GDT: #24 New Jersey Devils vs. Colorado Avalanche: Baba YeTWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Except that Gelinas has been as bad a train wreck on the PP lately as he is 5-on-5. The meme is at worst he's high risk high reward but how often have we seen the high reward over the last year and a half? He's become completely overrated offensively.

And Merrill really wasn't bad last night other than looking like Colin White on a breakaway in the offensive zone in the second period, some of you see what you want to see.

100% agreed on both counts.

As for the game. It isn't any mystery at all. They only came to play in the 3rd period.

Colorado looked terrible. Especially defensively and it's clear they are a one line team. But we played very tentative, lazy and almost scared for two periods and let them try whatever they wanted.

We started to impose our will in the 3rd and it was clear the Avs are a disaster defensively but it was to late at that point. They could turtle up and keep us from getting good traffic in front of their giant pad monster and that is game.

Only way that big goalie was getting beaten was from snipes or deflections and screens. It being so late and them having the lead it wasn't hard for them to keep us from having the latter option.

We can point at all these details but first and foremost we need 90 minute efforts. Coming out flat for 2 periods we got what we deserved.

Can be explained they let the emotional high from the Montreal game get to them. They preached and knew this could happen but fell in the trap anyway.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can't get over how old Patrick Roy looks. He's aged at a rate comparable or greater than some of the last few Flyers head coaches in the 2.5 years since he's been hired as their head coach.

He's gained a considerable amount of weight, and I don't remember him ever having all that luggage under his eyes. His undereyes look like a boxer after a fight, the bags are so thick and lumpy looking.

I accidentally stumbled upon his post game presser, Joe Sakic is another guy that hasn't exactly aged very kindly either. Only he's looked old and beat up in the face for years now, Roy didn't look this bad at the time he was hired for this job.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm surprised how tame Roy has been, outside of that incident with Boudreau. I figured that as bad as the Avs have been he would have had a Torts like explosion by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad