Prospect Info: 25th Ryan Poehling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Based on his lack of offensive tools.

Find footage of him doing anything but tipping pucks.

Well nobody does that in here. So we went for double needs. Centerman and tipper! I prefer him who tips pucks than Galchenyuk who tips strippers. :sarcasm:

badi

Jan 21, 2008
Said I'm happy being pick by Toronto ,,,,,
Has Bust written all over is face

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
love the pick, size, still young will fill out , skates well, and as someone said he tips pucks, we surely can use that big center to tip pucks into the net...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How is his upside questionable? He's an underager in NCAA. Last season in USHS, he scored 5 pts less than Mittelstadt.

Stop looking at production. It's about skills. You're blind if you can find anything Poehling does better offensively other than tipping pucks.

If he can't create, can't stick handle, can't pass and cant shoot. How will you produce?

Lars Eller had more raw skill than this guy.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
When you draft this late every year you get projects...most don't pan out. Keep him developing for the next 4 years

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Chalk this one up to a bust. What a waste.

Should have traded it. Onto the 2nd round.

He's not a bust, he just has limited upside.

He did have great numbers the year previous in High School. Big frame, great skater.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He's not a bust, he just has limited upside.

He did have great numbers the year previous in High School. Big frame, great skater.

It's a bust as far as I'm concerned.

Take a swing at a guy. Tired of sitting here saying, oh if they make it they are a third line guy (LeBlanc, Poehling, Chiphura, McCarron)

Scherbak was the only home run swing they've taken.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
It's a good pick. He already has one year done in the NCAA where he played against people much older than him.

Hopefully he keeps progressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad