New Jersey Devils Lineup (Projected):

#13 Mike Cammalleri (A) - #14 Adam Henrique (A) - #20 Lee Stempniak
#26 Patrik Elias (A) - #19 Travis Zajac (A) - #21 Kyle Palmieri
#25 Stefan Matteau - #16 Jacob Josefson - #48 Tyler Kennedy
#20 Jordin Tootoo - #11 Stephen Gionta - #18 Brian O'Neill

#6 Andy Greene (C) - #5 Adam Larsson
#2 John Moore - #28 Damon Severson
#44 Eric Gelinas - #7 Jon Merrill

#1 Keith Kinkaid (just my assumption for now)
#35 Cory Schneider

Scratches:
#8 David Schlemko (healthy)
#9 Jiri Tlusty (shoulder injury)
#15 Tuomo Ruutu (right foot fracture)
#23 Bobby Farnham (healthy)
#51 Sergey Kalinin (healthy)

Carolina Hurricanes Lineup:

#12 Eric Staal (C) - #49 Viktor Rask - #16 Elias Lindholm
#42 Joakim Nordstrom - #11 Jordan Staal (A) - #15 Andrej Nestrasil
#53 Jeff Skinner - #20 Riley Nash - #32 Kris Versteeg
#24 Brad Malone - #18 Jay McClement - #25 Chris Terry

#65 Ron Hainsey - #27 Justin Faulk (A)
#27 John-Michael Liles - #54 Brett Pesce
#5 Noah Hanifin - #7 Ryan Murphy

#31 Eddie Lack
#30 Cam Ward

Scratches:

#14 Nathan Gerbe (Lower body injury)
#21 James Wisniewski (Lower body injury)
#47 Michal Jordan (healthy)

Results of our last game:

tumblr_m2wte1J8uP1qailpoo1_500.gif

LlySXkc.gif

Impending results of tonight's game:

7GAOXKX.gif

tumblr_mdi5mzJixa1qelb7ro1_500.gif

tumblr_n824z4qVPR1s2fn7xo2_500.gif

And hopefully for Jake:

tumblr_mk8ldlLU9j1qevk5so1_500.gif

LET'S GO DEVILS!

Last edited:

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
And it's the first-ever Dad's trip for the NJ Devils. This is something a lot of other teams have done for years, so it's cool to see the Devils adopting this as a new team tradition.

Edit: Oh and I was just down in Raleigh last month. Anyone else ever share in the glory that is Bojangles for hangover breakfast?

bojjangles-names-new-vice-president-it.jpg

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
If the Devils are still dreaming of a playoff spot they better start putting up points, because they're starting to fall behind teams for a wild card spot. And tonight they play another bottom feeder that seems to give them fits, especially in their barn. They need to turn that trend around in a hurry and put together some wins or we're looking at another top ten pick. Not sure if that's such a bad thing.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Father's trip special.

And it's the first-ever Dad's trip for the NJ Devils. This is something a lot of other teams have done for years, so it's cool to see the Devils adopting this as a new team tradition.

Seems very discriminatory to leave Mom's out. We used to practice equality now we've turned back the clock of progress.

Shero hates Moms!

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Unfortunately won't make it to the game even though I'm in Columbia, SC. Extremely busy week so we'll have to wait to see them later. On the Bojangles point - it is delicious. If ever in the Carolinas it's a must stop fast food place.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Seems very discriminatory to leave Mom's out. We used to practice equality now we've turned back the clock of progress.

Shero hates Moms!

Obviously that was sarcasm, but just to touch on your point:

Although this trip is for the dads, the hockey moms' roles in their sons reaching this level is not being overlooked. After doing a mothers' trip with the Penguins in 2013-14, Shero hopes to do one with the Devils at some point, as well.

“Hopefully, we eventually get to that,†Shero said Tuesday. “I don't know what next year will bring, but I think that's important. It was different, but it was really enjoyable with the moms. It was important to them as well. We did a little twist on what we usually do because it's the moms and they really enjoyed themselves. It was actually my last year in Pittsburgh, so I'm glad we got that in.â€

http://fireandice.northjersey.com/fire-ice-1.174987/devils-dads-looking-forward-to-seeing-how-the-other-half-lives-hockey-moms-not-forgotten-1.1466054

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Was hoping for the bones of Wardo but whatever.

Just win down in that house of horror. If I have to hear their horrendous goal song I'll murder something.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
What did Kalinin do to deserve a day off? Why not sit Gio/Tootoo or dare I say, JJ? Kalinin atleast is somewhat competent and crashes the net once in awhile. Tootoo has become a shell of a player this season.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

man I do not agree with sitting Kalinin.

That's ridiculous.

Kalinin was the only guy generating anything offensively for a good portion of the third period last game. On the flip side, I guess at the same time we've been struggling of late so a little change could be good.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I would have started Cory tonight and Keith vs Philly.

Kalinin must be under the weather or battling an injury.

Put Schlemko back in!

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Go Devils! Get the win for the fathers:D

I wish Kalinin was in the lineup because I like him much better than Tootoo this season, though, and I hope that if Kinkaid is the starter, he does well. He's been a bit shaky this season, so hopefully he can overcome that tonight if he gets the start.

These are an important two points. Stay focused and motivated, Devils!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wow I literally don't agree with all three scratches. Watch them win this game 5-1 and us be stuck with this lineup for a week though.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
They have to win this game.

If we want to stay relevant, definitely. We need to get some points during this stretch. Team needs to understand that a win against Montreal means a lot less when you then drop a game against Colorado. Got to start putting together win streaks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad