Zucker around? Leave him where it was working.

Bouchard needs to play meaningful minutes in order to get interest for trade if that is where this is going.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Did you expect Rupp/Mitchell and Konopka to go out and score 10+ goals this season? All three of them have been good to great this season for what's expected from them. They're not top six players.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
From what I've seen from Mitchell, he's playing a line below where he should be anyways. Great 4th liner, would be a good 3rd liner.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Someone mentioned it on the Capitals board, and I just had to check it out. Suter actually has more points than Ovechkin. WTH?

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Someone mentioned it on the Capitals board, and I just had to check it out. Suter actually has more points than Ovechkin. WTH?
You know if he maintains this pace and the Wild keep winning the people whose heads are exploding over his being mentioned for the Norris are going to jump off tall buildings when he starts getting mentioned for the Hart.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
Some cool pictures.

163806366_slide.jpg

163808159_slide.jpg

163810473_slide.jpg

Mumbler*

Bouchard needs to play meaningful minutes in order to get interest for trade if that is where this is going.

I still don't think any increased time is going to do anything for trade value. Butch will get a tryout with another team next year. He probably should get more but can you blame anyone for not taking a chance on a guy one hit away from never playing again?

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I think Hackett should get the start against the Canucks. Let Bäckström rest, he was really uncertain last night. Usually we lose if the other team scores 4 goals, but fortunately not this time. Still, the chances of us being able to score six times again are too slim to take the risk and play Bäckström on Monday.

The secondary scoring was great partly because it allowed Yeo to reduce Koivu's and Parise's time on ice. We didn't have to exhaust them by playing them over 20 mins, so they should feel fresh enough to take on Vancouver on Monday.

I'm fine with Zucker testing himself on the 4th line, but decisions will have to be made eventually. If PMB plays well, the chances of getting a reasonable return for him in a trade increase, but if we plan on keeping PMB, either Coyle or Zucker should be sent down. I don't want to see Zucker in the press box or on the 3rd line with an underachieving center. The reason I mention Coyle is that his production leaves a lot to be desired for a 1st line player who's been allowed to stay there for a rather long stretch of games. I know stats aren't everything, but it's the 1st line and production should be expected. We could slot PMB, Seto or Zucker there.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
No you don't understand. Suter is definitely only a complimentary player and is only good if he has a good partner, so he's only good thanks to Brodin. But Brodin isn't good you see, he's not a top rookie by any means.

So Suter is only doing well because Brodin is good, which he's not.

/confusion.

Hehehehe... Been reading the main boards I see;)

Nicely done:nod:

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I realize Heatley had 2 assist this last game, but he still did not look good, at all. Brodziak worked pretty hard as well as Clutterbuck, but Heatley, is nothing short of a giant anchor.

I wouldn't mind seeing Zucker or Butch on the third, and the other on the second linem and really, let Heatley sit a game or two. Just to see what happens. Christ, we've tried out every other line combo possible, sat players who have worked far harder, so why not let that slow beast sit, he's definitely earned it.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
you might be one of the people i remember, then. It's understandable why most people would pick Weber--dude is an animal. I'm not even saying Suter is better but it's kind of disturbing how he's blown off out of hand lately by some people who regarded him highly in Nashville. especially now that he's performing at an even higher level. IMO it's all the more impressive (when comparing the two) given he's been chucked into unfamiliar surroundings. I think we really need to get better up and down the D though so he doesn't have to play half a game. That's going to tear him up before long.

Weber has a great shot and hits like a truck, but I felt that he wouldn't have been able to show that off if he didn't have a steady player like Suter to play with. Suter felt like the less flashy but the smarter and more team-oriented of the two.

Billy Mays Here*

Hackett damn well better get the start in Vancouver, not just because Backstrom has looked shaky the last couple games, but because if Yeo has paid any attention at all since he's taken over as head coach of this team, he'd know that Backstrom is awful in Vancouver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad