GDT: #25 Devils @ Hurricanes, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Really curious to see what Hynes does tomorrow night.

Elias - Kalinin - Palmieri as the second line possibly?

Josefson was playing with Palmieri after the Zajac injury so maybe they will stick with that.

Hopefully Kalinin is straight back into the lineup. A decent replacement for Zajac.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Josefson was playing with Palmieri after the Zajac injury so maybe they will stick with that.

Hopefully Kalinin is straight back into the lineup. A decent replacement for Zajac.
Makes most sense.

Matteau-Kalinin-Kennedy sounds like a decent 3rd to me.

Hopefully Matteau can build on the last night's game. It was the best he looked all season and more like how he finished last year.

A Flyers game is where you want to see Matteau with his style.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Wasn't able to watch the game because of work. Happy that Josefson was able to finally score, his play has been much better than what his stats indicate. Especially happy that Kincaid had a solid game stopping 30 of 31 shots. That could be huge for his confidence going forward. We need to have solid play from him as the backup. You don't want them starting Schneider way too much because they lack confidence in Keith. And since we have an outside chance of making the playoffs I don't want him to be worn out by April if we do happen to make the playoffs.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Matteau played well last night. Shot the puck a lot and mucked it up.

We didn't get to see him pass it on the PP but he looked pretty smooth taking the puck from behind the goal line to in front of it. That should open up good options for him if he continues to play there.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Wasn't able to watch the game because of work. Happy that Josefson was able to finally score, his play has been much better than what his stats indicate. Especially happy that Kincaid had a solid game stopping 30 of 31 shots. That could be huge for his confidence going forward. We need to have solid play from him as the backup. You don't want them starting Schneider way too much because they lack confidence in Keith. And since we have an outside chance of making the playoffs I don't want him to be worn out by April if we do happen to make the playoffs.

I think a lot of people who watched the game were a little baffled by the shot count, myself included.

Camille the Eel

Kinkaid's positioning was much better than his other games. Merrill had a great game, skating the puck out of harm's way himself and exiting our end, and on JJ's goal he looked off the goalie and the d-man, had his eyes still faking the pass when he wired the puck high short side. Great head fake.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Not bashing at all, but announced 9,254 and it was prob closer to 6k actual last night.

They need to trade E. Staal and get a legitimate goaltender in there.
They have a nice collection of young defensemen to build on.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Matteau played well last night. Shot the puck a lot and mucked it up.

Best he's looked in a while.

I still want to somewhat attribute his last game or two before this where he looked lost to coming back from being sick and trying to catch his legs/body.

We'll see how he responds after last night.

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
I think a lot of people who watched the game were a little baffled by the shot count, myself included.

Completley baffled . A bit of hometowning going on there. theres no way they had 31 shots. Id say more like 21 and of those, 3 or 4 might have been dangerous

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
vBsZh86_zps976128f3.jpg

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
At home Carolina has averaged 30.5 Sh/60 at ES, versus 28.6 on the road. That differential is pretty standard. If their home guy was an overcounter you'd expect to see a bigger differential.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
At home Carolina has averaged 30.5 Sh/60 at ES, versus 28.6 on the road. That differential is pretty standard. If their home guy was an overcounter you'd expect to see a bigger differential.

I'm telling you, we need to run an experiment were 5 or 6 people count shots during a game and then compare the results immediately after the game.

I would love to see the discrepancy between the 5 people as well as the leagues official count.

I believe you watched the game last night, did you think Carolina produced 31 shots in that game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad