Prospect Info: 25th Ryan Poehling

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
good pick
Was the youngest kid in the Ncca
size, skates well
+ in the Hockey News Draft Preview they have him (best case Ryan O'Reiley)

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It's a bust as far as I'm concerned.

Take a swing at a guy. Tired of sitting here saying, oh if they make it they are a third line guy (LeBlanc, Poehling, Chiphura, McCarron)

Scherbak was the only home run swing they've taken.

He had a lot of love after the U-18. I think he'll be good. He skates far better than all of them.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just replayed his interview.

He was reminded that his uncle Stan Palmer was drafted by the Habs in 1977, as part of the question he was asked, where the interviewer said it was a kind of poetry for him to be drafted by the same team ... and he goes and answers "to get drafted by an organization like Toronto, uh ... Montreal, is just an honor and I'm very excited it happened."

How excited is he, really?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
"He also has a very good wrist shot and release. Poehling really needs to use that shot more though, as he has a tendency to pass up shooting opportunities in order to make an extra pass"

Sounds like a Habs player to me.

Can't believe he said Toronto. He will be hearing about this for a while

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Btw, I wouldn't be surprised if the Habs asked Poehling to leave the NCAA like the Red Wings did with Cholowski.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I will live with Poehling. Somebody will have to tell him though to say **** you to Lefebvre when the latter will make him believe he,s just a 3rd liner.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I love how we know exactly how he is going to be a bust already.

Can we pull up the thread of when we drafted Sherbak and see everyone saying he was a slam dunk?

Charkey

Nov 9, 2007
Only positive people on here, no complainers

I think the 25th pick as great potential. Big young center, exactly what we need.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
It's awesome when a pack of whiners who have never seen Poehling play label him a bust. Habs board at its finest.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Hey, here we go. I know why Timmins took him. He now can add Poehling as the summer invitiations from a Junior team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad